• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC Questions

SteinsLaFemme

Mouseketeer
I'm staying at the BC for the first time at the end of August. I have some questions. I hope some of you can share your BC experiences with me.

Is there anywhere to get a quick bite to eat at the hotel or are the only options sit down restaurants?

:earsgirl: I read some bad reviews about the bus service. Can anyone tell me of their experiences (good and bad)?

We were there last Memorial Week.

There were no problems with the buses.

I do think there is a lack of quick food service. Beaches & Cream was always busy, they don't take PS's and it took up to 2 hours to get a table at times.

We didn't try Cape May Buffet as we don't like seafood.

You could get appetizers and snack type items at the pool bar but the hours were limited.

There are other restaurants across the lake at the Boardwalk but they could have long lines too.

People say the Epcot area resorts are a great place for a good variety of restaurants but I don't think it is a great place if you just want something quick when you have tired kids. It was much easier to handle this when we moved to POR and used the food court.

I did hear BC did just have a remodel and they now have a place to make deli sandwiches and salad.

The gift shop at the BC has just reopened and does have a place to get sandwiches. I feel sure there would be other things on the menu, but I haven't seen one posted.

We eat at B&C on every trip and have never seen the wait 2 hours. It can be long at peak times, true, but not that long. We usually wait anywhere from 10 - 30 min.

In the mornings, there is coffee and breakfast type snacks available in a room right beside Cape May.

CoolDisneyCat said:
The gift shop at the BC has just reopened and does have a place to get sandwiches. I feel sure there would be other things on the menu, but I haven't seen one posted.

We eat at B&C on every trip and have never seen the wait 2 hours. It can be long at peak times, true, but not that long. We usually wait anywhere from 10 - 30 min.

In the mornings, there is coffee and breakfast type snacks available in a room right beside Cape May.

I'm not one to exaggerate. I was there and it was that long. I'm sure it isn't most of the time, but they must have been at capacity when I was there.

Beaches and Cream is the fast food place for this resort. When it was really crowded we ordered take out. We were there in January and I have to say I found the bus service to be the worst part of our stay! We had to stand on every bus to the Magic Kingdom. Which made we wonder if this is happening in January what happens during peak times? I just think they share the bus with too many resorts. Which means longer wait times and less seats. But the resort is beautiful and the pool and the boardwalk are very nice! And you can walk to Epcot and MGM so that is a plus!

Guads6 said:
But the resort is beautiful and the pool and the boardwalk are very nice! And you can walk to Epcot and MGM so that is a plus!

I completely agree with you.

Now, that I think about it, we only used the bus one day because we took the boat to MGM and walked to Epcot. So, we only needed the bus for MK and AK. We didn't do water parks.

I was there last November. The bus service was pretty good unless you are heading to MK. Most times it was a normal wait but one evening we waited 35 minutes for the bus to MK and it was really full when it got there. Boardwalk gets picked up after the BC so I don't know what those guests do when it is a busy day and the bus arrives full. Bottom line, allow yourself extra time by bus if going to MK.

We love the BC and whole boardwalk area however, we do struggle for quick meals. We have 2 little ones so therefore, sitting down for each meal is not an option for us. We love the moderates to grab quick hot food anytime of day. They like mickey waffles & eggs for breakfast which we couldn't find anywhere, even on the boardwalk. We went to Tubbi's in the Dolphin sometimes, but isn't always convenient to get over there when you have hungry kids first thing in the am. And room service isn't always in the budget! B&C is good but you are limited to sandwiches. For this reason, we switched to AKL or a moderate to open up the options for kids' eating. BC is awesome though!!! I'm sure you will love it!

We love the BC and whole boardwalk area however, we do struggle for quick meals.

I agree. Quick service meals is something desperately needed at the Yacht and Beach Club. Especially for those with children. Hurricane Hannahs has pool side dining, but they aren't always open. Often depends on the weather. This is why I love the Contemporary. They have great dining and a 24 hour quick service and grab and go area.
I probably won't stay at the Beach Club again until they have counter service area.

We stayed at the Beach Club Villas this past January/Feb and the bus service was ok. Mind you, it was a uncrowded time of year. The only problem we had with bus service was coming from Downtown Disney. It took an hour to get back as the bus stopped at all 5 resorts (Dolphin, Swan, BW, BC, YC) Next time I will take a cab like I normally do.

epcotfan said:
We stayed at the Beach Club Villas this past January/Feb and the bus service was ok. Mind you, it was a uncrowded time of year. The only problem we had with bus service was coming from Downtown Disney. It took an hour to get back as the bus stopped at all 5 resorts (Dolphin, Swan, BW, BC, YC) Next time I will take a cab like I normally do.
I'm a first timer to WDW, but..instead of waiting for the buses to MK,
couldn't you instead hop on the monorail at Epcot, and change to the
MK monorail at GF? does this plan take longer that the buses, or am I
all messed up??? :confused3

bugsy said:
I'm a first timer to WDW, but..instead of waiting for the buses to MK,
couldn't you instead hop on the monorail at Epcot, and change to the
MK monorail at GF? does this plan take longer that the buses, or am I
all messed up??? :confused3

That would take a really long time to get to the MK doing it your way. 1 or two hours at least. Especially during busy seasons. Your best bet is to just stick with the bus. It will get you there from the BC to the MK in about 30 minutes (if you have to wait for one) Less if you don't have to wait.
If you followed through on your plan you would have to go through the International gateway in World Showcase to get into Epcot. At this point you have to walk from World Showcase all the way to Future World and finally the exit. That is at least a very long walk. If you were taking the monorail from Epcot you would just switch trains at the TTC and then take the direct monorail line to the MK. No need to change trains at the GF as both monorails stop at the Magic Kingdom. The Express monorail is better since it doesn't stop at the resorts. Stick with the BC bus and give your feet a rest :)

epcotfan said:
That would take a really long time to get to the MK doing it your way. 1 or two hours at least. Especially during busy seasons. Your best bet is to just stick with the bus. It will get you there from the BC to the MK in about 30 minutes (if you have to wait for one) Less if you don't have to wait.
If you followed through on your plan you would have to go through the International gateway in World Showcase to get into Epcot. At this point you have to walk from World Showcase all the way to Future World and finally the exit. That is at least a very long walk. If you were taking the monorail from Epcot you would just switch trains at the TTC and then take the direct monorail line to the MK. No need to change trains at the GF as both monorails stop at the Magic Kingdom. The Express monorail is better since it doesn't stop at the resorts. Stick with the BC bus and give your feet a rest :)
wow, I didn't realize it would be such a LONG trek!!!!! thanks so much for
the info, I would have blown it big time (at least the first day) if it wasn't
for your good advise! :love:

We go to Epcot for quick eats. England fish & chips was my favorite. Each country has walk up food. Then there is a 24 hr place at the Dolphin and the new market place at BC. If you drive there is a Mickey D's five min away.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter