BC Water/Lagoon View Worth extra $$?

starousse

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We're staying at the BC in May for our first time. I'm currently booked in a Garden View room and thinking of possibly upgrading to a water view. For those who have stayed here, or in both rooms, is the extra cost worth it to you? We stayed at the WL a year and half ago and had a courtyard/pool view and it was great. Even though we are usually in the parks all day long, it was nice coming back to the room at night and relaxing on the balcony before bed. Thanks.

Haven't done it at BC (we went with garden the one time we stayed there), but at BW and YC I always pay for lake views. It really is stunning at night, and definitely worth it to me to pay for it.

One thing to consider at Beach Club is that (unlike Yacht Club), NOT all rooms have balconies --- many just have a little standing balcony, not relaxing material.

One thing to consider at Beach Club is that (unlike Yacht Club), NOT all rooms have balconies --- many just have a little standing balcony, not relaxing material.

We chose YC for the balcony/patio with a waterview. We ended up with a patio with a fantastic view of the BW at night and could see the high Illumination fireworks. It was a great view and well worth the extra money.

BC rooms have juliette balconies(standing only), no balcony or a full balcony. For us the chance of having a juliette or no balcony/patio was a deal breaker. We loved the YC and would choose it over BC again.

Hard to say. It depends on how much it costs and how much time you think you would spend looking out at the lake. Our last 2 trips to BC and YC, we did have beautiful CL lake views (and we loved sitting on the balconies) looking over towards the BWI, but I booked them because all of the GV rooms were taken and we didn't want to look out over the parking lot. GV rooms are quite nice, though.

Thanks for your responses. Most importantly, I've put in a request for a full balcony. I think I'll wait till I get there and ask what it would cost to upgrade to a waterview room (only if it has a full balcony). If it's $200, I'd do it, anything more I'm not sure.

Hi,

We're staying at the BC in May for our first time. I'm currently booked in a Garden View room and thinking of possibly upgrading to a water view. For those who have stayed here, or in both rooms, is the extra cost worth it to you? We stayed at the WL a year and half ago and had a courtyard/pool view and it was great. Even though we are usually in the parks all day long, it was nice coming back to the room at night and relaxing on the balcony before bed. Thanks.

We have stayed at BC or BCV many times. We always book standard or garden and have gotten free upgrades to lagoon view about 35% of the time. I would not pay for a lagoon view because we don't sit in the room looking at the view. I'd rather spend my $500 on some nice dinners. :)

Besides, with the BC there is no guarantee that you would have a balcony to sit on.

I think I'll wait till I get there and ask what it would cost to upgrade to a waterview room (only if it has a full balcony). If it's $200, I'd do it, anything more I'm not sure.
The price difference between garden and lagoon views will probably run at least $76 per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter