Bay Lake Tower - One-bedroom - Jan 30--Feb 6

Little_Sister

Mouse ears and pigtails!
Hi!

This is a long shot...but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask....

I currently have a Studio booked at Bay Lake Tower for the week of January 30th through February 6....but I'd really like to get a One-bedroom instead.

I've been calling everyday, but they currently don't have one available.

I would REALLY appreciate it anyone ends up cancelling or changing their one-bedroom reservation at BLT for that week to let me know and maybe I'll get lucky.:goodvibes

THANKS!

Hi!

I currently have a Studio booked at Bay Lake Tower for the week of January 30th through February 6....but I'd really like to get a One-bedroom instead.

I would REALLY appreciate it anyone ends up cancelling or changing their one-bedroom reservation at BLT for that week to let me know and maybe I'll get lucky.:goodvibes

THANKS!

DVC points or DRC cash?

it would be cash....we're not DVC members. Does that make a difference?

I guess it would make sense if they only released a certain number of rooms to non-DVC members....if that's the case...would that mean that it's possible more rooms might open up closer to my trip?

it would be cash....we're not DVC members. Does that make a difference?

I guess it would make sense if they only released a certain number of rooms to non-DVC members....if that's the case...would that mean that it's possible more rooms might open up closer to my trip?

I would keep checking! Especially around 45 days prior to arrival since that is the deadline for people canceling packages. :thumbsup2

good advice! I didn't even think about the 45 day mark!

I've called like 6 times in the past week....I hope they don't have a record of how often my reservation gets pulled up...they're going to think I'm obsessed....which isn't completely inaccurate. :laughing:

good advice! I didn't even think about the 45 day mark!

I've called like 6 times in the past week....I hope they don't have a record of how often my reservation gets pulled up...they're going to think I'm obsessed....which isn't completely inaccurate. :laughing:

Oh if that were true they'd have blocked my # years ago!! :rotfl:
We were able to get New Year's Eve a couple of years ago after I called every day for about a month trying over and over. I don't know if availability opened up or if they just got tired of talking to me. ;)

Oh if that were true they'd have blocked my # years ago!! :rotfl:
We were able to get New Year's Eve a couple of years ago after I called every day for about a month trying over and over. I don't know if availability opened up or if they just got tired of talking to me. ;)

:rotfl: Oh that is funny!!!

Have you considered renting points? We are using David's Rentals for the first time. It seems pretty easy and is absolutely cheaper than, going through Disney. GL!

Good luck with getting that 1 bedroom.Hopefully someone changes their mind or one of those companies who bought into DVC releases rooms they booked for profit before eating the point loss.

BLT is sold out to members, so there is very little inventory to sell through DRC. What you see for sale for cash is inventory turned over to DRC because an owner at BLT wanted to use their points for a non-DVC trip and DVC has to pay for it. Your best bet is 45 days out when a cash reservation might be cancelled. At 60 days out, any points inventory not booked for points stays is also turned over to DRC to sell for cash, but that inventory can also be brought back to reserve on points if a member requests it at less than 60 days out.

Hi!

THANKS!
We are always a cash ressie when booking BLT and I just went on the Disney website and below is what I found for for our family for a 1bdrm villa lake view at BLT with Park tickets for your dates.
Package Offer
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Check In
January 30, 2013
Check Out
February 06, 2013
Staying for
7 nights, 8 days

Adults
Children

Room Type:
1 Bedroom Villa  Lake View
Tickets
8-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More*
Package
Magic Your Way Package
Package includes

2013 Package Inclusions

Remember, CRO might not have the same inventory as the website does. This has happened to me many times. Last year I wanted to change our BLT cash ressie from a 1bdrm villa TPV to a 1 bdrm villa LV. They had it on line but not through CRO. So what I did while I was on the phone with the CM, I had to book the reservation online with a new $200.00 deposit and after that was done the CM was able to cancel my old ressie and have the payments that I previously made transferred to the new one. So maybe this may help you out. Sending you lots of pixiedust:

Thank you all so much...

I never thought about renting points...but I'm definitely going to look into it...

also...I've been checking every day online for a one-bedroom and did not have any luck...I bet that was just released or cancelled by someone...thank you so much for doing the legwork!!

I love how helpful everyone is here...I hope someday I can return the favor.:goodvibes

just FYI...I went to the website...saw the one-bedroom villa you saw...but when I called it's not available with my Disney Visa Discount....so I'm gonna keep on trying.

.but when I called it's not available with my Disney Visa Discount.

I think that's your problem right there. Disney only has so many rooms available for any given discount. If 1 bedrooms at BLT were never available with that discount, you won't be able to get one with the discount. Even if a limited amount were available with the discount, all were booked, then someone cancelled, that would most likely go back in the general bucket and not be available for use with the discount.

Now, not trying to sway you to stop trying. Just wanted to let you know the odds are stacked against you. Good luck!!

I think that's your problem right there. Disney only has so many rooms available for any given discount. If 1 bedrooms at BLT were never available with that discount, you won't be able to get one with the discount. Even if a limited amount were available with the discount, all were booked, then someone cancelled, that would most likely go back in the general bucket and not be available for use with the discount.

Now, not trying to sway you to stop trying. Just wanted to let you know the odds are stacked against you. Good luck!!

ha ha...yeah I know it's a total long shot...I'm gonna keep trying just in case the powers that be want to shine down on me. :rotfl:

just FYI...I went to the website...saw the one-bedroom villa you saw...but when I called it's not available with my Disney Visa Discount....so I'm gonna keep on trying.

Oh no. So sorry.:grouphug: I didn't know that you were using your Disney Visa Discount.

I agree with this. Sorry OP.:flower3:

no worries! :goodvibes

The castmember I spoke with this morning said it is possible that they'll add a few one-bedrooms to the discount as it gets closer. If it doesn't happen it will still be a lovely vacation for us.

AND I've been checking into David's Rentals per another poster and they are MUCH cheaper than Disney...I think I will definitely try to use them for next year's trip....awesome tip...thank you! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter