Bbq or carnation cafe?

CandMmommy

September
Family of 4. 2 girls 3 and 6. Pretty well behave :)
Would you do BTRBBQ or Carnation Cafe?

IMO, it's a toss-up. I think the food is good at both places; at the BBQ you do have live entertainment, so if that's worth it to you, go there.

Between the Big Thunder Barbecue and Carnation Cafe I would choose BTBBQ. Great atmosphere, great food (all you can eat). We usually go to CC for breakfast, they have a pretty good breakfast menu. If you like barbeque you will really enjoy BTBBQ.

Not sure if you're concerned with this, but the BBQ is heavy food and is prone to inducing food comas.

Thunder Mt. BBQ is family style with meat (ribs, sausage, chicken), bread, coleslaw salad, beans and corn on the cob. If your little kids will enjoy that food along with the outdoor entertainment then I would go there. It's a lot more fun. But if you want a kids meal (burger, sandwich or macaroni, usually) and a quiet place to sit, I would eat outdoors at Carnation Cafe, maybe around parade time (4 pm or 6:30 pm last time we were there), so you can watch it go by while you eat.

Depends what you're in the mood for. Both places have good food! Your children may have the opportunity to go on the little stage and participate if you go to BTRBBQ. IMO, you'll only be able to see the tops of the parade because there'll be people standing in front of your view, but if you're ok with this, you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

We didn't make it to this area last trip so pardon the question but...

will the refurb of BTMRR also close the BBQ or will it remain open?

We were there over Valentine's Day and the BBQ was closed during the week, open Friday thru Sunday.

So I emailed to make a reservation for Wed and they quickly replied saying it was only open Fri- Sunday...so I made a carnation cafe reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter