• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Well I added on today, so i'm joining the BLT Owner & Groupies Thread. I can't wait to book my first trip!

Welcome home new BLT owners!!!
I drove by our home today and it looks AMAZING!! The walkway gets more impressive with each day it seems, and overall, it looks complete (at least from the outside)
I literally smile from ear to ear and squeal a little every time we drive by it...CANNOT wait to stay there!!!:cool1:

:mad: I'm getting annoyed... I went on a tour in March while we were in the world. We knew we were moving, and told our guide we were planning on making a DVC purchase after our home sold.

I left a message 2 weeks ago, and told my guide we were moving the next week. I didn't hear from him, but I did hear that he called my DVC referral to get my new number. Then I left another message telling him my phone number. A week later I haven't heard from him. Yesterday I left a message and today I got ahold of him as he was walking to an appt.

I'm ready to sign on, and I don't get why the guy doesn't just call me. It's easy, I'm ready. :laughing:

I know I could call for a new guide, but I really liked the guy when we met in person. :confused3

Grrrr.... I guess I just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

:yay:
We just got our paperwork package last night. Brand new DVC members, we bought 200 points at BLT and I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it!!

We've planned a short trip down in November just because I can't stand to wait any longer than that. All the studios were booked for the nights we wanted (We're doing a long weekend, November 12 - 16), so we booked a one bedroom lake view. I hated to spend so many points right out of the gate, but I really wanted to go for those days, so ... Of course there is the risk that we'll love the one bedroom (which I'm worried about...I really liked the one bedroom model!!) and then we'll always want to do that instead of a studio...

I've thought about waitlisting a MK view studio just to see if one would open up, but I'm not too sure how all that works and what the risks would be...

At any rate, thank you to everyone who posts on the boards. Reading all your posts over the last few months answered a ton of questions for us, and really helped cement our decision that this was right for us.

Thanks!
Brooke

:yay:
We just got our paperwork package last night. Brand new DVC members, we bought 200 points at BLT and I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it!!

We've planned a short trip down in November just because I can't stand to wait any longer than that. All the studios were booked for the nights we wanted (We're doing a long weekend, November 12 - 16), so we booked a one bedroom lake view. I hated to spend so many points right out of the gate, but I really wanted to go for those days, so ... Of course there is the risk that we'll love the one bedroom (which I'm worried about...I really liked the one bedroom model!!) and then we'll always want to do that instead of a studio...

I've thought about waitlisting a MK view studio just to see if one would open up, but I'm not too sure how all that works and what the risks would be...

At any rate, thank you to everyone who posts on the boards. Reading all your posts over the last few months answered a ton of questions for us, and really helped cement our decision that this was right for us.

Thanks!
Brooke

Welcome Home! We are also new DVC owners at BLT. I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's especially cool when you see the building and you say "Yeah. . . we own that!" I can't wait to stay there, either! Our first stay is going to be in November as we're using up all our developer pts at SSR. I know they say patience is a virtue but I guess I'm fresh outta virtue!!!;)

We are new owners to at BLT. Just purchased 160 points and we have already made our reservations for December.!!! Cant wait

It would be nice if those prints that were handed out at the Poly are eventually made available for sale. (Not that we don't have enough Disney crap around the house, ie: mickey drain plug, ice cube tray, door handles...);)

:mad: I'm getting annoyed... I went on a tour in March while we were in the world. We knew we were moving, and told our guide we were planning on making a DVC purchase after our home sold.

I left a message 2 weeks ago, and told my guide we were moving the next week. I didn't hear from him, but I did hear that he called my DVC referral to get my new number. Then I left another message telling him my phone number. A week later I haven't heard from him. Yesterday I left a message and today I got ahold of him as he was walking to an appt.

I'm ready to sign on, and I don't get why the guy doesn't just call me. It's easy, I'm ready. :laughing:

I know I could call for a new guide, but I really liked the guy when we met in person. :confused3

Grrrr.... I guess I just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

Hi Dawn- Welcome home soon-to-be neighbor! You'd think in this economy he'd be a bit more proactive on getting back with you...:confused3

Welcome to all the new owners. We're new as well and can't wait for our first DVC trip this summer, and also for our first trip to BLT in the summer of 2010.

Hi Dawn- Welcome home soon-to-be neighbor! You'd think in this economy he'd be a bit more proactive on getting back with you...:confused3

Welcome to all the new owners. We're new as well and can't wait for our first DVC trip this summer, and also for our first trip to BLT in the summer of 2010.
Hi David! :goodvibes Yes, I'm still waiting for him to call. It's annoying. It makes me rethink weather this is the right thing to do or not. He'd better hurry! LOL :rotfl:

I am calling on Tuesday to book our May 2010 trip at BLT! :yay:

We are going in October, kind of a last minute decision, but couldn't get BLT so we are splitting our stay between AKV - Jambo Savannah View and BWV (both one bedrooms). We are going to check out BLT when we are there in October though. I can't wait. I love our new home!

I bought yesterday and just booked my Spring Break trip in a 2BR Lake View. I can't wait! I love my BWV points; but, I found that I just wasn't making the trip to the MK very often. I can't wait for my youngest (3) to see Wishes for the 1st time. Oh, and I almost forgot, I just love the Electric Water Parade. He's going to love that. And I will need to make reservations at Chef Mickey's. I guess I have a long, long time to plan. Easter 2010!

I bought yesterday and just booked my Spring Break trip in a 2BR Lake View. I can't wait! I love my BWV points; but, I found that I just wasn't making the trip to the MK very often. I can't wait for my youngest (3) to see Wishes for the 1st time. Oh, and I almost forgot, I just love the Electric Water Parade. He's going to love that. And I will need to make reservations at Chef Mickey's. I guess I have a long, long time to plan. Easter 2010!

Congratulations on your purchase. Also, it may seem like Easter is far away, but it's amazing how fast it will come. Get those resies ready.

We just bought in at BLT.

280 pts, though we want to add on another 40 pts some time next year.

We plan on going next August for our first BLT trip (unless we make it off the waitlist for this August, but I'm not crossing my fingers). We'll be staying at VWL for our first DVC trip this Aug.

I bought 65 points yesterday :thumbsup2 - small fry compared to a lot of you guys, but it'll get me 3 nights in a MK view studio when I want to go - so yippee!!!:yay::yay:

Just sent back the contract and bought 377 points at the BLT! We are going for 4 days in February and staying in a 1BR MK view and then a week (hopefully) in September 2010.

Will be at Disney this September at staying at the Swan but plan to check out the BLT when I am there.

Congrats to all of you new owners. We just changed our Jan reservation from a 1 bedroom MK View to a 1 bdroom Lake view and added an extra day, I'd rather downgrade the view and add an extra day.:cool1:

I am staying at BLT January 8-15th. We have a standard view. I tried to change our reservation to a MK view but they were all booked. Hopefully the wait list comes through!

We are brand new DVC members and just bought 200 pts at BLT. We love the way they look and the proximity to Magic Kingdom. We can't wait for our next visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter