BCV 2 bedroom OR BWV 2 studios?

gabbysmom04

DIS Veteran
Can you reserve two studios when using points? I was going to stay in a two bedroom in BCV for 150 pts, or I could get 2 studios at BWV for 90 pts total. what should I do? Is it much better to have the two bedroom at BCV or will a Studio at BWV be great too? Thank you for the help! Oh yeah, I am travelin with my husband our DD 1 and his mother, I am not sure what room setup would be better. :confused3

Well...it all kind of depends on a few things :scratchin

You can reserve 2 studios if you want to but you need to figure out which will work better for you.

Do you have or want to spend the extra pts for the 2bdrm? If the extra pts needed is a factor...that can help in making your decision.

Do you need or would you use the kitchen? The in room laundry? with a baby the laundry is a biggie for some. And how long of a trip?

Do you get along well with MIL? How close is too close of quarters? Would having separate studios be better or make no difference in the answer to that question? :confused3

Personnally, I'd go for the 2bdrm if I had the pts but we tend to use the kitchen,laundry and like the extra space of having the larger unit but it depends on your own answers.

If pts spending is a factor or you would do better to have completely separate space from the MIL....2 studios would be fine I would think.

Best of luck!

I just wanted to let you know that the two times I requested two studios and asked for my "preference" that they be next to each other, (once at BWV in August and once at WL in October), they were not. However, they were on the same hallway a few rooms apart. And for those two trips, it was not a necessity that we have connecting rooms or adjoining rooms, or else I would have gone with a 2 bedroom.

So if you "have" to be right next to each other or "have" to have connecting rooms, you may not get that with two studios, even if you request it.

For my 2006 trip, we are taking my brother-in law and his two children, and we want to be together, so we are getting the 2 bedroom this time, as I was not lucky enough to get the two studios next to each other on my other trips.

Good luck with your planning and enjoy your trip!

Kathy

Ursula's Mom said:
...(snip).....So if you "have" to be right next to each other or "have" to have connecting rooms, you may not get that with two studios, even if you request it.....
There are no connecting studios in any of the on site DVC resorts. Those that connect (inside door between), connect to a 1 bedroom unit (to make a 2 bedroom unit).

There are very few studios that adjoin (are next to each other but no interior door between them) in the DVC resorts. The same hallway a few doors apart is probably the best you can expect - and that is not guaranteed.

Best wishes -

BWV has studios that are next to get together - these are dedicate studios - l like them better than the lock off studios.

I would go for 2 studios but I like to save points. be aware than some guests at BWV had their near to each other on the floor above or below them. but with the elevators that is too much of a problem.

Sorry for my mistake - I did not know that there were no "connecting" studios. I apologize. I guess that was why I never got that request!

Thanks for giving me the info - I always learn so much on these boards.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter