BCV at 7 months out? Any chance?

Pig Pen

To all who have come to this happy place...welcome
On Feb 12 I will be trying to reserve a BCV studio (check in Sept 7, check out Sept 12).

What are my chances? I have seen that people are already on the wait list for October at BWV!!

I'll bet you've got a shot. Many schools will have started. Its not a peak holiday period. I'll bet you'll be fine.

Now I'm worried - why don't folks like BCV? It looks fabulous to me - especially SAB.

Of course we are w/o children and love Epcot.

Funny, just about every posting I've seen about BCV, people love it. School will be back in session and you probably have a good shot at a studio. I am just trying to think, when is Labor Day? If this is after Labor Day, I think you have a good chance. By the way, I own at BCV....it's great!!!! :smooth:

Originally posted by CaptainMidnight
Several people are reporting the BCV's are thier least favorite resort.

That's not what I've been reading on here. Sure there are people who prefer some of the other DVC resorts, but I disagree very much with your statement which leads people to believe that there is something terribly wrong with this resort. We stayed there in December and LOVED it.

Captain Midnight, I certainly respect others opinion and their right to not like BCV. I, too happen to think it's the greatest thing out there. For years we've been staying at Y&B and just love everything about the resort area.

From reading your post, I think it can lead someone to wonder what is so bad about it. In reality, there is nothing bad about it, just personal preference.

In saying this, I can say we have never stayed at another DVC resort. I am sure they are all equally wonderful. Again, just personal preference and what you like.

Have a nice day, Captain Midnight!!

Hi Pig Pen,

I just became a DVC member, last week, and was able to book a studio for this July 5-11.

So with school starting and it being the week after Labor Day, I think you'll be able to book a studio for the 2nd week in September.

Good Luck!

We bought into BCV's last October and have been home in early Decemberand again in January. We love it. The rooms are great, the atmosphere is sensational, and the cast superb. You will have a great time.
For all others who don't like the BCV's, that's ok....more room for us that do.

I doubt if you will have any problems getting a September booking. That's a slow time of year at Disney.

Captain Midnight, with all due respect, there were no "resort wars" on the Member Cruise, and I would hardly classify a few people stating that BCV is not their cup of tea as an indication that there's something wrong with the resort.

If you do go on the next Member Cruise, I suggest that you not bother to pack your eyepatch and cutlass. It won't be needed.:D :D

:) You should have a good chance of getting those dates as that will be the week after Labor Day week.

Tomorrow I will be trying to start to change my studio BCV ressies to a 1 bdrm BWV standard view for Sept. 7th thru 13th so maybe if I'm lucky you'll get my studio.

P.S. I love BCV and would stay in a 1 bdrm there but I'll need larger accomodations for less points this time.

Good Luck to the both of us!!

Jemima

Actually, if people REALLY don't like BCV, then more room for me!! We leave for WDW the Thurs following Labor Day - I picked that time on purpose because our APs expire on 9/17!

I just realized we will be at WDW on Sept 11, flying home on Sept 12. Gulp - really, I'm not worried.

Thanks everyone.

Now, if those darn May codes would just come out!!

Personally I like to move around within THE WORLD once I get there. Last year i spent 2 nights at WLV then 7 at BCV as it opened July 1st. This year I'm doing it in reverse order - 5 nights at BCV, 2 at OKW and ending our visit with 4 nights at WLV. I really liked BCV when we were there. We watched the Epcot Fireworks from our balcony almost every night.

Unfortunately, the links were only provided after your comment about BCV started to alarm people.

I'm glad that you're happy with BCV. It was fine when I stayed there in October.

If you want to have a Pirate fight, go right ahead. I'm just a little tired of every positive thing degenerating into a "resort war.":(

Now I'm worried - why don't folks like BCV? It looks fabulous to me - especially SAB.
Pig Pen, I am a BCV owner, and I think it's fabulous too. I think it has many advantages over other resorts that we like --

I like the BCV room layout better. Table seats 8 whereas BWV, WLV does not. Bathroom layout nice, Desk in bedroom in BCV.
BCV is newer.
Seemed slower and a little more quiet and relaxed than BC, YC and BWV, yet still close to activities.
Distance to the elevator is better.
Nice Quiet pool
Lots of nice internal spaces for when it's raining, drawing room, breezeway, solarium, BC lobby.
Sandcastle club availability
Outstanding location, boat to MGM, walk to Epcot, Baordwalk area activities closeby, swan and Dolphin restaraunts.
Love the Beach Theme
Great at access to Beach Club amenities, and restaraunts, Jellyrolls, stores, Beaches and Cream, Arcade, etc.
Prefer the sand beach along crescent lake instead of the boardswalk
SAB is nice
Nice Beach Club Workout facility.
Nice access to the parking lot
Bus service fine.
Hotel services available like in-room dining, valet services, front staff.
Nice entrance to the resort walking in BC entrance with large fresh flower arrangements, sometimes music in lobby (saw harpist) front door greetings.
Marina activites, can take boats to see illuminations.
BCVs has access to a marina along with the YC and BC. WLV and OKW also has a marina. BWV does not.
For us, the circus theme isn't as appealing as the beach theme, circuses don't have a good reputation for cleanliness or humane treatment towards animals, or the most friendly workers, but that's just us. and our circus experience bias.

There are several advantages that other resorts have over BCV like --

BCV has no community Hall and Community Hall activities like BWV, Vero, others.
Uses all preferred view point structure, no advantage of standards view lower point structure like at BWV or lower points requirements like at OWK to stretch point value
Rooms smaller than OKW, lessstorage space - OKW, Vero and HH rooms are larger.
No three bedroom grand villas available (usually requires 11 month window at other resorts)
No outstanding crecent lake views like BWV
Villas in back are too close to roadway, some noise.

But all in all we are pleased with our BCV purchase, its a wonderful resort.

Pigpen, on top of all the great info you have gotten here, you should go over to Deb Wills' site and read the reviews of BCV there. Lots of great info. Zamgwar's review is wonderful.

We were there this summer on opening day. It was so exciting to be there! The whole area is just beautiful. We had a great time, until we got booted out. On July 4th the place was totally full, so we mooved over to OKW (which we also loved!)

Keep in mind that ANY resort has a few rooms with less-than-perfect views, and that everyone has their own opinion of what makes a great place. We met lovely cast members and thought the whole resort was grand. I felt like a princess staying there -- even though I was only in a studio! The whole area is very exciting and I can't imagine that you won't love it.

Have fun...

See you at WDW.

Just made a ressie two weeks ago for the last week of June at BCV in a two bedroom. Since that resort is currently being sold, inventory is continually being added which means you will have a better chance of making the ressie at 7 months or sometimes sooner. Every little bit helps! :)

In early december I called and got a 1 bdrm w/ 3 days notice. So never think you don't stand a chance, you have to call to know for sure.

May will be our second stay at BCV - and we own at BWV and VWL. Getting a reservation at 7 months should not be a problem. Our two stays were/will be first week of Dec and Memorial Day - busier times for DVC than September. I think once BCV sells out it will become more difficult to get ressies inside of 7 months, but right now you should be ok. BTW - we think BCV is great. Did someone say add-on? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter