BC or YC Best for Older Guests?

JDiva02

Earning My Ears
My 82 yr old SIL (who lives with us) suprised heck out of me and wants to go to WDW around Christmas.

DH and already have a long w/e booked at YC for Dec. 3-5 for our 25th anniversary, which is a big step up as we usually stay at POP or ASMu.

We've decided that we should make a separate trip w/ SIL so we can dedicate that trip to her and her needs and not feel as if we are not able to celebrate our anniversay. We will tryto go before Christmas crowds start.

I will arrange a scooter rental as Peggy cannot do any walking. She will probably spend a lot of time in the room with brief forays to the parks in the morning and maybe in afternoon. Peggy has swallowing issues so I will bring some of her staples for fridge, and pick up various meals and bring back to eat in room.

After spending way too much on the Dis boards I have a pretty good feel about food options and I think I can figure out meals on a day to day basis.

Is there any difference re: using and storing scooter in room b/t YC and BC? I really want Peggy to be in a place where she can use the scooter to get as much enjoyment from the resort as possible. I am concerned about having space in the room for the scooter.

I appreiciate any suggesgtions/comments.

Lee

Well, rooms at both resorts are the same size so no difference there. However, the Yacht Club is quieter than BC in my opinion and you will be closer to the boat dock if you plan on using that mode of transportation with your SIL to get to DHS or Epcot.

Definitely the Yacht Club. The energy and pace are much slower at this resort.

I think more people like staying at BC that have young kids. You shouldn't have a problem with the scooter in the room.

I agree - YC is quieter. If you have a scooter, you could also just "walk" to both Epcot and HS as well, if you don't want to wait for the boat. The only time you'd need the bus would be for the MK or AK.

Either lobby and general grounds area would be fine for the scooter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter