Bbb booked and paid for by nanny

marypoppins81

Mouseketeer
I had no idea she was doing it but she has booked both my girls in for the castle package! I wasn't going to book bbb due to the price but looks like I won't have a choice!
Is it really worth 185 plus tax EACH???!

Counting down to 14th May!

185 each?!?!? Eek!!!!! I can do the hairstyle myself using a $2 bun roll and a $3 can of glitter hairspray. And a bottle of nail polish is $1 at the cheap stores.

KaLyn said:
That's my plan too! Great minds think alike. :) My girls will look like they had the BBB treatment for approx $10 per girl.

The 185 is usd but it's still insane. Would you say thanks for the offer but it's a waste of her money? She wanted them to have the experience in cinderella castle as it's a one off trip for us.

The 185 is usd but it's still insane. Would you say thanks for the offer but it's a waste of her money? She wanted them to have the experience in cinderella castle as it's a one off trip for us.

It is totally personal choice IMO, it's an incredibly generous thing to do and although expensive/overpriced it is like anything else and your paying for the magic/experience. If your girls have never done it and may never do it again it's a once in a lifetime experience if they are princess fans princess:

Do you think she would be offended if you refused the gift? My mum's paying for my dd to have the bbb treatment on our trip and like you I churned over the price tag but ultimately my mum wanted to give my dd the magical memory :goodvibes

tinkertaylor05 said:
It is totally personal choice IMO, it's an incredibly generous thing to do and although expensive/overpriced it is like anything else and your paying for the magic/experience. If your girls have never done it and may never do it again it's a once in a lifetime experience if they are princess fans princess:

Do you think she would be offended if you refused the gift? My mum's paying for my dd to have the bbb treatment on our trip and like you I churned over the price tag but ultimately my mum wanted to give my dd the magical memory :goodvibes

That is what my mum said too. We hope to go back in around 5 years but by then they'll be 12 and 9 so it won't be the same as a 6 and 4 year old going into bbb. I checked the prices at bbb in harrods amd that seems much more extortionate!
I don't want to offend her so will accept I think. It is a lovely gift for them.

Since it was a gift I'd accept it, especially if it's a once in a lifetime thing. It's her money to do what she wants. But if it was my own money I would not do it since like I mentioned above I could do it for much cheaper.

Totally agree it is the experience.

I could do the style to for my DD but when she is older and asks to go i will give her the option to go or have the money.

I could do it even cheaper as they don't use a sick bun they use multiple bands I have watched so many you tube videos to practice in case DD ever does ask.

Any way the $185 is a lot cheaper then the £1000 at harrods ;)

tinks_1989 said:
Totally agree it is the experience.

I could do the style to for my DD but when she is older and asks to go i will give her the option to go or have the money.

I could do it even cheaper as they don't use a sick bun they use multiple bands I have watched so many you tube videos to practice in case DD ever does ask.

Any way the $185 is a lot cheaper then the £1000 at harrods ;)

I saw the harrods prices! !

I booked my 2 younger girls into BBB when they were 8 and 5. We went for the cheaper package with the hair, nails and makeup - we took our own dresses. I think it cost around £35 each. My youngest had a meltdown and refused to have it done as she was scared of the masks that the girls hold over their faces! My middle daughter absolutely loved it and said she would definitely have it done again.

I think Nanny has given them a lovely gift and she will love the photographs of the grandchildren as they are 'transformed'. :)

we only have 1 girl and 2 sons but i still had a bit of a flap over the cost . we also booked the full package it was 189 dollars plus tax

it was worth it for the experience and her photo shoot pictures are amazing i get a little tear in my eye everytime i look at them . she left the experience with one large printed photo and 2 smaller images printed she had multiple prints of the 2 smaller image

we did also have a photopass + so when we got home we had 100s of photos covering the whole transformation

my only concern was the rapunzel dress my daughter cose was very itchy lace round the arms it actually cut under her arms i did email a complaint and photos but got no reply

she does still wear the dress now at home but over her clothes , obv its too hot to do this in florida so just beware the dresses may not be comfortable in the hot sticky weather and they may want to change out of them

i would definatley book it again but just the hair and photos and take our own dress

i would accept it happily as a gift your girls will love it x

the oh also caved in and bought her shoes as her little walking sandals looked so scruffy once she was princessed!! and it would have ruined the photos

she wore them all holiday with trainer socks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter