Bay Area Hotels

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by wdwhereicome, Apr 26, 2007.

1. wdwhereicome

wdwhereicome Mouseketeer

I'm thinking of hopping up to SF for 3 days during an upcoming DL trip. I've been searching hotels, but don't know which one. Does anyone have suggestions of hotels and while we're at it, how about restaurants? Our group is 17 and up!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. amjt660

amjt660 Earning My Ears

Hi
    We stayed at the Sheraton Fishermans Wharf and ate at Pier 39 (Hard Rock Cafe and Bubba Gumps) since it was within walking distance.

Drew

4. Claire L

Claire L <font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f

The Hyat at Fisherman's Wharf is a great hotel love Knuckles their sports bar/restuarant. Pier 39 is close by and has loads of restuarants including HRC and Bubba Gumps. We found a nice little Italian restuarant nearby at the Tuscan Inn called Pescatore and it was gorgeous :)

Claire ;)

5. mrs.beast

mrs.beast Mouseketeer

if you like greek Kokari (sp?) is awesome. also anywhere on north beach has great food. we love to eat at aqua, but pricy. we have also done stars but the food was just ok. there is a great steak place on the corner of pacific and ? near the gap. also there is the spinning rest. near the pier. it is a must do. i have never gone at night, but the view for breakfast is great.
    sorry live 45 minutes away and just know how to get places and really dont know names or streets. will try and figure some out and post more later. is there a specific type of experience you are looking for.
    also we always stay at the donatello when we decide to stay overnight.

6. Dobie

Dobie <font color=darkorchid>We had a fabulous time<br><

I highly recommend the Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf. As I recall, the club level rooms are only slightly more expensive, are bigger, and you get free breakfast and substantial late afternoon snackies (enough for a light dinner.)

7. slruud

slruud DIS Veteran

Check out biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com for current wins on Priceline and Hotwire in the San Francisco area. We prefer the Union Square East/Embarcadero area, especially if we get the Omni. Going this Labor Day weekend for $89/nite through Hotwire. Got it in February for $75.

Plan to get a 3 day Muni Passport. With cable car rides $5 a pop, the $18 you spend for the passport is well worth it. It also covers muni busses and the F-line trolley.

Have fun.