• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC pool question

coastermom

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
We are booked at the BC in late Aug ... My question is are there tubes for the lazy river there already or do you need to rent them ? Or bring your own ?? Just wondering there really is no information on this anywhere I can find ... :confused3... This is our first stay there ! WHOO Cant wait ! :thumbsup2

You have to rent them. I thought this was ridiculous ($8.00 for an hour as I recall, $10.00 a day), but others have said the pool would be too crowded if they gave them out. The lazy river is really just a part of the pool and people were swimming in it when we were there. Only about 3 or 4 people had tubes (during Spring Break) due to the high cost.

They charge for a rental and you MUST rent them.They no longer allow you to bring from home.You CAN however, buy pool noodles, which by the way are more convenient and work better in the pool.The lazy river is not really all that big.It is a very deep(8ft) smallish area with a current.

We are booked at the BC in late Aug ... My question is are there tubes for the lazy river there already or do you need to rent them ? Or bring your own ?? Just wondering there really is no information on this anywhere I can find ... :confused3... This is our first stay there ! WHOO Cant wait ! :thumbsup2

There is a thread that is nothing but BC and YC info. On the first page there is info about it. you can not bring your own tubes but you can rent them and you can bring your own nodles or buy them there.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2707856

The noodles they sell aren't too expensive, and since you buy them they are good for the whole trip. IMO they were more fun, too. ;)

Yes you are supposed to rent them but the last couple of times we have stayed there were tubes floating along or someone said to my boys here we are done with this tube want it.

I plan on buying noodles at Walmart. We'll be in Ft. Lauderdale & Gulf Coast first, so will enjoy using them there, then bring them with us to BC. On last day I'll leave them with a family by the pool.

Coastermom, you are absolutely going to love the BC pool. Easily the best pool I've ever experienced! You have the lazy river, pirate ship water slide, sandy beach, and waterfalls all in one location! The pool noodle was our flotation device of choice for the BC pool. When our stay was over we gave it to a little child who was thrilled! Enjoy your swim.

We were just there 4/30 - 5/10 and BC Marketplace was selling the noodles for $5.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;41157456]You have to rent them. I thought this was ridiculous ($8.00 for an hour as I recall, $10.00 a day), but others have said the pool would be too crowded if they gave them out. The lazy river is really just a part of the pool and people were swimming in it when we were there. Only about 3 or 4 people had tubes (during Spring Break) due to the high cost [bolding added].[/QUOTE]

You have confused correlation with causation. You think the cost is too high, you did not see a lot of tubes, so you have concluded that the reason for that must be because the cost is so high. But, you reall have no idea as to why there were few tubes in the pool during the time that you were there. Personally, I've never thought the cost was unreasonable, but renting a tube is just not something I or my kids are into. Who knows what the hundreds of other people around SAB were thinking?

Yes you are supposed to rent them but the last couple of times we have stayed there were tubes floating along or someone said to my boys here we are done with this tube want it.

I had the same experience - there were a bunch of tubes just floating around the pool, unused, and the lifeguard told us we could just go ahead and use them as they had been left behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter