bc

kapoof

DIS Veteran
is it quite a hike to walk from the bc to epcot and/or mgm? thanks for any info

From YC/BC to Epcot is not long at all. It only takes about 3 or 4 minutes from the beached ship to International Gateway.

From YC/BC to MGM is much longer, about 15 minutes by foot. The way to MGM also has no shade along the way and no place to stop once you're past the Boardwalk, so I usually take the boat. The boat takes longer, but it's much more comfortable.

The boat is soooo slow that walking is often faster, especially if you just missed a boat and have to wait for the next one...but you walk so much at WDW that it is nice to have as an option. Pick one or the other at the moment based on your energy level, length of lines waiting for the boat, weather, and state of your feet!

When I heard BC was a quick walk to the WS, I didn't believe it, thought people were just saying that. Then I stayed at BC, it was literally 2 - 3 minutes to the gate, absolutely wonderful :)

One of the best parts is that entrance. We decided one night to walk over to watch Illuminations, left around 8:40, watched the show and back to the room! We were back in our room before most people made it to the front exit of the park!! I hate fighting to get out of Epcot, so you gotta love that!

I think that the Beach Club is a perfect hotel & I want to stay there next time. We went there to visit my sister/brother in law who stayed there & then walked over to Epcot from there to see Illuminations. Its such a nice, short, pretty & uncrowded walk. I would say 3 minutes max - that's walking at a slow pace. The walkway is very wide, too.

I also loved that you could easily walk over to the Boardwalk, too. I loved the atmosphere at the Beach Club, too. It was so bright & fresh. The cast members there were all so friendly. It left such a great impression on me.

My sister/brother in law loved the hotel. They couldnt say enough good things about it. They moved from the Contemporary (which they hated, btw) and were so happy to be at the Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter