BCV 2 Bedroom Question

horse11

DIS Veteran
Is there a difference in the BCV 2 bedroom that you book through Disney vs the BCV 2 bedroom through Disney Vacation Club? According to the description through Disney it has room for 9 people and includes 1 king, two queens, one queen sleeper and a chair sleeper. When I look at the set up for Disney Vacation Club it looks as if there are only two beds, a large sofa sleeper, and a small sofa sleeper.

The Disney info is wrong. None of the BCV 2BRs have a chair sleeper.

A 2BR lockoff has a King in the first bedroom, a queen, sofa and murphy bed in the second, and a sofa bed in the living room. The bedroom with the queen/sofa/murphy has a kitchenette and its own entrance.

A 2BR dedicated is similar save the second bedroom. The second bedroom has 2 Queens in the second bedroom, instead of the sofa bed + murphy bed. No kitchenette or murphy bed.

I believe both are officially bookable for 8.

A 2BR lockoff has a King in the first bedroom, a queen, sofa and murphy bed in the second, and a sofa bed in the living room. The bedroom with the queen/sofa/murphy has a kitchenette and its own entrance.

A 2BR dedicated is similar save the second bedroom. The second bedroom has 2 Queens in the second bedroom, instead of the sofa bed + murphy bed. No kitchenette or murphy bed.

Theoretically, the lockoff can sleep 9 if you count the number of sleeping surfaces. But I have never checked to see if it's possible to book 9 in one and of course, the member website is down so I can't even check.

Theoretically, the lockoff can sleep 9 if you count the number of sleeping surfaces. But I have never checked to see if it's possible to book 9 in one and of course, the member website is down so I can't even check.
Yeah. I went in to look. but since it is a day ending in Y, member site is rubbish

Technically BCV has 2 queens in all dedicated but most of them are actually pull outs and not 2 actual beds.

Technically BCV has 2 queens in all dedicated but most of them are actually pull outs and not 2 actual beds.
I thought they were updated in the refurb? Or am I confusing it with another refurb...

I thought they were updated in the refurb? Or am I confusing it with another refurb...
I don't think so but if it was I hadn't heard. I don't think those rooms have enough space for 2 queens unless they get really creative which would likely cost significant dollars.

Beginning on August 1, 2016, all Two Bedroom Villas will all have 2 queen-size beds in the Guest bedroom. The 2- Bedroom Lock-off will still have a queen-size bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the Guest bedroom.

Beginning on August 1, 2016, all Two Bedroom Villas will all have 2 queen-size beds in the Guest bedroom. The 2- Bedroom Lock-off will still have a queen-size bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the Guest bedroom.
Thanks Bill, I'd missed it.

This was a pleasant surprise, I didn't think the layout of all the units had space for 2 real beds.

Is there a difference in the BCV 2 bedroom that you book through Disney vs the BCV 2 bedroom through Disney Vacation Club? According to the description through Disney it has room for 9 people and includes 1 king, two queens, one queen sleeper and a chair sleeper. When I look at the set up for Disney Vacation Club it looks as if there are only two beds, a large sofa sleeper, and a small sofa sleeper.

BCV rooms are BCV rooms and no difference on layout depending on how you book them but there is a difference on occupancy.

When I look at MDE for a cash booking I don't see what you list though - what shows is this:

"2 Bedroom Villa
View Photosfor 2 Bedroom Villa - Opens a dialog
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort, Woods, Pool or Courtyard

1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Double-Size Pull Down Bed or 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa

Sleeps up to 8 Adults"

I honestly have no idea what they are talking about for the "1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Double-Size Pull Down Bed" as that was never one of the configurations unless some rooms have a double sleeper in the living area and some have a queen sleeper there instead but I don't think that's correct.

When booking on points thru DVC they tend to allow an extra person in a room but don't always have a bed so that's why you see Sleeps up to 9 for a point booking - but you bring the bed for #9. You would have 9 sleeping spots in a 2BR lockoff though but you lose a real bed - the configuration would be 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, 1 queen sleeper, 1 double sleeper and 1 murphy bed.

Looks like Disney doesn't know what DVC units have now. Although the info they have NEVER did exist at BCV.

This is from the Member's Web site. You can still access non-secured areas on the site - you just can't log in.

ScreenHunter_71 May. 07 12.02.jpg

Dedicated two bedroom villa

BCV_2Bdrm-v2-16x9.jpg
Lock-off two bedroom villa
bvc-2-2-bdrm.jpg

Last edited:
Of the 2 floor plans posted by BobNed, the top or larger one is a dedicated 2 BR the smaller one is the lock-off.

This is a random question...but is the occupancy of a 2 bedroom lockoff the same as the occupancy of a 1 bedroom plus a studio? For instance, my friends want to book a 2 bedroom lock off for 7 adults, 2 4 year olds, and 3 2 year olds. Basically 12 people, but three of them are infants. Since both the one bedroom and the studio will allow you to book for 5 plus an infant, and you book for 10 plus 2 infants? One cast member I spoke with said yes. One said no. I'm just confused!

This is a random question...but is the occupancy of a 2 bedroom lockoff the same as the occupancy of a 1 bedroom plus a studio? For instance, my friends want to book a 2 bedroom lock off for 7 adults, 2 4 year olds, and 3 2 year olds. Basically 12 people, but three of them are infants. Since both the one bedroom and the studio will allow you to book for 5 plus an infant, and you book for 10 plus 2 infants? One cast member I spoke with said yes. One said no. I'm just confused!

Once it's a 2BR then it becomes a plus 1 infant, not 2. You would need to book the rooms separately and add a traveling with and hope to get them close to each other or by chance side by side with connecting doors.

As noted, you'll need more than a 2 BR to accommodate that group.

So, the dedicated has 2 queen beds in the studio and has beds for 8, and the lock-off has a queen bed and a double size sofa and a pull down murphy bed in the studio and has beds for 9. Is this correct?

So, the dedicated has 2 queen beds in the studio and has beds for 8, and the lock-off has a queen bed and a double size sofa and a pull down murphy bed in the studio and has beds for 9. Is this correct?
Yes, that's the make up of the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter