BBB Makeovers

disnmooner2013

DIS Veteran
How long do the makeovers at BBB normally last? What are tricks to help make them last a few days? What time are the 1st appointments in the mornings at BBB at DS and MK? How close is BBB at DS to the buses? Which Princesses do they do hair styles and do they also do nail polish and make-up? Can the hairstyles last if you go swimming or get them wet in the afternoon?

Last edited:
The newest versions last only 1 day.
There are no tricks to help them last longer really.
You can try bringing the strongest hairspray you know of with you but that new bun form just doesn't hold up well

I do not know how long it takes, but I know for the Character Couture make overs, they state 1 hour 1/2 just in case of thickness of hair (which shouldn't be much of an issue with children), as well as anything else they can think of could delay things. So, perhaps an hour?

As for tricks, I would say what @AngiTN said. As I wouldn't know many tricks other than telling the child to not move at all. :laughing:

When are you going? If not a hot and sweaty time we had luck with them lasting 2 days in March. One DD had the traditional bun and the other had a style that was a ponytail with lots of braids and brightly colored extensions braided in that they no longer do. At the time the bun was a solid layer of hairspray on top of gel and was rock hard. We didn't take it out at night and planned a backup quick morning bath but it stayed very well. DD doesn't move a huge amount in her sleep and has thinner, finer hair. I just hairsprayed down the wisps that fell out. But this was 4 years ago so I don't know about whatever new form they use.

They told us in December that they switched to a hairspray that is easier to wash out based on feedback... but apparently that hairspray doesn't hold the hairstyle as long. Tbh there's no way my daughter could have slept with the bun in her hair anyway.

Also the glitter was out of control, if you aren't planning a shower that night then I would suggest making sure you can get the sheets changed in the morning.

My daughter had hers done last May. She got the style that was half in a bun and half down. I had heard all the stories of the hair no longer staying so I brought a travel size bottle of hairspray into the park with me and immediately after she was done with her appointment I sprayed her hair. Later that day I checked her bun and pushed in any pins that appeared to be coming loose. Each morning I would respray her hair and push in the pins. I would also check her hair a couple of times a day for a pin check. I finally made her wash it all out on day 4 (she wasn't happy about that). Honestly I think the hairstyle would have stayed longer if I would have let her. I don't know about the MK but the first appt at DS is at 8:30am.

That is a shame! Our daughter had it done three times between 2008 and 2013. Twice at WDW and once at Disneyland. All three times her hair stayed almost perfect for three days (didn't get it wet when showering and did not put head underwater when in the pool ). From what I am reading here there is one difference between then and now, literally a half to three quarters of a tube of hair gel (GLUE:yay:). Her bun was rock hard when she was finished.

When are you going? If not a hot and sweaty time we had luck with them lasting 2 days in March. One DD had the traditional bun and the other had a style that was a ponytail with lots of braids and brightly colored extensions braided in that they no longer do. At the time the bun was a solid layer of hairspray on top of gel and was rock hard. We didn't take it out at night and planned a backup quick morning bath but it stayed very well. DD doesn't move a huge amount in her sleep and has thinner, finer hair. I just hairsprayed down the wisps that fell out. But this was 4 years ago so I don't know about whatever new form they use.

Going back in August 2020

Which Princesses do they do hair styles and do they also do nail polish and make-up?

We’ve not been yet, but will be going in April. From what I’ve researched, yes they do nail polish and make up and your daughter will get to take the pallette and bottle of polish that they used on her home with her. I think that there are three different types of hair styles to choose from.

Can the hairstyles last if you go swimming or get them wet in the afternoon?

From what I’ve gathered the hairstyles don’t hold up as well as they used to. Apparently in the past a hairstyle would last days but lately because they’ve changed the product they use, it most likely will last a day. I would advise my daughter not to fully submerge her head while swimming if she wanted to keep her hairstyle. If it got wet from splashing, it would probably be a quick fix you could make with hairspray and hair pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter