BCV and Storm along bay with Guests

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi All, My wife and I are trying to stay at the beach club for the last four nights of our stay with our kids who are three and one years old. My parents are staying over at the wilderness lodge. Will my parents be able to come and spend a few days at storm along bay with us? How does it work with the wrist bands? thanks!

Unless your parents are on the reservation at BCV they will not be allowed into Storm Along Bay area.

They need to added to the BC ressie in order for them to use Storm along bay.

Each person entering SAB has their magic band scanned by a CM. Unless their bands say they're staying at YC/BC or BCV they won't get in.

They are very firm and check very carefully, everyone's magic band. They can visit you at one of the quiet pools, but never SAB unless they are staying there. I've seen parents beg CMs and tell them you don't want to see the friend cry, answer is well you will have to explain to the crying child. I saw one mother try all three entrances to no avail. She was pretty mad... She tried to say that BWV told her she could come and try out the pool...we bought here for the pool. Love love love it. Perhaps they should try to move to BCV too!

Unless your parents are on the reservation at BCV they will not be allowed into Storm Along Bay area.

Just wanted to add that people can only be added before the trip begins. Once upon a time you could add day guest at the front desk if you had availabilty in your room. Because I had read this info many times here on the boards I thought this was standard but found out it can't be done anymore. Once the manager told us this in May I called MS from my room, who also called the manager at the front desk and to do it would've been very complicated depending on whether you have dining or not. I can go further if anyone is interested in more details.

I have no experience with this matter, but can the grandparents be registered in two different resorts at the same time? I had wondered if myself and DH are at BCV. And DGDs are with parents at another resort. Can we have DGDs listed our resort too? I remember at one time, before MBs, we were staying at BCV and BLT. I was able to get my brother a key card for the room. He was staying one of the values and I wanted him to be able to use the room to rest in if needed.

If you are a DVC member and pool hopping isn't blocked out for the days or your stay, you and the kids can join them at their pool.

Just wanted to add that people can only be added before the trip begins. Once upon a time you could add day guest at the front desk if you had availabilty in your room. Because I had read this info many times here on the boards I thought this was standard but found out it can't be done anymore. Once the manager told us this in May I called MS from my room, who also called the manager at the front desk and to do it would've been very complicated depending on whether you have dining or not. I can go further if anyone is interested in more details.
I just added someone to our room in the middle of our stay (at the Polynesian Villas). It was extremely difficult, and the CM was on the phone with someone for quite a while. She didn't know why she couldn't add them. But I did leave with a magic band that worked and my guest was able to get a parking pass at the gate when he drove in (without us). Not sure what the CM did, but it definitely wasn't easy.

I just added someone to our room in the middle of our stay (at the Polynesian Villas). It was extremely difficult, and the CM was on the phone with someone for quite a while. She didn't know why she couldn't add them. But I did leave with a magic band that worked and my guest was able to get a parking pass at the gate when he drove in (without us). Not sure what the CM did, but it definitely wasn't easy.
Did you have the dining plan? That was the problem we had for the room we tried to put the extra guest in. They said if you try to put a extra guest on a reservation while there and do not have the dining plan they would have to cancel your reservation then rebook it with those same points. The idea that a resort cast member was going to go into my account and mess with my points made me cringe and uneasy. Not something I wanted to do. We also did a three way call with a member service cast member and the manager at the beach club. We were never successful. I keep posting this info so that others won't have to go through this mess.

I think if the person you want to add is not the lead on the other ressie and you use initials rather than names then you should be able to add him.

Did you have the dining plan? That was the problem we had for the room we tried to put the extra guest in. They said if you try to put a extra guest on a reservation while there and do not have the dining plan they would have to cancel your reservation then rebook it with those same points. The idea that a resort cast member was going to go into my account and mess with my points made me cringe and uneasy. Not something I wanted to do. We also did a three way call with a member service cast member and the manager at the beach club. We were never successful. I keep posting this info so that others won't have to go through this mess.
We did not have the dining plan. If they did cancel and rebook, I was not aware of it. But my points are still OK (as in the correct amount I should have). I was unaware of this new rule, and apparently the CM was also unaware. I spent quite a while at the desk while she called different people, and I don't know what the final outcome was (as to how she did it), but my guest was able to get a parking pass and I had a magic band for him that was able to open our room. Had I known that they were going to cancel and rebook (and I don't know if that is what they did), I would have forgone adding the name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter