• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC Bus Service...what's it like during peak time?

bakerjay

Mouseketeer
I've heard not so great things about the bus service from BC. Would anyone like to weigh in with their thoughts on the subject for a mid-June visit?

We own at the BCV and visit frequently. Other than to DTD we have never had unacceptable/bad bus service from the BC. BUT you need to have reasonable expectations. WDW transportation is Mass Transit, just like in any mid/large size city. WDW roads are busy and do experience traffic. Some destinations are far apart. We understand all of these things.
Last Nov I timed our ride from BC to MK. We went under the arches in 17 minutes, and were at the bus depot in 22 minutes
HTH

I've heard not so great things about the bus service from BC. Would anyone like to weigh in with their thoughts on the subject for a mid-June visit?
I don't know why the BC bus has such a bad rep. It only shares with the YC. You only need to take the bus for MK, AK, and DTD. The AK bus goes to Blizzard Beach and the DTD bus stops at Typhoon Lagoon. The other two parks are just a walk or a boat ride.

The MK bus stops at YC first then to the BC then direct to MK. The ride from BC to MK is about 15 minutes. Sometimes the bus can be crowded first thing in the morning, but then, all of the park buses at all of the resorts can be crowded first thing in the morning. But most of the time the bus to MK is great.

The bus to AK stops at YC first, then BC, then BB (Blizzard Beach) then AK. This ride is a little longer, probably about 25 minutes.

The return trips from the parks has the bus stopping at YC first, then BC.

I've stayed at the WL where the Epcot, DHS, AK and DTD buses share with either GF or FW, and I would say that the BC bus is much better. :)

Just remember that you don't need to take a bus to Epcot or DHS, so your overall vacation time spent on a bus is shorter at the YC/BC than staying at a non-Epcot resort. :)

It's not for everyone, but we walk to Epcot, boat to DHS, and monorail via Epcot when we're at BC. Only bus for DAK and that's not common. If we hit DTD, it's usually a taxi because we have a specific reason (and time) for going. So, there's an option if you're so inclined.

I hesitated before staying at the YC/BC due to the reports of bad bus service. I have stayed at the YC a few times now and each trip was for at least 6 nights. I find the bus service to be really good. If getting a seat is important to you, you might want to consider the YC as that is the first resort to be picked up. We have not taken the bus to DTD so I cannot comment on that. Have a great trip!

We stayed at BC last year in the beginning of August which is pretty busy. We had no issues with the bus service all week. We had stayed at AoA the year before and the bus service is one of the major reasons we decided to switch to to BC last year. The convenience of walking or taking a boat to EP and DHS won out over the second bathroom:thumbsup2 We were very happy with our choice and will be staying at YC this summer:hyper:

I personally despise the bus service at BC, we've stayed there and BW many times. You share with BW/YC/Swan and Dolphin for AK and DTD. For MK, its with YC. The DTD seems especially horrible because those buses tend to take longer in general no matter what. Walking to Epcot is nice but it takes a little bit to get to HS. All of these add-ons take an additional few-20 minutes, relative to other places, but when you're trying to get to RD or when you're tired and you just want to get to your room, it seems like much longer. To me at least.

I wouldn't say avoid staying BC because of the bus, but we've eliminated staying there unless we have a car. Though we know how much those few-20 minutes mean to us, maybe it's not the same for you.

I guess I can't really speak for June though, we've only really been during a busy time for spring break 10 years ago.

We've stayed at BC many times over the years & have also found the bus transportation to be pretty good. But for what ever reason BoardWalk seems to be our Down Fall, go figure. :confused3

We have experienced good and bad bus service at BC. They used to share buses with BW, Swan and Dolphin...which was horrible! Much better now that they have their own bus service.

Just like any mass transit, we've had some hiccups, but overall have been extremely pleased with our BC experience. And after a stay at AKL with buses (first time at AKL we had a car), I swore I would never again complain about BC buses lol. And there was a lady firmly speaking with her husband saying "THIS is why I wanted to stay at BC again..I will NEVER stay here again!". Anyways..back on topic.

The only bus we didn't find efficient was the DTD one. However, no DTD buses are in my opinion, so we always plan to just take the bus there and then either take a taxi home, or our accidental favorite, take the boat to POR, walk around the beautiful grounds to their buses, take bus to Epcot, walk through Epcot (hitting an attraction or two) all the way "home". Our kids keep talking how this was the best day ever! Of course you need Park Hoppers for this one.

We take the boat to DHS, walk to Epcot (the sole reason we stay there), and bus to MK or again, walk through Epcot (World Showcase is closed until 11, so there is literally NO one walking back there..it's so peaceful, great photo opportunities!) and then hop on the monorail. AK obviously needs a bus, but we didn't find it bad either. I am very glad they no longer share with Swan and Dolphin and BWI, as that made the ride home from some parks almost torturous.

Just like any mass transit, we've had some hiccups, but overall have been extremely pleased with our BC experience. And after a stay at AKL with buses (first time at AKL we had a car), I swore I would never again complain about BC buses lol. And there was a lady firmly speaking with her husband saying "THIS is why I wanted to stay at BC again..I will NEVER stay here again!". Anyways..back on topic.

The only bus we didn't find efficient was the DTD one. However, no DTD buses are in my opinion, so we always plan to just take the bus there and then either take a taxi home, or our accidental favorite, take the boat to POR, walk around the beautiful grounds to their buses, take bus to Epcot, walk through Epcot (hitting an attraction or two) all the way "home". Our kids keep talking how this was the best day ever! Of course you need Park Hoppers for this one.

We take the boat to DHS, walk to Epcot (the sole reason we stay there), and bus to MK or again, walk through Epcot (World Showcase is closed until 11, so there is literally NO one walking back there..it's so peaceful, great photo opportunities!) and then hop on the monorail. AK obviously needs a bus, but we didn't find it bad either. I am very glad they no longer share with Swan and Dolphin and BWI, as that made the ride home from some parks almost torturous.

Saying the bus from BC to DTD is not efficient is being charitable in the extreme. We were at EPCOT on Sunday 3/8 and walked to BC to catch the bus to DTD, then back for a dinner ressie at Beaches & Cream. We waited 30 minutes at the BC stop for the DTD bus (another waiting family said they had been there about 10 minutes before we walked up), and when it came it was so full the driver would not let anyone on. He radioed, and another bus (half full) came about 10 minutes later At least we got seats. If Disney wants us to use buses rather than drive to DTD, they should at least provide decent service.

Saying the bus from BC to DTD is not efficient is being charitable in the extreme. We were at EPCOT on Sunday 3/8 and walked to BC to catch the bus to DTD, then back for a dinner ressie at Beaches & Cream. We waited 30 minutes at the BC stop for the DTD bus (another waiting family said they had been there about 10 minutes before we walked up), and when it came it was so full the driver would not let anyone on. He radioed, and another bus (half full) came about 10 minutes later At least we got seats. If Disney wants us to use buses rather than drive to DTD, they should at least provide decent service.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I find that coming back to BC is actually the bad part, not getting there. We've waited around the 20 minute mark for a bus before to get there. Just as at AKL we waited almost 40 for a MK bus, again, that was a one time thing. I wouldn't base all my decision on one poor bus experience, for every one bad one, there are a dozen good stories that aren't being told. We've stayed at Beach Club for a total of 23 days so far..and have had very few issues with the buses.
I don't entirely think Disney cares if people use the transportation or not. Personally, I'm grateful they offer it. And free of charge at that. I would say 95% of our experiences with the Disney transportation are positive, and that seems like good odds. My husband and I are constantly joking on how we wish our large public transit system here at home was nearly as efficient and pleasant as Disney's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter