• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB princess bun hairstyle

They wouldn't do that for us. Bangs up was the only option because they are not allowed to alter the style.

Surely there must be a little girl with bangs that has been styled with bangs down at BBB? This may be a deal breaker for us. I completely hate my DD's hair with her bangs off her face, sorry to say, but she has an oddly shaped forehead that the bangs hide very well.

Surely there must be a little girl with bangs that has been styled with bangs down at BBB? This may be a deal breaker for us. I completely hate my DD's hair with her bangs off her face, sorry to say, but she has an oddly shaped forehead that the bangs hide very well.

I feel the same way about DD's hair and voiced that.they still said bangs had to go up because they cannot change the style. Maybe someone else had better luck, but I couldn't talk them into it.

I feel the same way about DD's hair and voiced that.they still said bangs had to go up because they cannot change the style. Maybe someone else had better luck, but I couldn't talk them into it.

They are not certified as stylists, so the cannot alter the hairstyle at all. In order to customize the style at all, they would have to be certified, and go thru all the training.

We don't do anything and it still stays put for AT LEAST two days, sometimes three. It's at the very top of their head, so unless they sleep in a handstand ;) it's not really touching the pillow.

It has so much gel and spray that it will easily hold.

My DD4 is very tender headed and she has never complained about the bun hurting at all.

HAVE FUN!!! 1900 Park Faire and Akershus are both AWESOME!

My DD did the new courtyard package in January which is twists into a ponytail. It stayed in for four days even with pool time. On the fourth day we took out the twists and it washed out with no trouble. I loved it because it kept it out of her face for our whole trip and I didn't need to fuss with her very curly hair at all. Yay!! So worth it!
I just washed her hair the day we did her appointment so it was only two days of no shampoo which is fine for her, she is 4;).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would not make the appointment if you don't want her bangs pulled back. As others have said. They will not adjust the look of the style AT ALL. They can make it not as tight, but not so loose that it looks different from the intended style.

I'm not asking for the style to be any different than what they are showing. They are not doing anything different by leaving bangs down. I just don't get it. Maybe the girl in the brochure picture doesn't have bangs in her normal hairstyle. If you Google BBB and look at images I see pictures of girls with their bangs down.

Huh. My dd has straight-across bangs, and both times we've done BBB they asked me whether I wanted her bangs down or pulled/gelled back into the rest of her hair (2 visits, 2 different stylists). Both times I opted for bangs down--she's never not had bangs, and I don't even think she would look like herself without them. It wouldn't have been the end of the world but I'm glad we were given the choice; with the bangs down she still looked like "herself", just a princessified version of herself. :)

Huh. My dd has straight-across bangs, and both times we've done BBB they asked me whether I wanted her bangs down or pulled/gelled back into the rest of her hair (2 visits, 2 different stylists). Both times I opted for bangs down--she's never not had bangs, and I don't even think she would look like herself without them. It wouldn't have been the end of the world but I'm glad we were given the choice; with the bangs down she still looked like "herself", just a princessified version of herself. :)

EXACTLY! This is all I want! My DD's bangs are straight across her forehead too. She's never not had bangs, and she just looks "weird" without them.

It looks like it could go either way depending on the CM. Some will do it some won't. Hopefully you will get one that will let you do it. Good luck! :goodvibes

That's kind of what I meant when I said some kittle girls don't look good in that hair style. My DD is 16 and STILL does not look good without any bangs (neither do I!) So I guess I won't be going to BBB either! ;)

I've NEVER seen any girl who went to BBB without that hideous style!

I'm not asking for the style to be any different than what they are showing. They are not doing anything different by leaving bangs down. I just don't get it. Maybe the girl in the brochure picture doesn't have bangs in her normal hairstyle. If you Google BBB and look at images I see pictures of girls with their bangs down.

My DD is the same way, bangs straight across the forehead, and I was told NO both times we went absolutely no changes bangs MUST go up. Apparently someone at least has been told different, but I think that is rare. I have personally never seen a child leave there with bangs down or one walking around the park like that after leaving in the 5 years we have been visiting. I alwyas look because to see if the rule has changed since we were told no as DD would do it again if they would leave the bangs down. I think it may depend on who you get, so if it an absolute deal breaker I wouldn't count on being accomodated.You just won't know until you sit down in the chair, no matter what anyone on the phone might tell you. The phone CM's are not employed by the locations they answer for and are notorious for giving bad info. As a PP said the FGITs are NOT liscensed in any way and are classified as "hair braiders" only which is why they cannot change the pre-aproved style. I really don't care for DD's hair with it pulled straight back like that, but she really wanted to do BBB so I dealt with it.

That's kind of what I meant when I said some kittle girls don't look good in that hair style. My DD is 16 and STILL does not look good without any bangs (neither do I!) So I guess I won't be going to BBB either! ;)

I've NEVER seen any girl who went to BBB without that hideous style!

I have never seen one with bangs down either.

I KNOW it is about the experience... but if you don't like how they do what they do... the bun is EXTREMELY easy to do yourself. Then you can modify it as you want. I'm sure if you google it people have the instructions out there.

I'd say that if you want the hair different, do the style yourself before going, and then just have them add the glitter and do the makeup. Also, doing it yourself you can put as much or as little gel in it as you like.

BTW, I was wondering how so much glitter seemed to be getting into the pools at WDW; now I guess I know the answer.

My DD uses a shower cap while bathing or showering in her bun. She even swam in a shower cap once or twice :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter