BBB rules??

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
I just made a last minute ressie for BBB for my friends daughter...while I was on the phone the CM ran down a list of rules that had to be followed or they would not do the makeover. Among them, the CM said that she needs to bring her own comb/brush. Her hair needs to be freshly washed, with no products in it. Her face must be freshly washed with no sunscreen or other products on it. She can have no nail polish on her fingers.

I am not a BBB expert, so I just wanted to know if this was really true or another misinformed CM...Seems a little extreme that she needs to bring her own comb and that they couldn't take off existing nail polish....:rolleyes:

That sounds about right. Yes, it does sound extreme...I agree.:confused3 Our friends took their daughter last year and were given the same instructions. Will find out in May when we take our daughter.

Yes, they need to bring their own combs.

And, if you're having nailpolish applied, you need to have old nailpolish removed. I used to do nails and it does add time to the service, plus they may not even have any nail polish remover available.

This is true. We did this last year and are doing this again this year. We took her brush and comb which they used the brush but they did give us a pink comb that we took home in her bag of goodies. The nail polish is very light in color. That is why I think they ask for clean nails. The make-up they used on my DD was very natural looking hence the clean face.
Hope this helps:goodvibes

We did this with out daughter last year and we brought a comb, but they never asked for it. I know that I wouldn't have had my daughter out in the sun without sunblock on, so that is a given. I did make sure that her nails were clean though. They book right up, so if they had to take the extra time to take polish off everyone they would get even more backed up. I didn't think that the requests were really a big deal.

We didn't have the brush or comb, but they had them there. I'm sure I probably paid for them (and got to keep them).

And yes, they aren't going to wash hair & faces, or take nail polish off. Not only does that take time, but would require them to use far more products on your child (that may or may not upset your child, interact with their skin, etc). I don't think they even had running water at any of the stations.

I can't imagine anyone scrubbing children's faces - you think kids don't like to get their hair combed! And I can imagine the liability issues in using something like nail-polish remover (better to let Mom handle that).

If all else fails, go in the restroom and wipe off your child's face if it's dirty, before you go in.

I brought a brush and comb and ended up not needing it.
We made sure her hair was washed, which is a good idea as they put a lot of stuff in their hair.

Those were the rules when we went. It's easier for them to start with a "clean palate" so to speak. My DD's makeup was very natural looking--just tell the fairy godmother what you want. Have fun.

I just made a last minute ressie for BBB for my friends daughter...while I was on the phone the CM ran down a list of rules that had to be followed or they would not do the makeover. Among them, the CM said that she needs to bring her own comb/brush. Her hair needs to be freshly washed, with no products in it. Her face must be freshly washed with no sunscreen or other products on it. She can have no nail polish on her fingers.

I am not a BBB expert, so I just wanted to know if this was really true or another misinformed CM...Seems a little extreme that she needs to bring her own comb and that they couldn't take off existing nail polish....:rolleyes:

Yep, those were the rules when we did BBB a couple of years ago. The kids need to be clean and ready for their makeover. I'm not sure why you find that extreme. The BBB is not a full service beauty salon where they have sinks and such.

Same here! Takes too much time to take off nail polish there! It was well worth it for us! We loved the experience!

I don't believe the FGiTs are licensed (and I doubt the BBBs are licensed, either), so there are certain things they cannot do. That may include using chemicals (acetone in polish remover), cleansers, etc. As far as the combs, this cuts down on any lice issues (among other icky things...we had an entire month dedicated to that in barber college, far grosser than any science class I took in college).

Actually, yes, they do have nail polish remover. While, it does help save time to have the nails clean beforehand, it's no big deal if you accidentally forget. Fairy Godmothers in training remove nail polish all the time.

Combs and brushes can be helpful if the child has a ton of hair, and every FGiT has different preferences, but they do have brand new, clean combs that go home with every princess. Most FGiTs prefer to use those combs because it is what they are used to. So, again, yes it can help to bring your own, but it's not the end of the world if you forget.

Those were the rules last December. I completely understood them and didn't think they were the least bit extreme. :) It was such a wonderful experience!!!

I worked at the BBB during my college program this spring, and while the rules are there for a reason, it's possible for the FGIT to work around it if some things are forgotten. The sunblock/clean face is kind of important because with the makeup used, it will clump and be a colored smudge on the princess' face if there is sunblock on it. The brush/comb is mostly for the girls' comfort. If she has difficult hair, or a tender head, it would probably be easier on her and the FGIT to use a brush she is more used to and more comfortable with. It's mostly for the initial detangling. Mostly all the rules are to ease the process and make the princess more comfortable with it.

We are doing the coach package (49.95) i Have noticed that the hairstyles for most part come with a headpiece is that part of the coach package or do I have to bu that separate. my daughter wants me to join in this can adults do BBB to?

We are doing the coach package (49.95) i Have noticed that the hairstyles for most part come with a headpiece is that part of the coach package or do I have to bu that separate. my daughter wants me to join in this can adults do BBB to?

Each hairstyle comes with different accessories and those are independent from which package you pick. The Fairy Tale comes with a little tiara and a Mickey clip, the Disney Diva comes with sparkly bobby pins and a long curly hair piece, and the Pop princess comes with a spiky colored hair piece, 4 Mickey clips, and a bracelet.

And yes- adults are welcome and encouraged! One is never too old to be a princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter