• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB age limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pembo

OH-IO
A friend told me that the BBB is going to be for ages 3-12 only? Can anyone confirm this rumor?

Yes, they are changing the policy and will be strictly enforcing a 3-12 age restriction starting later this month.

When we took our girls (2008) the "Fairy Godmother" told us that adults can go but they don't have the outfits big enough but it sounds like they're changing the policy.

Yes they are enforcing the age limit of 3-12 yr olds. I was told by a CM that if your child is 13 or 14 they might make an exception but they are trying to elminate the adults form doing it to have more time for the kids that want to do it. However, if you go to the Pirates League, over by the Piraes of the Caribbean ride anyone of any age can by made up like a pirate, with scars and all. They do a really good job from the people I've seen come out of there.
Have fun.:yay:

the update we received was that effective immediately for all 'NEW' reservations they were enforcing the age limit of 3 to 12. I would suggest calling and asking directly. that will be the best way to get an accurate answer as there is definitely a change coming but 'when' seems to be the question. :goodvibes

Maybe they need an adult Salon lol I mean they do have a barbar shop.

This rule seems strange to me. Outside of brides (and one young woman with down syndrome), I have never seen an adult with any of the hair styles in the parks. Is there really that much of an adult "infestation" of BBB that they need to limit the ages? Besides in the end money from a child's hairdo is the same as the money for an adults. Heck, adults have more hair, so they could charge more!

But you are paying for the experience. Maybe some bratty teen misbehaved in there and ruined it for the kids? I can see that being an issue.

They do! The Grand and the Dolphin have salons and spa's for sure and perhaps some of the other Deluxe resorts as well.

Thought I would bump this up as it looks as it is not a rumor but a new policy.

Ages 3-12 ONLY!!!!

Yes, they are changing the policy now.
age range is:3-12
start later this month.
2.gif

I can't imagine anyone really caring...
Are there really adults who want to run around Disney looking like Cinderella?

It is sad to say but yes im sure there are adults that would pay to look like Cinderella. I am not one of them, I always wondering if the kids get headaches from their hair being pulled back so tight & how the heck do you try washing it!? Im sure the hairspray in there makes your hair like a rock. Not my cup of tea but I know it popular.

When we were waiting to check our youngest at the BBB on our trip the first week of October, there was a mother and daughter behind us who were there for the girl's 14th birthday (she was wearing a birthday button so I know it was her 14th). The girl clearly did NOT want to do it. The mother was insisting and the girl was rolling her eyes and asking to leave at which point the mother told her to "knock it off, I am not putting up with your attitude today". It was clearly something the mother wanted the daughter to do but she wasn't cooperating. I don't know if the girl ended up going through with it because I didn't see them waiting on the benches inside the castle after that and did not see them while our daughter was receiving her makeover. We waited about 40 minutes before being called. However, I am wondering if BBB has had issues with older girls not really getting into the magic of the makeover and are trying to eliminate that problem by placing age limits. I was really glad that my 4 year old was not getting her makeover beside the teen with a bad attitude.

They do! The Grand and the Dolphin have salons and spa's for sure and perhaps some of the other Deluxe resorts as well.
The Contemporary, Yacht/Beach Clubs and Coronado all have hair salons, as well.

I know there are adults that have gone to BBB, but I have to say that the plastered styles they do at BBB, IMHO, are only appropriate for young children. To me, even 12 is too old. If I made the rules, it would be age 3 to 7. But, that's just me. :rolleyes1

Sadly, yes. I'm glad Disney will be putting the new age restrictions in place.

When we were waiting to check our youngest at the BBB on our trip the first week of October, there was a mother and daughter behind us who were there for the girl's 14th birthday (she was wearing a birthday button so I know it was her 14th). The girl clearly did NOT want to do it. The mother was insisting and the girl was rolling her eyes and asking to leave at which point the mother told her to "knock it off, I am not putting up with your attitude today". It was clearly something the mother wanted the daughter to do but she wasn't cooperating. I don't know if the girl ended up going through with it because I didn't see them waiting on the benches inside the castle after that and did not see them while our daughter was receiving her makeover. We waited about 40 minutes before being called. However, I am wondering if BBB has had issues with older girls not really getting into the magic of the makeover and are trying to eliminate that problem by placing age limits. I was really glad that my 4 year old was not getting her makeover beside the teen with a bad attitude.
I wouldn't force a kid to do something she didn't want to do on her birthday. I feel bad for the girl.

I wonder if enough adults were doing this that people were having trouble finding slots for their little girls? I always had the impression that this was really meant for little girls to begin with.

I wouldn't force a kid to do something she didn't want to do on her birthday. I feel bad for the girl.

I wonder if enough adults were doing this that people were having trouble finding slots for their little girls? I always had the impression that this was really meant for little girls to begin with.

I agree. I also think it was taking a lot more time and effort to do an adults hair than a small child. And women would be a lot more picky and expect a full updo like you get at a salon for a prom or wedding.

IMO it is sad and silly for a grown woman to want to do this at Disney world.

It's a shame when places need to put rules like this in place to tell people what common sense should be telling them. :rolleyes:

1. I wouldn't force a kid to do something she didn't want to do on her birthday. I feel bad for the girl.

2. I wonder if enough adults were doing this that people were having trouble finding slots for their little girls? I always had the impression that this was really meant for little girls to begin with.

1. Ever seen Toddlers and Tiaras. :thumbsup2

2. One of our last family trips to WDW we spent a lot of time in DTD I would say I saw more "adults", 16+, made up than kids. Of course no dresses just sashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter