BCV 2-bedroom - queen beds question

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
I have rented DVC points for stays in a 2-bedroom villa at BCV several times now. I just booked the 2-bedroom again for next year (on rented DVC points) and received the email confirmation from DVC. The details of the reservation say "2-bedroom Villa - two queen beds". Any time we've stayed in the 2-bedroom villa the 2nd bedroom has had one queen bed and the sleeper sofa. Since this reservation confirmation specifically states "2 queen beds", does that mean our 2nd bedroom is guaranteed to have 2 queen beds? I'm just curious because I don't remember seeing that listed on past reservation confirmations.

TIA

Under normal circumstances, you should be assigned a 2-bedroom with 2/queen beds in the second bedroom.

If the room you are to be assigned is removed due to a maintenance issue, you could be assigned a different 2-bedroom configuration. There is also a very small chance the room assigner could make an error and give you a different configuration. There is also a very remote possibility of that configuration being overbooked.

DVC doesn't overbook and they don't upgrade. "Two queen beds" is a booking category, so that's what you have reserved.

As Michael pointed out though things can happen and since DVC books to be full year round then if there's an issue a person potentially could get a different room config with their BCV 2BR.

As Michael pointed out though things can happen and since DVC books to be full year round then if there's an issue a person potentially could get a different room config with their BCV 2BR.
Plenty of exceedingly unlikely things can happen. But I think it would be practically impossible for one type of two bedroom to go out of service while a different two bedroom at the same resort is available. In the unlikely event that the category you booked is not available, I'd expect to me moved to a different resort, like SSR, where rooms are more likely to be available.

Plenty of exceedingly unlikely things can happen. But I think it would be practically impossible for one type of two bedroom to go out of service while a different two bedroom at the same resort is available. In the unlikely event that the category you booked is not available, I'd expect to me moved to a different resort, like SSR, where rooms are more likely to be available.

Actually, I've read of at least one report of someone booking a 2 BR 2 queen beds at BCV who received the single queen + sofa so I don't think it's as unlikely as you do. It's happened other places too - specifically I remember someone booking a lock-off at Kidani on purpose and being given a dedicated because they didn't have the lock-off available.

Is it unlikely to not get what you have booked? Yes. But the OP was asking if it guaranteed which it cannot be 100%. It's as guaranteed as it can be though.

Is it unlikely to not get what you have booked? Yes. But the OP was asking if it guaranteed which it cannot be 100%. It's as guaranteed as it can be though
But that the entire purpose of booking categories. That is, by definition, your guaranteed accommodation.

Getting something other than what you have reserved is an exception and not likely. It could happen, but it rarely does with DVC.

OP - - Expect to find two queen beds in the second bedroom of your 2 bedroom villa at BCV. Enjoy the trip!

But that the entire purpose of booking categories. That is, by definition, your guaranteed accommodation.

The definition of guarantee is a little different in the timeshare world. It means that they will do their best to get you into the category you booked. Obviously, if next week there is a fire at BWV (God forbid), that takes several rooms out of service on the Boardwalk side, including a Grand Villa or two, there will be some people over the next few months that don't get their "guaranteed" room. Or if a hurricane hits Vero or HHI next Summer, people with Fall stays might find themselves without accommodation. Disney will do what they can to help, but occupancy levels are high - and you might not get exactly what you had booked - if the resort is at 100% occupancy, someone will find themselves with a surprise in their vacation.

A large fire that takes out a few rooms is unlikely (the hurricane did happen at Vero). A fire small enough to cause smoke damage is not as unlikely, neither is a plumbing failure that would require carpet being replaced, or a refrigerator dying in a bigger unit that might take a day or two to arrive to be replaced, or a room getting trashed by the previous guests enough that it would require being taken out of service for a day or two for deep cleaning and repairs.

It is believed by some that Disney doesn't quite book 100% of its rooms so they have the flexibility to service in emergencies. But that, in itself, is a statistical game. Do you pull one two bed two bedroom out AND one queen/sofa out of BCV already small room count "just in case" - or for maintenance purposes do you treat them as one room type? And then what happens if you have one room reserved and two need to be pulled for service? When you have rooms that have a very small count and high demand (BWV Grand Villas, VAKL Value or Conceirge rooms) do you ever hold any of them except for scheduled maintenance? Me, I'd always book all my studios - but hold back bigger units - you can delight someone with an upgrade if a studio goes out of service, but you can't fit a family of seven in a studio if a two bedroom goes out.

It's happened other places too - specifically I remember someone booking a lock-off at Kidani on purpose and being given a dedicated because they didn't have the lock-off available.

This was me...

We booked a lock-off (guaranteed booking category) and we were assigned to a dedicated. The main issue is that the room assigners are NOT DVC folks. They see "2BR" and assign you a "2BR". In our case, by the time we checked in, we were given a HA dedicated 2BR. We assume that someone checked in before us and disliked the HA room so they were reassigned to the lock-off 2BR reserved for us. The person that did the reassignment saw a "2BR" available without knowing whether or not it was a dedicated or lock-off. After a call to DVC and a subsequent conference call to the AKV manager, we resolved the situation. I also sent a follow-up email that pointed out the miscommunication and asked that they provide more information between DVC and the resorts. I think that they have made a few steps towards improvement by noting the "2BR Lock-Off" and "2BR" on the online booking page as separate categories.

I disagree that a 2BR is a 2BR and that when you book a lock-off or a dedicated, you still may wind up with something different. This is not acceptable. That, to me is the equivalent of saying "You booked a 2BR for your family of 4 but we decided to refund some points and put you in a 1BR instead"....not acceptable. In our scenario, we were traveling with another family (my parents!) and we needed the extra wired internet connection (before the free wi-fi) and the door between the two rooms. We wanted to be together, but separate. Knowing how big Kidani is, we knew that booking a 2BR L/O was the only way to guarantee that our 1BR and studio were close to each other.

Last edited:
To the OP: the 2 bedroom with 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom is a dedicated 2 bedroom. This means there is no kitchenette in that room and no door into the outside hall. Just so you know. It is a booking option -- one we chose when having family stay with us and wanting the 2nd bed over the sleeper sofa. The 2 bedroom option with 1 bed and a sleeper sofa can be either dedicated or lock off at BCV. No lock off option when you have 2 queen beds. Enjoy your stay!

I've always gotten the 2 queen bed configuration at BCV when we've booked it. I hope we get it in May, because that's what I booked, and I hope you get it too, if that's what you booked! No sense in worrying about it now!

Thanksgiving week at BCV we got a dedicated 2-BR even though the reservation was for a lock off. It wasn't a big deal because we were all immediate family. Had we been travelling with friends are more distant family, we probably would not have been happy. Wouldn't want non-family to hear our grumblings about no hot water!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter