• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB questions

heather13

DIS Veteran
I've read that photopass is available there. Is it included with regular photopass, or would I need to have Photopass Plus?

How well do the hairstyles stay in place? We'd probably do BBB on day 2 and then go to Akershus on day 3. Obviously the makeup will be gone the next day, but the nail polish will still be in place. Will the hair survive too, or will I need/want to comb out all the glitter ASAP?

Is it okay to bring our own princess dress? It seems the Castle Package dresses are the extremely fancy styles. We usually go for a step or two above dirt cheap ;) so I'd rather do one of the other packages but bring my own princesses dresses to surprise my kids.

How long does the whole thing usually take for late PM appointments (post lunch & nap)?

Any other tips for a 4 & 6 year old?

My daughter's hair stayed together for two days no problem. We did the same thing Akerhus the following day.

I don't know if the photo pass people took a lot of pictures of my daughter because the BBB package we bought or if they were doing it for everyone. We did not have any upgrade photo pass package though. They took tons of great photos.

It took about an hour to get fully made up and dressed.

Ditto, all the pics are included in the regular photopass. Hint, write your photopass down somewhere(I also leave on our home answering machine)... many are lost! Our stayed in several days... they use a TON of gel. The only problem is my kids wanted it to stay in but they also wanted to swim... so we usually do it late in the trip. My avatar pic is the next day at MK after riding thunder mountain 3 times and it looks great.

The pics were included with the regular photopass but that was before they introduced PhotoPass plus.

We also had a photo sitting in a store across the way from BBB.
I dont think many people knew to do this-- as there was no line and the photos turned out beautiful

Thanks so much! I'm glad I won't have to worry about the hair especially :thumbsup2

Now does anyone know if I can bring dresses for them, or rather if there's a place where they'd be allowed to change into them at BBB?

The hair definitely stays put. Our girls took a nap and the hair was still perfect. I took it down that night b/c some of the hairpins were bugging DD5's head.

As for the costumes...I know plenty of people who have brought their own. We didn't do the Castle pkg b/c I didn't think the girls needed every accessory under the sun; however, we did buy the park authentic costumes over at Castle Couture. They are not cheap, BUT - the are made really well and can handle regular wear and washing. Still- totally not something you need to do and there are lots of cute options for a lot less $.

As for changing...I know some people have had luck using the dressing rooms at BBB, but the day we went in 2010 was a madhouse. They were so packed they were only letting people doing the Castle pkg use the dressing rooms. I saw one poor little girl dressing outside in the area where you walk through the center of the castle. :sad2: What's worse- it was about 38 degrees outside!

We opted to change in the family bathroom over by Pinocchio's Village Haus. That worked really well for us. We have 8ams for our next visit so we're just showing up dressed and ready to go.

I'm also not big on Photopass since I take 1500-2000 photos per trip, BUT the Photopass photog we had on our last visit was phenomenal. He tried to entertain DD3 who was 2 at the time and too young + he got the big reveal shot that DH just wasn't able to capture.

We brought a dress for DD and are surprising her with a dress this trip (YAY for a Disney Store 30% sale!!!). They have little dressing rooms for the girls to change and they can do a big 'reveal' of the costume when they open the curtain for the girls.

DD's hair stayed in for 2 full days, even through some crazy wind and wild rides. The second day we had to wet it to smooth down some flyaways, but it looked great -- avatar is DD on second day after she stole my hairpiece (I had done BBB before the age limit).

We are doing her appointment the night we get to Orlando at DtD so we can do CRT first thing in the AM and that way if she wants to swim, I feel like we'll have knocked out the breakfast and some princess visits.

Enjoy!!!

The hair definitely will stay! I thought my daughter's hair looked BETTER the second day. (She opted for the punk princess and I thought it looked so adorable after we took out the punk hair piece!) They give you the nail polish, makeup and sticker things they put on their face that they use so you can redo makeup and such the next day. We ended up doing it for the next four or five days of our trip and still had makeup left!

We had GREAT photopass pictures from the BBB. We had the first appointment when they opened (but in downtown Disney) so I don't know if we ended up with more because they weren't crowded yet. Take a picture of your photopass and then you have the number in case you lose or misplace it.

My daughter had her own princess dress and wore it to the boutique so we didn't have to worry about changing. The dresses there ARE gorgeous, though!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter