• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB- yea or nay?

dsbjki

Earning My Ears
My family is planning a trip to DL for September of 2017. By that time I will have two girls ages 5 and 10 (maybe 11 depending on if we go after her birthday that month). If money is no object do you think I should let them have the BBB experience? I would most likely do the Crown package ($60 I think??). Any idea how long that takes? We will only have one day to spend at MK so if this is something that will suck 2 or so hours of our day then I might skip it. My girls are "girly girl" all the way and I have no doubt they would love it.

Do you find that their "do", makeup etc...holds up all day should the day turn out to be hot? Don't wanna spend all that money if it flops after a couple of hours :/

Any pros/cons welcome :)

If you only have one day, then I would be inclined to skip it. They can always wear a princess dress and have their faces painted in DtD (there is a face painting kiosk and the CMs do fabulous work). IMO, the dresses are a better value because they can be worn many, many times at home (great memories!). When in Sept. are you visiting? After Labor Day, hours will be shorter, so time spent at BBB can really make a difference in a one day trip. The "do" holds up pretty well all day, depending on how active your girls are and how careful they are with their faces and hair. Obviously, some kids end up pretty mussed by the end of a long day. :)
(By the way, MK is in Orlando. DL is the original Magic Kingdom, but it is usually referred to on the DIS as DL. This will help you if you ever do a search on these boards.)

We did the Castle package at BBB because we wanted to buy DD a dress anyway so we figured we'd just go for it. I think the makeover part took about 30-45 min, then the photo shoot, then we got to skip the line to meet the princesses. That part was a nice time saver. The makeup part was gone by the end of the day but the hair held up really well. They have some pretty strong goop. It was a fun experience, and the CMs did a great job of making DD feel special. She was 7 at the time.

I wonder if the hours of Anna and Elsa's boutique in downtown Disney are different from the park? If you can get in before DL it won't take away from your park time.

We did the castle package for miss 7 last year. She loved the experience, and the bun stayed in place for 3 days. I kid you not. The fairy godmother in training must have emptied near a full can of hairspray on her. Our younger one was too little to get done (2.5 at the time) but they got her to sit in on some of the photos in the photo shoot with the carriage, and the whole family got to skip the line for the princesses. That alone was worth it IMO - huge time-saver walking past that massive line :)

Of course each kid is different, and only you will know if your kid will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter