• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bbooking at Atlantis/Confort Suites really works?

DDluvstitch

Earning My Ears
We're taking a Land and Sea cruise this summer and I've read about folks booking rooms at Atlantis and the Comfort Suites
to have full use of Atlantis.
In checking the Comfort Suites web site, it says you can't check in until 3 p.m. - so how does it work? If I reserve a room for the day we are in port, will they let us check in first thing in the morning and use Atlantis for that whole day???

thanks!

Yes, you can check in immediately and get the wristbands to let you into the lagoon area of Atlantis.

It does work- we checked in got our bands-and enjoyed Atlantis. In the late afternoon we did go back to the room to change and rest before going back to the ship. It was a nice room but we were in there less than an hour. It us worth doing once but next time we will stay and enjoy the ship.

We did this in February '02. We checked in around 9:45 at the Comfort Suites, and told them that we were on a cruise and would only be there for the afternoon. We asked if it would be necessary for us to come back and officially check out and were told no. We got our vouchers, headed over to Atlantis, and spent the afternoon lounging around by the pool and going down the very cool pool slides! We caught a cab around 4:00 right from Atlantis, and never went back to Comfort Suites. We received our final statement from Comfort Suites a couple of weeks later in the mail, which was even a little less than what I had expected to pay. We had a great day and thought it was well worth it.

Ours was a total (tax and all) of $212. But that was almost two years ago, I don't know what the rate would be now.

Rate at Comfort Suites depends on the time of year you go. Have seen on other boards rates as low as $140 in off-peak times.

If you're looking for a less expensive alternative in Nassua we got day passes at the Hilton in Nassau and really enjoyed it. It was $30 for 4 of us.

I have read many threads mentioning getting a room at Atlantis/comfort suites and I'm curious- exactly what are you doig this for? It sounds like for use of the pool that has slides- is that it? I don't see how that's worth $140-$212+ to do so... can someone enlighten me to what all you can do once booking that room?

BBB, you also get use of their private beaches, and you have access to the DIG which is a cool underground aquarium, as well as use of the facilities, and all the pools and water slides. I did this, because my friend wanted to, and she paid for the room. Personally, I didn't think it worth the money, but that is just my thoughts.

It is better to do it this way than the DCL excursion way! It cost 60 per adult and 45 per child for the Atlantis beach excursion. And you can not use the pools or slides with the excursion. For alot less we got to use all facilities- we got a good rate at CS- it was either AAA or a government rate. But now that we have seen Atlantis and Nassau once thats enough. I agree it isnt worth doing more than once.

Thanks for the link and the explanation of why some people do this (cheaper than DCL prices). Makes sense now.... :)

Thanks so much for all of the feedback!
Last time we cruised to Nassau, we didn't get off the ship.
We enjoyed having it to ourselves while everyone else toured
Nassau. But this time we want to check out Atlantis. My daughter is a fan of the Mary-Kate and Ashley movies, and we
saw one that took place at Atlantis. From then on, the kids were sold on visiting there.....
I checked out the rates (AAA) for August and it will cost about
175.00 (plus tax) for us. That's pretty much what we end up
spending on an island excursion, so I'm going for it. I just wanted to make sure the Comfort Suites "plan" really worked for
Atlantis!

thanks again to all!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter