Bass Fishing Excursions

gavsmom

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for some info on these...best place to book, best time of the day to go etc... Also, will they let me book if there is only one person going? thanks so much!

I haven't actually been on the excursion yet but have been doing some research for an upcoming trip. I know that the excursions are at 7AM, 10AM and 1PM. I have found that the early trip is the most reccomended, with people having cooler temps and better catches. I have read that it's not unusual to score 30 or more catches on a trip.

You can find some nice reviews here:

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/showcat.php?cat=80

Hope that helps.

My kids and I have been 3 times. Having experienced it and gotten to know one of the guides "Rick" here is the deal:

For the potential biggest fish but not as many I recommend the Lake at Downtown Disney. For the most fish Bay Lake and for a combination of both the Lake in front of the Boardwalk. We've fished at Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk Lake and that was exactly it, I caught a pretty big bass (6 lbs) at Downtown Disney but only caught 4 total but caught about 15 (all pretty nice 2-4 lbs at the Boardwalk Lake (not sure if it's called Crescent Lake). All the trips I've taken were at 1:30 as its cheapest.

Our next trip (this coming August) will be the 7 am trip (for cooler temps) and at the World Showcase at Epcot. I've never done it but would love to fish while having the various countries in view. You can only do the World Showcase trip at 7 am. I recommend requesting Rick for your trip.

I am very tempted to do this on my next trip. I just don't know if I want to spend the money. I think the early trip is $270. What is a normal tip amount for the guide?

We went two years ago with my 10 year old daughter, 6 year old son, and my husband and had such a good time! My husband loves to fish and this excursion was definitely worth it, especially since landing a bass is no easy feat for us (the kids & I) out on the lake here ;) We caught a ton (sorry that I can't remember the total but I know I caught at least 6 or 7) and our guide was fantastic. Our excursion left from the Contemporary but we plan on staying at Fort Wilderness this fall and doing it again!

Just booked a fishing excursion. I would say for my FIL, but I am excited too :cool1: We are staying at POR, but will be leaving from the Contemporary....

How much is the voucher that comes with the room package? Do we get it at check in? What is the customary tip for the guide?

Thanks,
David

I went on a bass fishing excursion this past October and had a blast! My wife and I left from the Poly for a 7 AM trip. We first fished right off the garden wing of the CR, but there was a bunch of traffic going in and out through the canal, so we moved just off the dock of the WL. We caught a bunch there, about 9-10 all in the 2-3 lb. range. It was worth it if only to just see the sun rise over Bay Lake!

I got a 15% discount with my AP, which came out to $229.50. The Birnbaum guide has a coupon in the back for 20%, so it may be worth it to pick one up!

Just booked a fishing excursion. I would say for my FIL, but I am excited too :cool1: We are staying at POR, but will be leaving from the Contemporary....

How much is the voucher that comes with the room package? Do we get it at check in? What is the customary tip for the guide?

Thanks,
David

I believe it's a 15% voucher - and it's included with your reservation packet, which is mailed to you (approx a month?) before checkin date.

Also, it's customary to tip the guides 18% of the total non-discounted price.

We did 2 of the Nitro excurstions and DH loved it - have a blast!

I booked one for my husband and I on our next trip beginning of May. We are taking the 7 am excursion from the Contemporary in the Nitro boat. Can't wait to try it, my husband LOVES to fish for Bass so this will be something new for us to try on this trip. Cost $270. Glad someone asked about the tip because I had no idea what to tip for something like this.

We have been on several leaving from Wilderness Lodge and also Yacht Club area. Both were really great. Have been at 7am and 10am. In Dec we go at 10am as it can be super cold at 7am and being from the Southwest -- cold isn't very popular at our house. The later trip in the late spring, summer and early fall tends to be a little less productive in terms of catching fish.

The guides have always been great. They do a nice job. We typically get the 20% coupon (saves $54) and tip 20%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter