BCV - best request for "quiet"

3kids4me

<font color=magenta>Besotted Pin Lover<br><font co
We'd like to make sure we have quiet nights at BCV if possible (we have some light sleepers in the family), which would mean not facing the service road. I'm assuming that all "Epcot Views" also face the service road, correct? If so, what would be the best request for quiet in December...would the "Quiet Pool" actually be a quiet side, or is there a better side to request? (I looked at the descriptions for the Woods view rooms and there were some comments about hearing elevator noise at night...not good for us either!)

Thanks!

BCV is our home resort. We have stayed at the "pool view", "service road view" "entrance view" and I think every "view" BCV has. I think the pool view and entrance view that faces the entrance to BCV and the main entrance to the Beach Club is the noisiest. The "service road view" is next. I suggest asking for a view of EPCOT and that you not be on the first floor. There is a walking path behind the BCV that gets a bit of people traffic, especially early morning and late at night. You WILL hear Illuminations from an EPCOT view and some of the EPCOT entertainment.

Remember, BCV has location, location, location, but the tradeoff is that it is noiser than some other resorts.

I would just ask for a quiet room. The assignors will know better than any of us which are the quietest.

We found the service road to be much quieter than the quiet pool view. The noisiest we've had is the courtyard over the BCV entrance. Loved it while we sat on the balcony doing all of the people watching but it was noisy otherwise. BCV just isn't that big to get away from walking traffic, elevators, roads, pools, etc.

A woods view would be the quietest.

:) Bill

Yes, and I can be even more specific. The woods facing rooms in the "jog" to the right. Get off the elevator and turn right down the long corridor. Look to the right for the "jog" that starts with room #-39. VERY quiet rooms. DH is an extremely light sleeper (sneeze within 2 miles and he wakes up), yet he commented how wonderfully quiet that area was.

A map I'm looking at has those rooms on the "jog" facing the woods as being smoking rooms. Are there still smoking rooms at BCV? (I wouldn't want one...)

Thanks!

A map I'm looking at has those rooms on the "jog" facing the woods as being smoking rooms. Are there still smoking rooms at BCV? (I wouldn't want one...)

Thanks!

All WDW rooms are non-smoking.

Thanks for posting this thread! We are staying at BCV in May and I am also a very light sleeper.

Silly question: how do you make a room request? Last year I sent a fax when we stayed at OKW (we were not DVC at the time) but I heard not to do this anymore? This is first trip as DVC Members so I am wondering how to make a request for a "quiet room"?

Thank you - Robyn

All WDW rooms are non-smoking.

And what impressed me was that I got one of these formerly smoking rooms weeks after the switch to all non-smoking. Although I'm kind of sensitive to cigarette smoke, I could find no remnants of the smoking smell.

Make your requests to Member Service when you book your room. The pool views are not quiet and the lights are very bright.

Not necessarily true. The BLT assigner has never been in BLT. :scared1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: But perhaps by now he/she has? At any rate, BCV has been open much longer. I completely agree that a woods view is in general more quiet than a pool or courtyard view.

We found the service road to be much quieter than the quiet pool view.

BCV just isn't that big to get away from walking traffic, elevators, roads, pools, etc.

::yes::

Yes, and I can be even more specific. The woods facing rooms in the "jog" to the right. Get off the elevator and turn right down the long corridor. Look to the right for the "jog" that starts with room #-39. VERY quiet rooms. DH is an extremely light sleeper (sneeze within 2 miles and he wakes up), yet he commented how wonderfully quiet that area was.

I love that wing and agree that is is usually quiet. However, one trip the family across the hall was sooo loud. Every time they left or returned, you could hear them yelling at each other. Not angrily....just yelling. :sad2: They would slowly gather in the hall before leaving all the time yelling back and forth. Unbelievable.

Same family put their trash outside the door. Renters, I'm sure.;) Just kidding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter