• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC/YC Market Place or Hurricane Hanna's

Princess_De

The Princess in my family
We'll be at the BC in early May 2007, which is the better and/or more convenient CS? I've looked at both the menus on allears but has not heard too much about either on the DIS. I'd like to do several CS's on property (because of SAB) if the experts think it's worthwhile.
Please enlighten me on your experiences of both places. Are there long waits, is there a variety of food choices, is the food good?
:beach:

Both places are good, but different. Hurricane Hanna's is more of a pool fare place with burgers, hot dogs, salads and fries. The Marketplace is more of a sandwich place at lunch. Hanna's is in the SAB area, the Marketplace is inside the beach club lobby. Another option in that area is Beaches and Cream for take out. I believe that their take out counts as a counter service restaurant. A better option for lunch would be the Yacht Club Galley for take out, but I'm not sure if that counts as a counter service or table service.

Market Place is blah. Hurricane Hanna's is ok. I love Beaches and Cream. Good food and great deserts.

We just got back...here's our thoughts.

Hurricane Hannah's - Loved it! We had the chicken fingers, salad & burgers/fries. All was good...the salad with chicken was surprisingly good too!

Marketplace - I was disapointed in the selection... We took some sandwiches on one day as a CS...although they were good, we didn't go back since they were lacking variety.

Beaches & Cream - We went there for a burger & fries. We used the take-out, since Hurricane Hannah's was closed due to water pipe damage. We couldn't use our CS...we had to pay cash or room key. The sit-down side is a Table Service. So, no CS at Beaches & Cream. There's also Cape May too. We did a late breakfast there and it was good...but it's a TS as well.

Hope this helps!

I've never been impressed with the sandwich selection at the Market Place, but the gelato is wonderful! :thumbsup2

I haven't tried the salads at HHs but was very disappointed in the burgers after reading that they were now supposed to be the same as B&C. No way. The bun was not warmed at all and just yucky. It comes with chips or ....chips.

We do enjoy the cold sandwiches and salads available at the Marketplace.

However, be aware if you are on the DDP, the choices of sides and desserts are very limited. Chips or nothing for the side. Desserts are a Mickey bar, cookie or piece of fruit. Everywhere else we checked at resorts offered much wider selections....fruit cups, side salads, soup, grapes, carrots and celery, pastries, strawberry bars, Zebra Domes. Really anything marked as a D/P could be picked at the other resorts.

Oh, and B&C is not a QS. It is full service and always has been. You can no longer order takeout meals unless HH is closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter