• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC or YC?

planning06

Mouseketeer
If you had to choose between BC or YC which would you choose and why? They seem so similar, what are the deciding differences?

Both hotels are great. In my opinion they are the best on the Dis property. The only thing that is diff is that BC has the characters dining in it. You can still have breakfast if your staying at the beach club there you jsut have to walk a bit further. Like 5 minutes. The YC is a little more grown up looking but I think it is in a little nicer condition. Also the BC has a little better gift shop that has light breakfast to go. You can not go wrong with either one. Wish I was going back.

we just returned last nite from beach club ..we picked it b/c it was closer to epcot ...lol! only by a few steps though.

something to think about if you plan on staying in your room or using your balcony at all ...yc has full size balconies and bc does not have as many full size ones ... you may want to check out the FAQ BC & YC thread!
I will hunt the thread for!

Both are great choices! The pool can't be beat!

We've stayed at both and really love them both, but when choosing always go for the BC first. We just like the lighter, beachier atmosphere at the BC. The YC is very nice, but the colors are darker. That is really our only deciding point. Since they both share restaurants and the pool, it feels like one resort. We just like the beachy feel to the lobby and the rooms better.

for us the deciding factor was the balcony. there are a few rooms at the bc with a full balcony, but most of the ones at the yc have one, and we knew, with young kids in tow, that we would be spending a lot of time out there while they slept (naps, early bedtime). it wasn't worth the luck of the draw at the bc. and for us, the extra couple of minutes to epcot wasn't really an issue, it really isn't that much further.

the yc rooms are very light and bright, not dark at all. we love the atmosphere in general at the yc, although the bc looks nice, too. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. maybe make a list of what is important to you, or maybe make a pro/con list about each hotel and see if the cons of either of them makes a difference to you.

good luck with your decision!

Stayed at YC and loved it - a factor not mentioned is that the buses stop at the YC first when going to Magic Kingdom or animal kingdom - by the time they reahed BC all the seats were filled - BC guests had to stand on buses to MK or AK while the YC guests had a seat.

We have recently stayed at both YC and BC and our favorite is BC. Reasons are that we have young children and BC suited us more (busier lobby with kids, beachy feel, character breakfast).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter