BC or CBR

marykatmp

Mouseketeer
I have already changed resorts from CBR to BC back to CBR. We are going to be on property 6/21-6/27. I'm figuring we will end up with 35% off for BC and 25% of for CBR which will be about a $700 difference for 6 nights. I just can't decide if it will be worth it. We are family of five. Last time we stayed at AKL and would stay there in a heartbeat if we could do standard for a family of five, but my youngest now counts as a Disney child.

We have never stayed at either resort, but I hear negatives about CBR. I like the idea of new rooms and saving a bit of money. Thoughts... anyone stayed at both? Do we just need to suck it up and move back to BC before standard sells out?

I have already changed resorts from CBR to BC back to CBR. We are going to be on property 6/21-6/27. I'm figuring we will end up with 35% off for BC and 25% of for CBR which will be about a $700 difference for 6 nights. I just can't decide if it will be worth it. We are family of five. Last time we stayed at AKL and would stay there in a heartbeat if we could do standard for a family of five, but my youngest now counts as a Disney child.

We have never stayed at either resort, but I hear negatives about CBR. I like the idea of new rooms and saving a bit of money. Thoughts... anyone stayed at both? Do we just need to suck it up and move back to BC before standard sells out?

I've stayed at both and like each resort. I like CBR (probably more than a lot of others). Probably the biggest negative is the resort is really, really spread out. You could pay for a preferred room to get closer to the main pool/food court. We requested Jamaica (not preferred) and got a great corner room overlooking the bridge that you'd need to cross to get to the main pool/food court. The pool area is great! The food court was okay. There are multiple bus stops within the resort but that didn't bother us.

The BC is really great, too. The whole Epcot resort area is lovely and we enjoy the close proximity to both Epcot and DHS. We also like having different transportation options beside busses. We found the busses to be hit or miss during our last stay there. The busses also share with some of the other resorts in that area. The pool at BC is amazing. SAB is probably the best pool on property. We also like all the dining options in that area. Many, many more than the CBR. The Boardwalk is a fun place to visit as well.

I guess if you can afford the extra $700 I'd go with BC. If not you'll still have a great trip at CBR.

I believe that if you can swing it you should try BC. Being walking distance to Epcot is (capital A) Amazing!!! We were at Boardwalk a couple of years ago and loved the location. Want to do BC soon. If saving money makes more sense then I'm sure that you will love CBR. Have a wonderful trip.

Hmmmm, that's a tough one. We have stayed at both. The location at BC is it's biggest selling point! Nothing beats being able to walk to Epcot and DHS.

Now, the issues we had with BOTH resorts was wear and tear on the room. CBR is finishing up it's refurb, but if you are getting a five person room you should get a newly refurbed room, which would be awesome. I do like the new decor. :goodvibes

With BC, getting a new room will be a crapshoot at this point because refurbs are ongoing.

We preferred YC to BC and if staying in that area again, we would chose YC. We had vowed to never stay at CBR again, but with the refurbs and the fact that we are about to become a family of five, it's back into consideration.

Of the two choices you have, I'd say BC. :goodvibes

Sorry to tell you this as I know I'm going to upset the CBR folks. But I'd actually choose a value over CBR, even if prices were the same. There's a ton of reasons why which would take all day, but needless to say it only took us 1 night 2 days to realize this, and we ended up moving. In terms. Of the other, BC.

We haven't been fortunate enough to stay here yet, but not by choice. We're always trying and I've heard nothing but good things about this place. Also we strolled through and visited, and things were very nice.

Another option for you may be the Fort wilderness cabins. They sleep up to 6 and I'm sure pricing would be either the same or possibly cheaper. Or the newly redone WLV that have the 5th pull down.:thumbsup2. Either route you go I'm sure you'll have a great time. Remember it's Disney, no matter what it'll be special. Yes , even CBR...LoL.

For me, BC would win hands down. I was never a fan of CBR. Stayed there a few times and just not a big fan.

We just booked BC (been there several times before) for one night before our Disney Cruise in May. I would stay at YC or BC anytime!!! Love being so close to EPCOT and being on the water and watching all the water traffic. Love seeing all the lights from Boardwalk across the water. Convenient to HS as well. Nice places to eat all around. My fav mod is CSR in the Business Class rooms.

MJ

If you can afford it and it is not preventing you from doing other things, I would do BC. We did a split stay between YC and CBR this fall and were sad to leave YC.

CBR was fine - we had a renovated room which was very nice. We had a car so transportation wasn't an issue for us at CBR.

The pool and location at BC/YC just make it that more special. It was great getting to walk to two parks and the boardwalk.

have fun!

If you can afford the extra $$, BC is definitely worth $700 more for 6 nights.

Some of what you get for the $$:

Larger room (especially important when filled to capacity)
Location next to Epcot and DHS
Stormalong Bay
Proximity to the Boardwalk and its entertainment
MANY more dining options
interior hallways
some form of balcony/patio
fewer buses (MK and AK)
direct access to some other resorts (Epcot area)

BC is a luxury hotel. CBR is a moderate hotel. Both are quite nice, but at WDW the luxury hotels blow moderate and value resorts right out of the water! We go to WDW often, so we use the Values and mods on times to squeeze in a budget trip, but the luxury resorts are the very best by far, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter