bay lake resort.

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lovedisney50, Apr 10, 2013.

1. lovedisney50

lovedisney50 Mouseketeer

we just booked a 2 bedrm villa with a view of the theme park. what is the best section to stay in to make sure we have a good view of the castle and fireworks?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

If you booked a theme park view, you'll have a good view of the park and the fireworks. There are three different room view catagories...standard, lake and theme park.

4. jdmn2010

jdmn2010 Mouseketeer

If you have a theme park view, then any room you get will have an excellent view of the fireworks. We have stayed in theme park rooms twice and both times the fireworks display was amazing.

5. MinnieFan4ever

MinnieFan4ever <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Have a magical time. You will love watching the fireworks from your room. So AWESOME!

6. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

You are going to LOVE it! We stayed in a 2-BR MK view 3 years ago. #8022 The BEST!

7. grimley1968

grimley1968 DIS Veteran

We had a 1 BR "lake view" once at BLT. We could certainly see the lake, but also had a really good side view of MK. I can't imagine that if you paid for the "theme park view" you wouldn't look straight on into MK. The view probably gets better the higher you are.

8. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Your going to love it....have a great time! :)

9. ChrisM

ChrisM Mouseketeer

Fireworks viewing is excellent from the "theme park" views, but I have to say - the "theme park" view isn't really all that great since you're really pretty far away from the park. Most of what you actually see is just a giant parking lot.

The Bay Lake views, in my opinion, are really spectacular.

10. lovedisney50

lovedisney50 Mouseketeer

Thx for all of the replies. Lakeview wasn't available for 7 days. We were thrilled to get theme park since we will be traveling with twin toddlers & their parents.

11. abner1776

abner1776 DIS Veteran

Now thats interesting...MK view was available but lake view was not...I always thought MK view was grabbed up first. I have read some posts about MK view not being all that great and I can attest that our view from the 8th floor looking south to WL and even as far as Epcot was the best view from any WDW resort so far and that was lake view. We could also see around to the GF and of course the CR as well.