BBB in MK vs DTD

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Just wondering if there's any difference between going to the BBB at MK vs DTD. My first thought would be that MK would be so preferable (just due to the location) that the only people who go to DTD are the ones who couldn't get a reservation at the MK. Is that pretty much the case? We'll be at WDW in October and planning to go to BBB, but haven't made reservations yet. So maybe we'll end up at DTD? It would seem to me that there would be something magical about walking out of the castle dressed like a princess.

We were there last October & on the day we were doing MNSSHP, I wanted to take my daughter to BBB while my husband took our son to Pirates League. This was also our first trip ever, so I didn't realize how quickly those two places booked up....ESPECIALLY on party days! So, needless to say, BBB in MK was booked solid....even though I was calling 150 days in advance! I wound up scoring an appt at BBB in DTD after some dedicated daily calling. Honestly, it was just as special for my daughter even tho it wasn't in the castle. The staff was wonderful & I really enjoyed that special time I had with it being just the two of us. =0)

I've booked DTD both times without even checking the castle. We go in the evening the day before an early princess breakfast. The first time we did it we went on the evening of our arrival day and I wasn't going to waste a park day just to go to BBB in the castle. The timing just works out better for us. We enjoyed the experience and the fact that we didn't use part of our park day to go.

We have done BBB the last four trips for our DD...we have been SO LUCKY to have scored the first appts of the day during those trips..have never done at DTD...the castle is quite fun though!!! Just the whole "experience" is a treat to be made over in Cinderellas castle....you then can get the photo shoot afterwards taken right outside the castle at Castle at Castle Couture...

I must say though...getting an appt without calling 180 days ahead is VERY hard to do, especially when you will be visiting during MNSSHP....that is one of the busiest times at the BBB since girls will be getting made over esp for the party.

Good luck and lots of pixie dust to you!!!

We've only taken DD to the DTD one for two main reasons:
1. We didn't want to waste the time on one of our park days with this, in the end it was a three-hour time-block, from checking in and waiting our turn (the reservation is like an ADR< we still had to wait after checking in) then the actual make-over, and we also opted to get photos done with the photographer, so waited our turn for some of the best pics ever.

2. After getting made-over, we didn't want her to ruin her outfit or look riding rides (Splash Mountain would have ruined it). Instead we went on a resort tour, getting pictures (and have lots of people ask to take her picture) and having a nice dinner.

We have done BBB the last four trips for our DD...we have been SO LUCKY to have scored the first appts of the day during those trips..have never done at DTD...the castle is quite fun though!!! Just the whole "experience" is a treat to be made over in Cinderellas castle....you then can get the photo shoot afterwards taken right outside the castle at Castle at Castle Couture...

I must say though...getting an appt without calling 180 days ahead is VERY hard to do, especially when you will be visiting during MNSSHP....that is one of the busiest times at the BBB since girls will be getting made over esp for the party.

Good luck and lots of pixie dust to you!!!

Very true. Hard to get in.

I think we're going to stick with our DTD reservation because DD has said what she REALLY wants is to get all princessed up and then go eat at TRex! :lmao:

quakechicago said:
Very true. Hard to get in.

I think we're going to stick with our DTD reservation because DD has said what she REALLY wants is to get all princessed up and then go eat at TRex! :lmao:

T-Rex is awesome!!!! I like her style!!! ;0)

Well, sure enough, we're going to the one at DTD! I called first thing this morning, and we couldn't get the one at the MK for the whole week we're there. Even the one at DTD only had about 3-4 openings for the entire week. I suppose I should have made reservations earlier than 70 days out, but everything I read said that same day walk-ups were often available, but advance reservations were "recommended", so I figured we had a better chance than the reality. So we got reservations for our very first day-plane lands at 1:30, reservations at 6:00. Hope the plane's not delayed! Guess this was Grandma's "rookie" mistake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter