Bass fishing as part of MYW package?

BabyRN

DIS Veteran
I received my reservation email and it had something on it about bass fishing. I see on the disney site that fishing discounts are part of the MYW package. Does anyone know what this is for the bass fishing? I think it might be something my husband would be interested in. Thanks for any info you can share!

I have never been bass fishing anywhere. ;) However from what little I have heard about it at WDW is Bay Lake is a catch and release lake, and is suppose to be a great spot for bass fishing.

I found this on the Disney web site under recreation/fishing:

Catch-and-release fishing on excursions and dockside fishing are available at select Disney Resort marinas throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Enjoy a 2 hour private excursion or simply fish the old-fashioned way, dockside.

Fishing Excursions
Cast out your line and reel in the fun on a 2-hour fishing excursion on the lakes of Walt Disney World Resort. Embark on a guided bass fishing excursion—available year-round—with up to 4 friends aboard a 21-foot Tracker pontoon boat.

All Walt Disney World Resort Guided Fishing Excursions include:

•An experienced guide
•Rod and reel
•Tackle
•Artificial and live bait
•Beverages (Guests may not bring beverages, food or coolers aboard)
•One year BASS (Bass Anglers Sportsman Society) membership, which includes 11 issues of Bassmaster Magazine (One membership per excursion)

Fishing Excursion times and prices:

•7:00 a.m. - $260
•10:00 a.m. - $260
•1:30 p.m. - $230 (for solo fishers)

Extended excursions are also available (additional fees apply).

Fishing Excursions take place along the following Walt Disney World Resort waterways:

•Bay Lake
•Seven Seas Lagoon
•Village Lake
•Crescent Lake
•World Showcase Lagoon

Guided Fishing Excursions are available at the following marinas:

•The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
•The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
•Disney's BoardWalk Resort
•Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
•Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
•Disney's Contemporary Resort
•Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
•Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
•Disney's Old Key West Resort
•Disney's Polynesian Resort
•Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
•Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
•Disney's Wilderness Lodge
•Disney's Yacht Club Resort
•Downtown Disney® Marketplace

Call (407) 939-BASS or (407) 939-2277 to make a reservation or simply book Your Fishing Excursion online now and a Fishing Coordinator will contact you in 12 - 24 hours.

Dockside Fishing
For a more casual fishing environment, Dockside Fishing at Walt Disney World Resort is also available—without advance reservations—at the following Resort locations:

•The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
•The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
•Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

DH did a trip in May 08. Had a great time. caught the biggest bass of his life. He only caught one fish in the 2 hour trip though. He went out at the 1:30 trip. He said he would do it again only if he could have a earlier time.

As an aside, he fished on the river outside of Port Orleans. He loved it so much we are planning our next trip there. He said you get to see some really fun parts of the property that way.

Sorry about the hijack but we have a 4 hour fishing excursion planned for Jan and I'm wondering if we tip the captian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter