• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

We bought 200 points back before BLT opened but I'm just now joining this group. We love BLT it is our favorite resort even when not visiting the parks we often stay there. We like the pool, community hall, electric water pageant and easy access to everything on the monorail and boats.

We are happy BLT owners. I am looking for advice on booking a large party 12 of us for September 2015 at BLT. I don't have enough points to cover all our days. Does anyone have any experience on paying cash from Disney for the extra points? How much are the extra points for this one time trip? Can I do that at the 11 month window? Thank you!

DVC rents up to 24 points per UY at $15/pt and only at 7 months out. I'd guess you need more than that so you could look for a transfer from another owner or see about paying cash for some nights but that will be speedy and no guarantee it would even be available for that. The point transfer is probably the best option.

DVC rents up to 24 points per UY at $15/pt and only at 7 months out. I'd guess you need more than that so you could look for a transfer from another owner or see about paying cash for some nights but that will be speedy and no guarantee it would even be available for that. The point transfer is probably the best option.

24 points per UY at $15/pt and only at 7 months out? You are right that won't really work best for us. UGH!!!

Any tips on a point transfer? I have no experience with that.

24 points per UY at $15/pt and only at 7 months out? You are right that won't really work best for us. UGH!!!

Any tips on a point transfer? I have no experience with that.

You can find transfers on the rent/trade board. If you go that route you can control the entire reservation and combine the points with yours. You'll need BLT points and you'll need them 11 months out and to be valid to be used for the time of your stay. If they are not the same UY as yours then you won't see them online and will need to call in to do the reservation. That might also happen even if it's the same UY but sometimes they are able to be seen by you if everything matches up. Keep in mind that transferred points can be banked but they cannot be borrowed so you need to be certain you are getting something you can use for the correct time. There are a few ins and outs to consider with a transfer so you might want to do a search on the boards or start a thread about it to get some tips.

Or you could rent a reservation for whatever amount of nights you don't have enough of your own points for and then the reservations could be linked so you stay in the same GV. One more option is you could inquire with David's to find an owner with the BLT points you need to rent.

Hello Folks,

I am reading through the 100s of pages the best I can. Please bare with me if I am asking questions that have already been answered.

I am considering purchasing points for BLT... the location is a big deal for us (as well as the themeing), we are members of the 501st and beyond this resort only the BWV and BCV are ideal, and we didn't like BWV when we saw them. (As 501st members we need easy access to DHS to march in the SWW parades.) It is just the two of us so we don't need a huge suite, however room for our costumes is a BIGGIE!

1st question: Are BLT purchases for new members still available? Yes, but contracts are limited since those essentially are the ones Disney acquired through ROFR. We spent a few months waiting for a specific UY and small contract for VWL with Disney, but it did come through.

2nd question: Has anyone here played the mix and match game where you have two home resorts but mainly used them for BLT? Is this possible. Example, I buy 100 points at BLT and 100 points at BCV, both could be considered my home resort correct, but will I have issues using all my points to reserve 11 months in advance if I want a long stay or will I have to wait till 7 months in advance to use all my points? You can buy points at two or more different resorts, but as you questioned in your last sentence, you will have to wait to use all your points come the 7-month point. Using your example, if you own 100 points at both BLT and BCV, and you want to book BLT for the first week of December, then at 11 months you can make a reservation there but only using your 100 BLT points. The BCV points won't come into play until your 7-month point. While both are considered your home resorts, you can only book them separately 11 months out.

#3rd question: If I was to buy some of my points through Disney and some of the points through a resale how does mixing the points work? besides not being able to used them outside DVC resorts is there any other disadvantages? In addition which re-sellers do you recommend, and which should I stay away from at all costs?! The points are the same. There are no other disadvantages than the current limitations, and as most will tell you on here, using points to book outside DVC or for DCL doesn't give you the best value, anyway. As for re-sellers, I've only had experience with one--The Timeshare Store--and they were excellent.

:worship: Thank you for your help in advance.... :worship: this is a scary thought for me, purchasing DVC, but with us basically taking yearly trips to WDW, it's starting to seem stupid not to consider it!
Hope these tips help. I'm sure others can give you more detailed thoughts if you wish.

Thank you, sounds like a better do my homework before our 11th window opens in a couple of weeks. Seems like Dave might be the cheaper option and less hassle?

You can find transfers on the rent/trade board. If you go that route you can control the entire reservation and combine the points with yours. You'll need BLT points and you'll need them 11 months out and to be valid to be used for the time of your stay. If they are not the same UY as yours then you won't see them online and will need to call in to do the reservation. That might also happen even if it's the same UY but sometimes they are able to be seen by you if everything matches up. Keep in mind that transferred points can be banked but they cannot be borrowed so you need to be certain you are getting something you can use for the correct time. There are a few ins and outs to consider with a transfer so you might want to do a search on the boards or start a thread about it to get some tips.

Or you could rent a reservation for whatever amount of nights you don't have enough of your own points for and then the reservations could be linked so you stay in the same GV. One more option is you could inquire with David's to find an owner with the BLT points you need to rent.

Thank you, sounds like a better do my homework before our 11th window opens in a couple of weeks. Seems like Dave might be the cheaper option and less hassle?

It won't be cheaper but maybe less hassle - hard to say. A problem there can be that he doesn't have people who have turned points over for him to rent but if he does I understand it can be quick and easy. I'd probably peruse the rental board too and get an idea of what is being offered by some owners.

Thank you for all the advice, we are getting ready to book our trip on Sunday. I can't remember off hand, what time can I try to make a reservation online at 11 months out? Midnight?

We just purchased points at BLT. We already own at AKV, but stayed at BLT in 2012 and loved it. We didn't expect to even like it, but it was amazing. Booked a Lake View and got an obstructed Park View. It was great. Only bought a limited number of points so we can stay here every other year. We have a split stay planned for before and after the member cruise in August 2015.

Hi all! So excited to be staying at BLT for part of our first stay as DVC members- I have a quick question for you- how long is the walk from BLT to MK? Is it an easy walk? I am trying to decide if we should bring a stroller for our 6 yr old- originally we weren't planning on it since she hasn't used one in forever but now with the extra walking to and from BLT-MK I am second guessing myself. Is it a pain at night to walk with tired little ones or is it over before you know it?

What else should I know? I heard it can take a long time using the monorail to EP- do you just plan on it taking extra time? If I wanted to make rope drop at EP and take the monorail when should I leave the room?

What are the stops on the monorail each way?

THANK YOU!!!

Hi all! So excited to be staying at BLT for part of our first stay as DVC members- I have a quick question for you- how long is the walk from BLT to MK? Is it an easy walk? I am trying to decide if we should bring a stroller for our 6 yr old- originally we weren't planning on it since she hasn't used one in forever but now with the extra walking to and from BLT-MK I am second guessing myself. Is it a pain at night to walk with tired little ones or is it over before you know it?

What else should I know? I heard it can take a long time using the monorail to EP- do you just plan on it taking extra time? If I wanted to make rope drop at EP and take the monorail when should I leave the room?

What are the stops on the monorail each way?

THANK YOU!!!

IMO the walk is one of the only reason for us to stay at BLT, it's about 15 minutes.

To get to the Epcot monorail, get off at the next stop, TTC. Go down the ramps and back up the ramps to the Epcot monorail. I would plan on at least a 30 minute ride.

:earsboy: Bill

Hi all! So excited to be staying at BLT for part of our first stay as DVC members- I have a quick question for you- how long is the walk from BLT to MK? Is it an easy walk? I am trying to decide if we should bring a stroller for our 6 yr old- originally we weren't planning on it since she hasn't used one in forever but now with the extra walking to and from BLT-MK I am second guessing myself. Is it a pain at night to walk with tired little ones or is it over before you know it? What else should I know? I heard it can take a long time using the monorail to EP- do you just plan on it taking extra time? If I wanted to make rope drop at EP and take the monorail when should I leave the room? What are the stops on the monorail each way? THANK YOU!!!

If you don't need a stroller around the MK, it's not worth it just for the trip from BLT to MK. That walk is no where near the amount you'll do during the day at the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter