Bass Fishing .... ?

RosieGirl

Earning My Ears
Hoping to surprise DH with a bass fishing trip but have never met anyone who has experienced a trip. Are they worth the cost? Is Bay Lake the lake of choice or is the lake at BW/Epcot worth investigating? Can I/should I ask for an very experienced guide? ...... In case you can't tell, I know nothing about fishing :)

Bay Lake is much more visually appealing especially with the islands. You can fish on either lake. We've fished a number of times and the most number of fish we caught were by the dock at the Magic Kingdom parking lot and around the docks in front of the Contemporary. We've only fished at the earliest time slot in the morning around Epcot so they let you fish in the actual Epcot park. They won't let you fish there when the park opens so you're limited to the docks around the resorts and along the river to Hollywood studios. We enjoyed listening to the music along the shores of Epcot while fishing but we never caught as many fish as we did on Bay Lake. With a family of 4, we averaged between 16 - 18 fish each trip.

We have done this several times. Fish bite better early in the morning. Live bait is the only thing we ever caught anything on. I caught a huge Bass right next to the dock where they pick you up for the boats from WL. I think they consider all their guides experienced, it's still fishing, therefore there is some luck involved. Don't forget it's catch and release unless it's big enough to mount or you gave a place to cook it (I think). Don't forget to tip the guide.

We've had good luck on Crescent Lake(Epcot), we always do the early trip and go into Epcot to fish. Our first trip we caught 29 total, our second trip was the best we caught 49 this last trip wasn't as good with 18. We have 3 adults and 2 kids fishing each trip. We also stay at the BW so they come pick us up at the BW dock. Its fishing nothing is guaranteed but the guides are on the lake every day and usually put you on a hot spot. Also its catch and release you can't keep them.

We have done this several times. Fish bite better early in the morning. Live bait is the only thing we ever caught anything on. I caught a huge Bass right next to the dock where they pick you up for the boats from WL. I think they consider all their guides experienced, it's still fishing, therefore there is some luck involved. Don't forget it's catch and release unless it's big enough to mount or you gave a place to cook it (I think). Don't forget to tip the guide.
Tipping! Thank you! WDW is such a non-tipping venue that it never occurred to me. Will absolutely tip.

We did it as a family once and had a lot of fun. I caught the most fish too! I think we had the 2nd time slot and by the time we got back to the dock it was getting really hot! They brought a cooler of drinks for us in the boat.
Our guide helped with taking the hooks out of the bass.
We fished in Bay Lake and it was fun looking at the castle while fishing.
The later times also you will share the water with the Disney transportation boats.

Last September at CBR, a pontoon took out a husband and wife for a fishing trip. My wife and I were on the deck at the dock and watching the couple fish. Wife throws in by the lighthouse, bang...has a fish. Husband down 1 right now. Guide takes fish of hook for wife, and she throws in again...bang, fish #2...husband is being shutout. Guide moves the pontoon to the narrow inlet south of the lighthouse...bang, wife has fish #3, husband still shutout. Wife throws in by the deck, bang, fish #4...husband throws down his rod and steps on it and snaps it in half. Guide pulls up top the dock, drops them both off, and gives husband a bill for the rod. It was beautiful.

We've had good luck on Crescent Lake(Epcot), we always do the early trip and go into Epcot to fish. Our first trip we caught 29 total, our second trip was the best we caught 49 this last trip wasn't as good with 18. We have 3 adults and 2 kids fishing each trip. We also stay at the BW so they come pick us up at the BW dock. Its fishing nothing is guaranteed but the guides are on the lake every day and usually put you on a hot spot. Also its catch and release you can't keep them.

DH wants to know what kind you caught and how big please....

Its all largemouth bass that's all you fish for. We've caught a couple that were 10+ pounds the usual weight is probably anywhere from 2-8 pounds

I've never heard of this, but dad and I love fishing. If you don't mind my asking, how do you book it?

We have done this several times. I'm the wife of a fishing husband, and don't honestly like to fish, and I really was impressed with these experiences! We mostly do bay lake, once we did DTD, and enjoyed bay lake much more. We have always gotten the early morning outing. Depending on the time of year, it could make a difference. My husband says in hotter months the water gets too warm for the fish and they go deeper. (Whatever that means, lol). We have been very impressed with each of our guides. They are very knowledgable and pleasant. They definitely know where the fish are! Once when our kids were young, our guide moved from spot to spot, just to make sure they caught at least one! I would definitely recommend it!

If going during the winter months, bring a true winter coat. Early morning on the lake with a good breeze =a damp cold. I had on a jacket I wore in the snow and my teeth were chattering. Doesn't apply to all days, but it can happen.

I've never heard of this, but dad and I love fishing. If you don't mind my asking, how do you book it?
1-407-WDW-BASS (939-2277). I printed the page for you as well. Click on the thumbnail.

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-10_10-22-29.png
    upload_2015-5-10_10-22-29.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 10
I've been told there is a discount coupon in the 2015 Birnbaum guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter