BBB...a few questions

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
Hi! This morning I called and made appointments for our three DDs at the BBB in the MK. I spent some time this afternoon reading reviews of the experiences of others. I now have a few questions.

1. Will there be multiple costume options for my DD11? She is on the slender side. She will probably need a size 10. Are there larger sizes?

2. Some reviews mentioned a shortness of "full" costumes (dress, but no matching accessories). Does this happen often?

I booked Castle packages for all three girls. Is it possible to change the level of the package when we arrive for the reservation, if costumes aren't available, etc.?

Thanks!

The largest that I know that they make any disney costume is a size 10. They usually have Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tinker Bell, Belle, etc. available... if she is into FROZEN I am not sure that they will be available. The only way to know for sure is to have her go to a Disney Store and see if the dresses will work.

You are able to change your package when you get there if you decide that the one you booked originally won't work for you. However, after they start 'transforming' your daughter they will not allow for changes.

We never buy costumes there so others will probably have better info on what is typically available.

But I would consider downgrading the oldest girl's package to not include the costume. Then I would pick up a costume she likes somewhere else the minute you see it so that you are certain she will have what she wants. The costumes aren't hard to carry in. Just bring some Ziploc bags and mush out the air.

We never buy costumes there so others will probably have better info on what is typically available.

But I would consider downgrading the oldest girl's package to not include the costume. Then I would pick up a costume she likes somewhere else the minute you see it so that you are certain she will have what she wants. The costumes aren't hard to carry in. Just bring some Ziploc bags and mush out the air.

Totally agree here! We never buy at the boutique. However, I'm quite fortunate that my mother is quite the seamstress and my daughter only has to ask Granny to make her whatever she wants. But many costumes are able to be found on other sites for far less money than can be had at BBB. I only ever book the cheapest package and have had nothing but fabulous memories. Since your bill will be in triplicate, I would search the web for some fabulous costumes/dresses that can be found on various websites. I sincerely hope this helps you in your decision making process. :goodvibes

Totally agree here! We never buy at the boutique. However, I'm quite fortunate that my mother is quite the seamstress and my daughter only has to ask Granny to make her whatever she wants. But many costumes are able to be found on other sites for far less money than can be had at BBB. I only ever book the cheapest package and have had nothing but fabulous memories. Since your bill will be in triplicate, I would search the web for some fabulous costumes/dresses that can be found on various websites. I sincerely hope this helps you in your decision making process. :goodvibes

Thank you to all of you for the advice! My mother-in-law made a Snow White dress for DD8 when she was 18 months old. I wonder if she would be willing to work her magic again for our oldest DD. I hadn't thought about asking her. I am thrilled that our oldest DD still loves princesses and wants to experience the BBB. I want to make sure that she has a magical time. Thanks again!

Thank you to all of you for the advice! My mother-in-law made a Snow White dress for DD8 when she was 18 months old. I wonder if she would be willing to work her magic again for our oldest DD. I hadn't thought about asking her. I am thrilled that our oldest DD still loves princesses and wants to experience the BBB. I want to make sure that she has a magical time. Thanks again!

Enjoy it while you can. Your days are numbered.

And be sure you mean it when you say "sure honey..... pick any style you like....." ;)

IMG_8081 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And be sure you mean it when you say "sure honey..... pick any style you like....." ;)

:laughing:

In October we were waiting in the neverending line at Castle Couture so I could pick out DD's photos when a mom and her daughter walked in, dad was already in the store waiting for them. He looked once, twice, three times and let out a "you let her pick that hairstyle? What is it? Oh, God!" I tell our FGMIT to not even offer it to DD. :upsidedow

We didn't either. I bought the gowns at the Disney store before we left. I was lucky to get a great, great sale. I also got the wand, shoes, and a few extras before I left home. I was shocked at the prices at WDW.

Are you getting Photo Pass? If so, there is (or was, it was 4 years ago) a special princess sitting (I guess you call it) that is located in the first large building on the right as you pass the front gates in MK. I don't remember the name (Kodak Hall or something?). It had a lot of Kodak scenes and such. You walk in the building and walk towards the back. There was a little area that the Photo Pass people used (I guess they still do) that has a little fainting couch and other props for posing in their princess garb. It was so cute! We did the BBB then went over to eat in the castle, and from there we went to get the pictures. It was "free" with the purchase of Photo Pass. I don't know if anything changed but it was pretty awesome. They took a ton of pictures and they turned out really well.

I didn't buy the pictures on site. Once you purchase the Photo Pass you purchase the rights to the pictures. I had them printed at home through Wal-greens. They were inexpensive and they did a great job.

I love the pictures we got! It really added to the experience of going to the BBB.

:laughing:

In October we were waiting in the neverending line at Castle Couture so I could pick out DD's photos when a mom and her daughter walked in, dad was already in the store waiting for them. He looked once, twice, three times and let out a "you let her pick that hairstyle? What is it? Oh, God!" I tell our FGMIT to not even offer it to DD. :upsidedow

:lmao: I had a hunch she would choose that one. But she had done BBB every year since 2007 so I was ready for her to mix it up a bit. I was just happy she still wanted to do it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, so it was all good. :)

We didn't either. I bought the gowns at the Disney store before we left. I was lucky to get a great, great sale. I also got the wand, shoes, and a few extras before I left home. I was shocked at the prices at WDW.

Are you getting Photo Pass? If so, there is (or was, it was 4 years ago) a special princess sitting (I guess you call it) that is located in the first large building on the right as you pass the front gates in MK. I don't remember the name (Kodak Hall or something?). It had a lot of Kodak scenes and such. You walk in the building and walk towards the back. There was a little area that the Photo Pass people used (I guess they still do) that has a little fainting couch and other props for posing in their princess garb. It was so cute! We did the BBB then went over to eat in the castle, and from there we went to get the pictures. It was "free" with the purchase of Photo Pass. I don't know if anything changed but it was pretty awesome. They took a ton of pictures and they turned out really well.

I didn't buy the pictures on site. Once you purchase the Photo Pass you purchase the rights to the pictures. I had them printed at home through Wal-greens. They were inexpensive and they did a great job.

I love the pictures we got! It really added to the experience of going to the BBB.

Actually all of those photo ops down in Town Square Theater have been gone for some time. They took all of that out when they moved the princesses into Town Square Theater. The photo op is now just what is offered at Castle Couture. And anyone can go in and take photos to be added to their photopass.

I'm going to disagree and say sometimes More is More. If BBB is not something you'd do every trip, or even ever again, I'd say go for it. When my DD was 8 we did the whole shebang, with dress and everything. They put everything into the dressing room and there was that whole ta-da moment when my DD saw her outfit for the first time. she was, most definitely, a princess for a day.

Seriously, it is still one of her favourite Disney memories. She had such a great time she didn't expect to do it again and was totally overjoyed when I asked if she wanted a hairdo on the next trip. She got the funky one that time.

Whichever one you're going to, you can give them a heads up as to which sizes and which outfits you'll be needing that day. I don't know anyone who has talked to them ahead of time and had any issues with getting the outfits.

:lmao: I had a hunch she would choose that one. But she had done BBB every year since 2007 so I was ready for her to mix it up a bit. I was just happy she still wanted to do it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, so it was all good. :)

Actually all of those photo ops down in Town Square Theater have been gone for some time. They took all of that out when they moved the princesses into Town Square Theater. The photo op is now just what is offered at Castle Couture. And anyone can go in and take photos to be added to their photopass.

Castle Couture! That sounds nice too!

Is that a picture from it in your signature? I like it! I had a feeling things had probably changed.

When we first started getting the Photo Pass we got the family portrait thing added. I forget what year it was, 2006 or 2007? I don't know. It was only $25 for 30 minutes to add the family portrait. I thought it was a bargain at the time. Boy was it. Now it's a whopping $150 for 20 minutes! It's $175 for 30 minutes.

Lots of changes.

-------------------------------------

I wanted to add, that even though I got the gowns at a great price from the Disney store they were beautiful. We liked what I brought much better than what they had at BBB. They didn't have anything comparable. So it does pay to look around. It was pretty special when it all came together. Getting it at BBB doesn't necessarily mean that it's nicer. At least not in our case.

In trying to make a Disney trip not so long after Christmas affordable, Santa brought my daughter's dress that she is going to take to the boutique (we leave in 3 days!). My daughter is obsessed with Anna and Elsa and I was shopping at the Disney outlet store (2 hours away) the first weekend in December. I decided that Santa could bring the dress to help manage both budgets a little better. So glad "he" brought it as I've been reading you can't find Anna and Elsa dresses in the parks right now! I just packed her suitcase tonight. I fit her gown (size 10), wig and sceptor/wand thingy into one large ziploc bag. I did roll up the gown carefully. It didn't take up much room at all. So excited for my daughter to go - her first time, she's 8 and probably won't make it to BBB again!

You really made me laugh~! My DGD picked that style one year and while it may not be my favorite, I thought she looked too cute! And, the funniest thing is we went swimming that afternoon... everyone's heart stopped when one of the life guards blew her whistle and jumped into the pool... only to come up with DGD's hairpiece in her hand! One of the other life guards hollered.... 'good save!'. She got many compliments, too! Here's my beautiful princess!

Disney2011371.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoy! Karen pixiedust:

I was just going to start a thread but maybe someone here can answer. Does anyone know if we do the courtyard package can dd still bring a dress to put on and we'll just save the tutu and shirt?

She has her heart set on Elsa. I'm hoping the Disney Store restocks soon. I called to check and make sure they aren't doing the frozen package anymore and they're not.

Castle Couture! That sounds nice too!

Is that a picture from it in your signature? I like it! I had a feeling things had probably changed.

When we first started getting the Photo Pass we got the family portrait thing added. I forget what year it was, 2006 or 2007? I don't know. It was only $25 for 30 minutes to add the family portrait. I thought it was a bargain at the time. Boy was it. Now it's a whopping $150 for 20 minutes! It's $175 for 30 minutes.

Lots of changes.

-------------------------------------

I wanted to add, that even though I got the gowns at a great price from the Disney store they were beautiful. We liked what I brought much better than what they had at BBB. They didn't have anything comparable. So it does pay to look around. It was pretty special when it all came together. Getting it at BBB doesn't necessarily mean that it's nicer. At least not in our case.

All that is available at Castle Couture is a photo studio setup with a blue background and a chaise. But anyone can go in there and do photos to add to their photopass. I'm pretty sure they'd do a family group as well, as long as the line wasn't too long. We've popped in many times over the course of a trip, especially if the weather outside was iffy and we wanted a photo in a particular costume.

They do give priority to people who paid for the most expensive BBB package (with photo prints) but will let anyone else just come in for photos added to PP (I guess Memory Maker now).

The photo in my signature was actually taken in one of the princess rooms at Town Square Theater during MVMCP. They were only using that for the group because it was raining out. That made for a far better photo than the other 2 years we met them outside in Fantasyland.

You really made me laugh~! My DGD picked that style one year and while it may not be my favorite, I thought she looked too cute! And, the funniest thing is we went swimming that afternoon... everyone's heart stopped when one of the life guards blew her whistle and jumped into the pool... only to come up with DGD's hairpiece in her hand! One of the other life guards hollered.... 'good save!'. She got many compliments, too! Here's my beautiful princess!

Disney2011371.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoy! Karen pixiedust:

OMG! That is hysterical! Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

I was just going to start a thread but maybe someone here can answer. Does anyone know if we do the courtyard package can dd still bring a dress to put on and we'll just save the tutu and shirt?

She has her heart set on Elsa. I'm hoping the Disney Store restocks soon. I called to check and make sure they aren't doing the frozen package anymore and they're not.

Yes, absolutely. She can wear whatever she wants, and anything you purchase or that comes with the package will just be put in the bag you get.

After several trips to WDW and BBB, I have finally managed to schedule an 8:05am BBB for DD4 and DD7, and then a 9:00 CRT ressie. The past several times they picked the bun hairstyle, which I love... but the very first time my DD7 (then 3.5) did BBB she picked pink fluffly hair.... I could have cried. But I just said "ok honey, whatever you want". And you know what - those are some of my favorite pictures.

DSCN2013.JPG

Image0033.JPG

And that hair lasted for at least 3 days, through a swim, multiple naps and sleeps before she finally let me take it out and wash her hair. :rotfl:

:rotfl: My girls are all talking about the Fairytale Princess hairstyle. I don't think there's any danger of them picking anything else, but I'll definitely watch what I say! :rotfl:

Do you remember where you purchased the Belle dresses? They're gorgeous!

In trying to make a Disney trip not so long after Christmas affordable, Santa brought my daughter's dress that she is going to take to the boutique (we leave in 3 days!). My daughter is obsessed with Anna and Elsa and I was shopping at the Disney outlet store (2 hours away) the first weekend in December. I decided that Santa could bring the dress to help manage both budgets a little better. So glad "he" brought it as I've been reading you can't find Anna and Elsa dresses in the parks right now! I just packed her suitcase tonight. I fit her gown (size 10), wig and sceptor/wand thingy into one large ziploc bag. I did roll up the gown carefully. It didn't take up much room at all. So excited for my daughter to go - her first time, she's 8 and probably won't make it to BBB again!

Thanks for the packing tip! I'm glad to know that all of that can fit in a large Ziploc. I may be packing bags for three! I certainly wish that I had know that my girls were going to LOVE Anna and Elsa. My DD10 would love to be Elsa. I hope your DD has a wonderful experience at BBB.

:rotfl: My girls are all talking about the Fairytale Princess hairstyle. I don't think there's any danger of them picking anything else, but I'll definitely watch what I say! :rotfl:

Do you remember where you purchased the Belle dresses? They're gorgeous!

My daughter probably would not have chosen that hairstyle if she hadn't had her friend along. Mary Poppins' reaction to the look was a lot of fun. :)

And thank you, I made the Belle gowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter