BCV bedding change?

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
I read on a different thread that BCV is already changing out the bedding from the old style coverlet/comforter to the more modern triple sheeting and runner.

Is this true? Anyone have pics?

We're bringing in-laws in Nov/Dec and we're booked here 1 night. I might change our reservation based on recent Tripadvisor reviews regarding cleanliness. My in-laws cruise Regent, if you know what I mean.

All DVC resorts will be converted to the "no bedspread" style of bedding in 2014.

:earsboy: Bill

All DVC resorts will be converted to the "no bedspread" style of bedding in 2014.

:earsboy: Bill

I wonder what they will do at AKV? A stark white duvet or triple sheeting (or whatever it's called) certainly won't fit the style of that resort. We actually like the look of the bedspreads there.

Just stayed at BCV a couple week ago and yes, the bed had the triple sheeting.
Loved it.

I wonder what they will do at AKV? A stark white duvet or triple sheeting (or whatever it's called) certainly won't fit the style of that resort. We actually like the look of the bedspreads there.

I, too, enjoy the bedspreads at AKV and how well they blend with the overall theme of the villas.

When they do replace the bedding at AKV, I hope the new bedding follows the style at Coronado Springs: http://allears.net/acc/csr/cs2010a405.jpg

Personally, I think this works better for AKV than a scarf at the end of the bed.

Just stayed at BCV a couple week ago and yes, the bed had the triple sheeting.
Loved it.

Did it have the yellow coverlet/bedspread/comforter that's prevalent in every picture of the villas? Or is it just the crisp white sheeting with a runner at the end of the bed like on the hotel side?

I wish someone had a picture or that it'd be updated on Tripadvisor....

I, too, enjoy the bedspreads at AKV and how well they blend with the overall theme of the villas.

When they do replace the bedding at AKV, I hope the new bedding follows the style at Coronado Springs: http://allears.net/acc/csr/cs2010a405.jpg

Personally, I think this works better for AKV than a scarf at the end of the bed.

That looks nice, but I just hope they keep the darker colors at AKV. A white duvet would not fit the feel of that resort. They need to do something with a bamboo or whicker pattern, or something like that.

Did it have the yellow coverlet/bedspread/comforter that's prevalent in every picture of the villas? Or is it just the crisp white sheeting with a runner at the end of the bed like on the hotel side?

I wish someone had a picture or that it'd be updated on Tripadvisor....

No it was plain white with runner at bottom. Wish I knew how to post a pic.

Actually just checked my pictures. Just white. No runner at bottom.

Just got back from BCV Sat. Yes they did away with the Bedspread and have the triple sheet system. it was fine my only problem was the condition of the room, Room seemed very worn down and not kept up to Disney standards

I think the lack of bed spreads or runners will make all the themes of the DVC resorts seem non-existent. What does all white bedding do for the decor? NOTHING. I don't worry about bedspreads anywhere. I just throw them on the floor and put them back on the bed when I make it up in the morning. I don't sit on them, and even if I did, I doubt I'm going to die doing so.:confused3 I'd much rather see the room decor fit the theme of the resort.

I think the lack of bed spreads or runners will make all the themes of the DVC resorts seem non-existent. What does all white bedding do for the decor? NOTHING. I don't worry about bedspreads anywhere. I just throw them on the floor and put them back on the bed when I make it up in the morning. I don't sit on them, and even if I did, I doubt I'm going to die doing so.:confused3 I'd much rather see the room decor fit the theme of the resort.

Well, at least OKW won't look like Old Beach Club anymore. ;)

I agree with you on the decor issue, but my problem with the bedspread is people like us (me included) throw them in the closet or on the floor. It's not washed, then it's placed back on the bed on top of clean linens. My kids lay on the bed after showers, during changing, etc. It's just kinda gross to me. So I guess I'd rather have no bed decor but a cleaner bed.

Does anyone have an update on this, maybe some pics? Please tell me there's a themed bed scarf or something, I get the reason behind switching to the triple sheeting but this stark white bed is killing my Disney buzz. Those old themed bedspreads were so unique and really contributed to the overall look of the room. If I wanted a plain room I'd save the money and stay offsite, when I'm in a Disney room I want to know it.

Did they leave the drapes that matched the bedspreads? Come on Disney throw me a bone!

Does anyone have an update on this, maybe some pics? Please tell me there's a themed bed scarf or something, I get the reason behind switching to the triple sheeting but this stark white bed is killing my Disney buzz. Those old themed bedspreads were so unique and really contributed to the overall look of the room. If I wanted a plain room I'd save the money and stay offsite, when I'm in a Disney room I want to know it.

Did they leave the drapes that matched the bedspreads? Come on Disney throw me a bone!

Yes, the drapes are still there :)

The new bedding is all white, but it is very very very comfortable.

Why oh why doesn't DVC at least spend a little money and buy some colorful runners? All the pictures I've seen make the bedrooms seem so unfinished. Even the LaQuinta we stayed at over the weekend had runners. Also, they had these neat plugs attached to the nightstand so that it was very easy to plug in your iPhone. A handy little improvement. And this wasn't a fancy resort, just a LaQuinta. And DVC, the best you can do is white sheets!

Why oh why doesn't DVC at least spend a little money and buy some colorful runners?

See this is what I don't understand, they have runners at BC and YC hotel side. Yet I'm not seeing the love at BCV. Are they really that cheap? I mean how much could some Little Mermaid bed scarves cost? They're killing me with these hospital beds. I know how people feel about those bedspreads but they were one of the few themed things in those villas and to be honest I'll miss them. I'm all for comfort and cleanliness but not at the cost of deDisneyfying my resort experience. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter