BBB help

disney*mom*82

DIS Veteran
DH just mentioned to me last week that we should take our DD4 to BBB this trip. Of course I jumped on it and have been calling everyday to check for openings, no luck. Well, I am checking for the morning that we are scheduled to eat at Cinn. Castle, I thought it would be the most ideal day. There is an opening the night before, if I take that, will her stuff still look nice the next day? I REALLY want to make this a whole special ordeal for her and much rather it be on the day we go to MK. I want to get her the hair, makeup and nails package. I ordered her a special made Belle dress, it is so cute and not so costume like, but adorable!

My plan is to have the dress wrapped and waiting for her the morning of MK with a note, stating to be at the castle at XX date and time and to bring the box with her. Once there she could get the BB stuff done and open the box and see her dress, then wear it for the day. It could be a surprise from Belle!

What are my chances of a cancellation for BBB? Would it be ok for the night before? Any advice would be great!

I would check at Downtown Disney and see if they have an opening for the same day - I know it's not ideal, yet it might be better than sleeping in her hairdo, makeup and nails. I don't have any real experience with the proabability of cancellations at BBB as we made our appointments so far out that they were able to do all 6 of us within a few minutes of each other.

Good luck :wizard:

We did BBB with DD on our DL trip over a year ago and her hair held up well overnight - we spritzed with water and hairspray the following morning just to smooth frizzies and it looked just as good. The 'pixie dust' had fallen off but it was a little softer than after it was initially done. I have some same day/following day pics if you want me to PM them to you.

We had a rezzie for Club 33 the day after her appointment, so I was tickled it held up so well and on our upcoming trip, I booked the 7p BBB appt at DtD for our 805 CRT rezzie the next morning. It worked better with our schedule and I feel comfortable with our previous experience. If she chooses the package with the hairpiece, I'll just take it out and put it back in when she wakes up.

As an aside, my friend took her DD at Christmas and her hair held up for three days and one trip in the pool - she finally took it down because she felt like she had to wash it.

Thanks for your input on the night before. I am debating that since I know that DTD has an evening opening the night before. I have checked DTD for the same day, but they have a 10am opening and our breakfast at the castle is at 10:15am.

Ill keep trying. I may just place some makeup, nailpolish and hair stuff in the box with the dress and do her up myself. IDK. I really rather get a spot at MK before we eat.

Whether the night before will work kind of depends on your daughter and what hairstyle she picks. DD has done BBB twice, at age 4 and age 5. At age 4, she did the bun hairstyle and within 2 hours was absolutely begging us to get her hair down. It was pulled tight and driving her crazy. I was surprised at how easily I was able to get it out in the middle of the park though and how easy it was to brush through even with all the goop in it. This year, she did the diva, and she left it in all day no issues. She probably could have slept in it and it been okay the next day, but she always really wants her hair washed after a full day at WDW.

We did the DTD location and it was terrible to get to. I would not go back to that one. It took up so much time we could have been in the park. I called every day to see if an MK res. opened up and it didn't. I'd take the night before. The hairstyles lasted for days on both of my daughters.

Not guaranteeing that this would work for you, but I had tried for what seemed like forever to get an appointment for the morning on the day that we were eating lunch at the castle. No luck, whatsoever! That morning, I got DD up early and we were at MK right after rope drop. I didn't tell her what I was trying to do, just that Mommy was trying to do something special for her but if it didn't work out, she couldn't be disappointed. She had on her birthday button (we were there for her bday/Christmas combined); I don't know whether or not that helped.

We walked up to the podium and I asked if they had any last minute cancellations or no shows, that I had been trying to get an appointment ever since we had found out we were coming to Disney for the holidays. My dd was standing there in awe of the place and all the little girls getting ready. The fairy godmother in training at the podium asked us to wait just a moment and went to speak with whoever was in charge, I assume. She came back and told us that as long as we could do it right then, that they could take her. That child's smile could've lit the world. I am very grateful that they were so very nice and able to make it work for my dd. The girl at the podium told me that had it been later in the day, it would've been impossible, but since it was so early, it happened to work out.

Good luck!

Whether the night before will work kind of depends on your daughter and what hairstyle she picks. DD has done BBB twice, at age 4 and age 5. At age 4, she did the bun hairstyle and within 2 hours was absolutely begging us to get her hair down. It was pulled tight and driving her crazy. I was surprised at how easily I was able to get it out in the middle of the park though and how easy it was to brush through even with all the goop in it. This year, she did the diva, and she left it in all day no issues. She probably could have slept in it and it been okay the next day, but she always really wants her hair washed after a full day at WDW.

That's the issue. Many girls have left theirs in for several days. My daughter loves having it done, but no WAY was she sleeping in it. And there's no way to know how your daughter will feel about it until you've done it.

Thanks for your input on the night before. I am debating that since I know that DTD has an evening opening the night before. I have checked DTD for the same day, but they have a 10am opening and our breakfast at the castle is at 10:15am.

Ill keep trying. I may just place some makeup, nailpolish and hair stuff in the box with the dress and do her up myself. IDK. I really rather get a spot at MK before we eat.

It takes a good 2 hours of time, so unless you get the first appointment, you won't be able to do it right before your meal. I've taken my daughter to BBB and also have done her up myself on another trip. She looked equally adorable both times. If you can't make it work with the BBB, I think the special gift from Belle will be very memorable for her!!

If she doesn't know BBB exists, or if you haven't told her you're trying to get her an appointment, I'd say do it yourself. Bring nail polish, hairspray (DD18 dances and uses FreezeIt, in the gold can, from Walmart; it holds like glue but brushes out easily if you crunch the hair with your fingers), glitter, a small tiara, etc. Get her up early and let her "find" the package from Belle, with an invitation to dress like the Princess she is for her royal breakfast.

DH just mentioned to me last week that we should take our DD4 to BBB this trip. Of course I jumped on it and have been calling everyday to check for openings, no luck. Well, I am checking for the morning that we are scheduled to eat at Cinn. Castle, I thought it would be the most ideal day. There is an opening the night before, if I take that, will her stuff still look nice the next day? I REALLY want to make this a whole special ordeal for her and much rather it be on the day we go to MK. I want to get her the hair, makeup and nails package. I ordered her a special made Belle dress, it is so cute and not so costume like, but adorable!

My plan is to have the dress wrapped and waiting for her the morning of MK with a note, stating to be at the castle at XX date and time and to bring the box with her. Once there she could get the BB stuff done and open the box and see her dress, then wear it for the day. It could be a surprise from Belle!

What are my chances of a cancellation for BBB? Would it be ok for the night before? Any advice would be great!

I don't have any input on BBB, but i was wondering where you got your daughter's dress? Currently my girls are going to wear some custom minnie princess t's with a tutu to CRT, but I'm afraid they'll want a princess costume. The ones we have are so itchy and the get so uncomfortable in them, and really we need new ones anyway. I'd love to find something for them like what you describe. Thanks!

We search on ebay or etsy--just type in the word "custom" and the name of the princess you want plus the word costume.

My daughter's hair held up well both the first and the second day, and by the third day she took out the bun and had a beautiful pony tail for our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

We just booked BBB for our girls last week (staying March 3-10), and MK was totally booked. We were also hoping to do it before our meal at Cinderella Castle, but no luck. Only DTD was available on a different day.

We were at WDW the first week of October, 2011. My 4 year old daughter did the BBB at the castle on a Monday afternoon (right before our dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare). She chose the princess bun style and it stayed in until I took it out on Wednesday night after our dinner at Akershus in Epcot. We were careful not to get her hair wet while she was taking a bath. I simply smoothed out frizzies in the morning with water and sprayed with a bit of hairspray and it looked great. On Wednesday, I also added a bit of glitter after I hairsprayed so it would be sparkly for her dinner with the princesses at Akershus and re-did her make up with the make up they gave us at BBB and put a new rhinestone sticker on her cheek from the sheet of them they give you. She was Belle on one night and Cinderella on the other night and she looked adorable both nights.

We didn't buy our dresses in the parks either. They were both purchased ahead of time from the Disney Store (on sale) and Tinkerbell left the dresses and light up wands for her while she was sleeping. It was fun!

This thread is just one of the things I love about the boards. A member needs help and so many others take time from their own lives to offer support, suggestions, and or advice.

I usually can get 2 days out of the hair. Can you schedule a princess dinner or lunch the day before at Akershus or 1900 Park Fare. That way she can get two princess meals out of her being dressed up? They give you the make up too so you re-apply it the next day. We are doing BBB and there were several openings at the castle a few weeks ago for March 3. We are eating at 1900 Park Fare that night and I plan to keep her hair done up for Akershus the next day.

Can't help with BBB, but for cute princess dresses, I have been ordering from

http://www.littledressupshop.com/

Their dresses are super cute and not at all itchy!

For an updo, you can also try to get into the barbershop. They will give her a super cute "do" complete with colored gel and pixie dust...for a mili-fraction of the price. Good luck!

We walked right in to the DTD BBB location and they started on DD right away, but it was the first week of March without a reservation.

Now that they charge a $10 no show fee you may have some luck with people canceling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter