Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Call me up. We'd meet you guys for pizza. :goodvibes

I've been on an eggplant pizza and buffalo pizza kick lately, but I usually don't get too adventurous.

I can't wait! popcorn::

LOL I've had Chi-town pizza and I don't care for it. I am a thin crust type of guy. popcorn:: :lmao:

LOL No rock... just 4 feet of snow!!!!! :rotfl2:

I knew a lot of the countries had them, but I didn't realize that France had one too. I am usually looking for the next beer in the WS, not the next movie. :rotfl2:

Eggplant and buffalo sounds good! Joe would NEVER. I'm going to tell him about that right now to catch his reaction.

He shook his head, laughed and said, "No." :laughing: He then added, "That would be my last choice. I'd rather have mushroom" and this man HATES mushrooms. :rotfl: Still sounds good to me though!

I'm good with thin or thick crust. Chicago has the pie thing going on-the double crust/stuffed, so it's a whole different animal to me.

*sigh*

Your last update is making me want to go back to BWI right this minute!!

I so loved that location. I think I am forever spoiled!

We always do the bakery in France. It's been a tradition since the late 80s. We knew it was there before it was in the guide books! :rotfl: Can't believe y'all've never done it before!

In Joe's defense, the eclairs, imho, are so much better from the bakery in France than anywhere I've had them. Course having never been to France or NYC, I don't have a lot to compare them too!

I love Impressions de France!! It's my favorite film. I like O Canada and the China one but we never do them because you have to stand up and I get dizzy with the 360 degree theater!

The Norway film is ok. We used to skip it but we actually sat through it the last two times. As I'm getting older, I'm starting to appreciate things I thought were so lame growing up. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Via Napoli!! So glad you guys got to try it! Can't wait to tell you about our experience there... but that'll be a while since I'm just now getting started on December's TR!

Can't wait to join in on your PTR ! Love planning along! Can't believe I'm already itching to plan another trip.

Wait... who am I kidding? Of course I can believe it! I'm so addicted!

It's a good thing I have something to plan for such as ....oh....a new baby coming in June?!

Hope you guys are doing well and staying warm!

I am spoiled by the Boardwalk as well! That location is amazing, isn't it? Especially with strollers. Love, love, love it. We are going to be VERY spoiled on our upcoming with a split between BWV and BLT. Now if they would just make a path from AKL to AK...:laughing:

How soon do you plan on taking your little Violet? When I think about having a second child Disney definitely comes to mind on how I would plan trips around a baby! :rolleyes1

I wanted to add something important to this which I learned during my own resale purchase. I just bought a resale contract in November and while I was waiting for Disney to decided on their right of refusal, the first rumors about a change for resale contracts appeared. Of course I was immediately rather woried and I learned two things from the discussions on the DVC board which I followed closely:

1) The only thing that is GUARANTEED is that you can stay at your home resort, being able to book other DVC resorts is only a "perk" which can be withdrawn by DVC any time they wish, regardless of you whether you bought direct or resale. It might be unlikely that they will do it, but in order to be able to vacation at WDW it is very adviseable to book at WDW.

2) Availability at WDW might decrease if and when they build even more resorts outside of WDW. People buying there might want to book at WDW more than WDW owners at those outside properties. The number of rooms at WDW is a fixed number and the more people can compete about it, the less availability there will be.

And finally unrelated to this, but regarding prices. When buying DVC it is really important to take dues into account as well. If you look at a timeframe of at least another 30 years (the first DVCs expire in 2042) it will make a difference wether you pay 6.78 $ per point for Vero Beach or 4.98 $ for Old Key West (2011 annual dues rates). Of course the dues might go up differently over time, but Vero Beach is expensive because of its beach location which has high insurance rates and needs lots of maintanance.

The most common suggestion on the DVCboards seems to be: buy either where you really want to stay or buy where you would not mind to stay. I think the buy where you don't mind to stay is the best advice!!

And, Lovemy3babes, I used the Timeshare Store which Brook already recommended to you and they were wonderful to work with! I can highly recommend them!

I didn't realize that about your first point! I had NO idea it was considered a "perk". I truly hope they never take that away, I love trying all the resorts! Though, I am quite pleased with owning at AKL due to the choices there...value to concierge. Plus, Jambo with wonderful sit-downs and a CS, or Kidani with an impressive, child-friendly, pool area. I would be disappointed if they took away this perk, but staying at AKL isn't too shabby. ;)

And very good point on number two. ::yes:: That is very, very true. The outside resorts do create more competition, since usually the ultimate place people want to visit when purchasing Disney Vacation Club is DISNEY!

Chances are we will buy a small re-sale contract a few years from now. I can see us buying into BWV, WLV, or BLT. BLT has really low dues, which is nice for that monthly bill!

Thanks for your input Magdalene. We did some research before we bought, but not a ton...it was a more emotional, "We want this!" purchase. I don't regret it for a minute, but I DO wish we didn't have a loan on it. Hopefully that will disappear within a couple years.

I wanted to post my reply to your wonderful update in a separate post from all the technical DVC stuff!

Via Napoli looks really nice and I might break my rule about not eating at European restaurants in Epcot for it! I would have loved the pizza you got! :love:

I had a good laugh on the t-shirt label! :lmao: I think for it to be authentic it would have been cotton from Turkey, made in Romania. ;) But I never saw the origin of the cotton to be labled seperately in any clothing bought here in Europe - I guess it is just written on the lable for the sake of the American consumer so that they can feel good about it. Like the "designed in California, assembled in China" on my IPhone.

I bet you are very right about the American label-many Americans are proud when they buy American made products, so just adding those few words might boost sales! I didn't even realize that about the iPhone...that is even funnier than the t-shirt since it was only DESIGNED here. :laughing:

I'm bummed you didn't get to hang with LL this trip- but like you say, you're both there enough that I'm sure your paths will cross eventually.

That pizza looked mighty fine! but I agree... a hefty price for a pizza. It's the Disney way... ;)

I absolutely enjoyed the France movie! Top notch in every way- especially that amazing music!!

Great update, Brook!

Oh! And that chandelier...totaly reminds me of that hideous thing in our room at the Moose Hotel in Nurnberg!

That is true about the "Disney way". I can't believe some of the prices they charge. Yet, when I'm there, I don't even hardly look-I'll happily fork over that much! :rolleyes: I keep thinking about this upcoming trip and our budget and it makes me a bit worried...eating out for two weeks at Disney. :eek: Yet I know, when we get there, I won't care. We have the money set aside, it's what it's planned for and being used for--why should I worry or care? Indulge and enjoy!! (and eat breakfast in the room most mornings...:laughing:)

I don't remember your chandelier from the Moose Hotel....I might have to go back and look that up!

Via Napoli looks so good! I wanted to eat there in Dec., but it didn't work out. Maybe next time.

I didn't know the theater in France would let strollers in. We are always looking for things we can do during stroller naps. I bet Henry was surprised to wake up in France. :goodvibes

It was very tasty! We might end up eating there again this trip-I can see us trying for a walk-up at some point.

Yep, they had no problem with us wheeling the stroller right in! The other thing we like to do during stroller naps is hit up the thrill rides using the Baby Swap/Fast Passes. Usually in the AM when we first get there we'll grab ONE FP for one of the thrill rides, then walk over to another thrill ride and get a FP with the other adult pass. Then we use Baby Swap pass for the other person. Does that make sense? It's a great way to spend nap time. :laughing:

OK, I should not have looked at your update before dinner! Now I am even more hungry than I already am. :rotfl: I'm glad to hear Via Napoli was good. I'm so looking forward to eating there on our trip. And all the French pastries, mmmmmm.

Are you guys going to go for the pizza? I haven't read much about the pasta dishes, but they sound yummy too!

We will be going back to that little bakery in France! I want that apple tart NOW. :rolleyes1

That pizza looks great. Every picture I see from there looks good. And the bakery. I must get some chocolate mousse!

Have you had the chocolate mousse before? Is it heavy? I'm a bit picky about chocolate, so I'm always nervous to get something like that.

I had mixed emotions sitting here reading your update, loved hearing about Via Napoli and your evening in Epcot, but depressed because I should totally be there right now! :sad: Don is in Orlando this week for his company's national meeting. I kicked around the idea of going with him, but we decided that there was just too much going on this week with the kids. Of course, I just got the call that we will have our 4th snow day in a row tomorrow - we ALL could have gone along and the boys and I should be enjoying Epcot ourselves right now instead of sitting in the house playing our 970th round of dominos :headache:

Ok, rant over :laughing:

Seriously, your pizza looked really good! As did the goodies in the case at the bakery in France - yum!

Mom & I really enjoyed the movie in France, it was so beautiful, made me want to visit someday too.

Oh no, glowing clown pictures - yikes! :scared1:

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWFUL!!!! :hug::hug::hug: :sad1::sad2: I would be so mad and depressed!!!! UGH. Awful, awful.

Thankfully you have that cruise to look forward to though, so that hopefully eases the pain a teeny bit!

I'll be sure to warn before posting the glowing pictures. :rotfl:

I understand. I could eat all the time. Even when I just ate lol

So cool that you won the photo session!

I wanna go to WDW too. No fair! :P

At Disney it's so easy to eat, eat, eat. And most everything is so yummy!

1017310908_nyE7a-L.jpg

The chandelier in the lobby of Via Napoli.

This is WAY cool! :thumbsup2

1017208224_BDTN3-L.jpg

The pizza ovens.

I love these because...science geek info ahead... Stromboli, Vesuvio and Etna are all Italian volcanoes! Very nice touch for nerds like me :laughing:

I forgot that those were volcanoes! I remember reading about it just before Via Napoli opened, but couldn't remember what they were when posting. Very, very cool.

I want New York pizza now. By the way, we are looking into visiting New York. No idea when but I'm researching and looking at things. We mostly settled into taking the train. Not the cheapest, but so not as expensive as a flight. We'd be arriving at Penn Station and might be staying at a Hilton on 34th street. Do you have the address of the new Disney store?

:yay: Let me know when you have your dates picked, we will totally meet up!!! I love the idea of taking the train...I think the train is so relaxing and enjoyable. I prefer it over flying.

The Disney Store is right in the middle of Times Square - you can't miss it. It's probably something like 44th & 7th. It's very close to the Hilton on 34th - walking distance!

When we ate at Via Napoli in December we were in the outdoor section, but they had glass up. It was chilly outside, so maybe it was just temporary.

Oh interesting! I would really enjoy that when it was chilly out - you are sorta outside, but not. :thumbsup2

Lovely evening in World Showcase! The best meals are the ones that aren't planned and you have to work your whole schedule around to get to. Glad you were able to walk-in to Via Napoli. Looks pretty good! :thumbsup2

Haha, that would so be me! I love to be in the heat! I soak in as much sun and heat as I can, even when it's 105 degrees JUST to be able to get through these winters!

I wish we could do all walk-ups. I never really felt that way until I've been planning this 2 week adventure and we just really want to go with the flow--which is hard to do when you have to set ADRs! I've been half tempted to just cancel all our ADRs (except Chef Mickey's breakfast!) and try doing all walk-ups. But, I've resisted. :laughing:

That's amazing! I just pour, pour, pour when it's that hot and I'm eating hot food. :sad2: I wish I could adapt better to heat!

That's what Jill said when we had all those snow days! If we had known, we could have gone to see Trent.

Brook, great pictures - all of them. The pizza does look good, but you're right, a bit costly.

I took a picture of the fish doorknobs once. Glad to see others appreciate Disney doorknobs. :laughing:

I very much enjoy Impressions de France. The music is so soothing. I can't go when I am tired, or I almost fall asleep.

Disney doorknobs are fantastic! I love those little details. :cloud9:

What a shame about all those snow days you guys have been having...and to think about making them up when the weather is nice again. Blah!! Is it still crazy down there, or has it warmed up finally? It's in the 40s here today! :woohoo:

I'm starving over here & looking at the pics of your pizza & the France bakery is killing me!
I have never seen any of the films before. I would like to see one now!

It's in Times Square. Impossible to miss, really. Not sure what Avenues the Hilton is between but just walk up 7th Ave to about 46th street, 47th street and you'll be in Times Square. (The "streets" are short blocks so it's not that far of a walk at all)

Yep, exactly! :goodvibes It's a very close walk. Penn Station area is a great location for a hotel because you will have access to lots of trains, it's totally safe, and you have walking distance to lots of stuff. Even Central Park isn't that far.

Yup...gotta agree with Tim on this one. Italian girl, born and raised in CT...New Haven pizza is the best. Now, I am looking forward to our ADR at Via Napoli, as I can appreciate pizza in many different forms, particularly if there's broccoli rabe involved... but I heard they took that off the menu because it wasn't selling. Too bad. I love broccoli rabe.

I completely agree about the bakery in France...best use of a snack credit ever. :cloud9:

Again, I agree on the thin crust...and a pizza Dismeet would be awesome! :thumbsup2

Brook, I also have to comment on your experience with the films. They are beautiful and one thing I'm hoping Max will sit through when we go. We only saw the one in China last time, but I really want to see the French one this time. They are so cool. One of my lasting memories of EPCOT from when I went in the 80's as a little kid. :goodvibes

They took the entire pizza off the menu? No sausage? :sad1: I loooooove sausage on my pizza!

A pizza DISMeet would be awesome! We do plan to head that way eventually! There are so many places on the east coast we want to visit.

Henry sat easily through the whole France film--though, he was sleeping for the first while and then was kinda in that "half awake/drowsy" mode. But, I think since they are so BIG, it's a new experience to a child, so they get caught up in it just like we adults too! And it's always worth a shot...when I'm not certain if Henry will sit through something I make sure to have a distraction item (now, usually my iPhone) handy--just in case!

My daughter Marlene has a thing for France for some reason. She's taking French class and has Eiffel Tower items decorating her room (a picture, jewelry tree, etc.). If I had taken her into that France movie, she would've been begging me for a plane ticket, I'm sure. But we may have to check it out next time.

:laughing: be prepared to be begged and pleaded with! It's a beautiful film! And you might have more than just Marlene begging!

I think many young girls go through a "France" phase. Several of my close girlfriends in high school did-one is still obsessed. She saved her money for years to finally visit and she loved every second of it!

I think that pizza looks delish!

Via Napoli has some really cool and creative decor. I am looking forward to my visit there in May.

You got some great shots of Italy. Those pillars remind me of exactly the same thing - the Segway tour. That was so fun.

I am glad you liked the movie in France. I love all the movies. I think they are all so well done. I like France best because you can sit down! :rotfl:

Yeah for a night time swim!

Another great update. I feel bad that you and LL never hooked up. I also feel pretty special that I got to meet her.

I enjoyed the decor of Via Napoli. It was different-not quite as cozy as I expected, but had a clean, fresh feel.

I wish LL and I would have met up! But it just wasn't happening this trip-we both would have been going off what we wanted to do/off our relaxing tour plans. I do hope our paths cross again in the future though!

I thought the same thing!!!! :lmao:

I enjoyed the France movie as well. The Canada movie is hosted by Martin Short so it is funny.

When I did the the Segway tour, Italy was being used for a wedding so we went through Morocco. Those tiny alleys were interesting to navigate.

Oooh, the tiny alleys would be fun!!

Many people have mentioned the Canada film - that one is top of the list for this coming trip. I hope to hit them all, but Canada will be number one!

Might be an expensive decision then to check out the movie! :goodvibes

:rotfl: That is what I was thinking too! Marlene might not be the only one begging by the end of the film either!

Bless little henry's heart! The snap of him asleep warms my heart!

I can't wait to try the pizza! I heart Italia! Maybe the pizza will get better with the ovens seasoning and use? We can hope! :-)

Oooh, good point about the ovens becoming seasoned. ::yes:: I bet you are right. Yummmmm.

There is something so wonderful about little ones sleeping, isn't there?

I mean, other than it being FINALLY quiet... ;)

Thank you BOTH so much. I might wander over there and take a peek. ;) This might be a mistake but it's fun to look and wish and hmmm....perhaps investigate further. :thumbsup2

Your welcome! It never hurts to investigate and gather information. :teeth:

I was way behind...it always takes me forever to catch up on TRs after I've been away!

I love the picture of Henry with Tweedles Dum & Dee! How adorable! And how great that he got to ride Soarin' again!

Now that I'm in the process of planning a WDW trip with a 3-year-old for April, I feel like I need to re-read your whole TR from the beginning! :goodvibes

It takes me forever to catch up even though I'm here everyday! :laughing: How was your trip?

Isn't that Tweedle Dee & Dum picture hilarious? I had forgotten about that one until just a couple weeks before I posted the update here. I laughed so hard when I saw it! I love that Henry will sometimes cooperate and pose for pics. :lmao: He's gonna hate me as a teenager!

Oooh, it's a whole new world with a little one in tow! Some things are wonderfully better-you do sense more magic...and somethings are much harder! Are you taking a niece/nephew? I am sure you have posted about this on your thread, but well...I'm always behind and can't seem to keep things straight lately! :rolleyes:

mmmm....the chocolate mousse! I actually tried chocalte mousse for the first time in paris! And I :love: it! The pizza looks good but I wanted pizza tonight for dinner anyways! LOL!

Another vote for that mousse! Is it heavy, or light and fluffy?

Yum for the pizza and the France bakery treats! I had no idea there was a France movie! Great pictures as usual - I love all the little details. :thumbsup2

It is a bit hidden, toward the back of the pavilion. It's a BIG theater though! I would never have guessed that was hidden back in there!

What a great update!
Your pictures of the Italian pavilion are beautiful!
That film in France is one of the first things I remember about our '06 WS wanderings....
Megan was all about anything french...:cutie:

That little bakery is my favorite CS in Epcot. I love that it's so close to where we typically stay and we can take our food back plus they have really good dessert!
The creme brulee is awesome!

Ooooh, I like that idea--grab some food in France and walk back to the resort for some balcony time. :cloud9:

I was so behind! :eek:

Congrats on winning the photo session! That's fabulous! :thumbsup2

I am in absolute love over all your photos of the Italy pavilion and Via Napoli! I really can't wait to see that restaurant in person! I just know I am going to love dining there!

Those strawberry tarts would have caught my eye in France. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the glowing clown! :laughing:

I was posting quick there for a few days...now it's back to normal. :laughing: I am DETERMINED to finish this by this weekend!!! I have to!

Via Napoli really adds to the pavilion I think, it's a beautiful building.

Everything in those pics now catch my eye...I so regret not getting something more exciting! But at the time, I just wasn't feeling it. I will be trying something different this trip!!! That apple tart is topping my current list....

It is on the 4 parks CD.

I also heard it once in our local grocery store. I was having a stressful day and walked to pick up something for lunch and I instantly took a deep breath and relaxed. I stood there for a moment, mentally going to Disney for a few moments, and then was able to continue my day. :cloud9:

It is?! Hmmmm! I now have that CD, but haven't listened to it in a while...I'm thinkin' I'll have to pull it out again for some France!

How very cool that you heard it in the grocery store! LOVE THAT!!!

I'm just a lurker, but I had to come out of hiding to say OMG Grimaldi's. We live right down the street from the Hoboken location, and it's definitely the best pizza ever. Glad to hear you're a fan as well. Your pizza at Via Napoli looks pretty good as well though.

Hey!!! Thanks for posting!!!

And ohmyword. I would have sooooo many problems living down the street from Grimaldi's! DROOL! We eat pizza enough as it is! :rotfl:

Via Napoli is good, certainly the best pizza on property.

Oh that pizza looks good! I love brocoli rabe, but not sure I really want it on my pizza either. Still, it looks very yummy.

I really enjoy the France movie, I enjoy the AC in there just as much, perhaps more! :rotfl:

It sounds like a night so far!

Ah yes, that AC. I so understand! It's a nice, cool break from the hot sun. I can see it being a good napping place!

Sounds like another lovely and relaxing time at WS! To bad you didn't get to meet up with LL and Marc!

Night swimming with George the creepy clown! :eek:

It was! Very chill and relaxing wandering...:cloud9: I was bummed not to meet up with LL, but it would have required both of us pushing-and both of us were focusing on relaxing instead. It was a good move. But I hope our paths cross again on a future trip!

I will warn prior to the creepy clown pics! :goodvibes

I was way behind due to taking a break from the Dis, but I really enjoyed getting caught up with your report. Henry is such and cutie. His expressions are just priceless.

I'm hoping we get a chance to try Via Napolis someday. I have yet to catch the movie in France but we did see the Canada movie on our last trip. It was the second time for DH and I but a first for the rest of our group. I'm hoping to see a different movie each trip. I haven't seen the movie in China since my very first visit in the 80s :eek:

My 20 year old daughter went to New York with her boyfriend the week after New Years. It was her first trip and she loved it! She did end of having to stay an extra day due to the snow. At first she called me in tears but it ended up being a blessing. The went to see Letterman and saw Wicked on their extra day.

Glad to see you back!! I was gone for about a month too-real life just get so busy sometimes, you have to break away to focus. I feel like I need to be here now, trying to get this wrapped up so I can start the PTR to get all my trip thoughts out-it helps me focus! Right now I hardly feel like I have planned for the trip in 3 weeks! :eek:

So glad to hear your DD loved New York!!! It's a wonderful City with so much to see and do. Very cool that she got stranded for an extra day--and what a way to spend it! :thumbsup2 I haven't ever done the Letterman show - or anything like it, but someday. And Broadway...love, love, love it!\

You are welcome! I would also recommend to check out the DVC Operations board here on the DIS, it does not move very fast and there are lots of interesting threads about why to buy, why not to buy, where to buy, when to buy etc. I learned a lot from there! And www.dvcnews.com is a good source as well. :thumbsup2

I second both of those things! I have been on the DVC boards (mostly lurking) a lot more lately and have really learned a lot. I also visit DVCNews.com from time to time and have recently started to lurk a bit on another DVC board.

:dance3::dance3: for being in the teens. 22 days until the small world meet.

17 for me!!
:cool1::banana::cool1::banana: :cool1:

Thanks again!!! :goodvibes

Yippee!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks all for dancing with me!!!

I gotta get this TR DONE so I can start on the PTR! I can't even fully wrap my head around our plans because I haven't typed them all out yet. I'm finding a PTR is NECESSARY to my trip planning. :rotfl:

DSCN8497.jpg

Similar, not??

Oh wow.

That is....interesting. :laughing: And yes, I can see the resemblance! Thankfully the one at Via Napoli is just slightly more tasteful!

I'm starving over here & looking at the pics of your pizza & the France bakery is killing me!
I have never seen any of the films before. I would like to see one now!

Those pictures will make even the fullest stomach growl I think! I look forward to devouring one of those bakery items in the near future. :yay:

Thank you so much for posting pics of Via Napoli. I booked an ADR there and am even more excited after seeing your pictures.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the film in France. John slept through the entire thing but I really liked it.

Hey Brook!!! Just finished reading your updates from Epcot & the Boardwalk!!! :goodvibes

The pics of Henry on the Boardwalk are too cute! I like how he pretends to be a train! It reminds me alot of my little Luke, of course!

The DVC thing sounded really fun...and congrats on winning the photo session!!!! How exciting!!!! Also glad that Joe was able to get his hat! It looks like Henry liked the hats as well!

I love the movie in France. I keep telling my husband I want to move to Florida. After I saw that, I told him that I'm moving to France with or without him! :laughing: It really does look beautiful there!

I read alot of the tags on the "authentic merchandise" in the various giftshops at World Showcase! I was surprised at how many weren't made in the country that was selling them! LOL

LOOOOOVE the bakery in France! I just realized something after looking at your pictures! I suggest to practically everyone I know...NO, I MAKE everyone I know visit the France bakery on their trips! Yet I've never once been inside the bakery! I always stay outside with the stroller while my husband goes inside. Its because I always get the chocolate mousse so I know what I want ahead of time, but he always gets something different. I let him go inside so he can make up his mind! Now that I see all those choices, I think I'm going inside next trip!!! Yes I'll probably still get chocolate mousse but maybe I'll persuade Luke to pick out something for him & mommy to share! :lmao:

Also, counting down the days for you until your next trip!!!!!!

:dance3: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3:

Happy Teen Dancing!!! :banana:

I am currently going from :hyper: to :scared1: and back again when I think about the trip!

Thank you so much for posting pics of Via Napoli. I booked an ADR there and am even more excited after seeing your pictures.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the film in France. John slept through the entire thing but I really liked it.

Your welcome! I am sure you will enjoy your ADR there, it gets very good reviews all around too. :thumbsup2

Why am I not surprised John slept through the whole thing???? :rotfl:

Hey Brook!!! Just finished reading your updates from Epcot & the Boardwalk!!! :goodvibes

The pics of Henry on the Boardwalk are too cute! I like how he pretends to be a train! It reminds me alot of my little Luke, of course!

The DVC thing sounded really fun...and congrats on winning the photo session!!!! How exciting!!!! Also glad that Joe was able to get his hat! It looks like Henry liked the hats as well!

I love the movie in France. I keep telling my husband I want to move to Florida. After I saw that, I told him that I'm moving to France with or without him! :laughing: It really does look beautiful there!

I read alot of the tags on the "authentic merchandise" in the various giftshops at World Showcase! I was surprised at how many weren't made in the country that was selling them! LOL

LOOOOOVE the bakery in France! I just realized something after looking at your pictures! I suggest to practically everyone I know...NO, I MAKE everyone I know visit the France bakery on their trips! Yet I've never once been inside the bakery! I always stay outside with the stroller while my husband goes inside. Its because I always get the chocolate mousse so I know what I want ahead of time, but he always gets something different. I let him go inside so he can make up his mind! Now that I see all those choices, I think I'm going inside next trip!!! Yes I'll probably still get chocolate mousse but maybe I'll persuade Luke to pick out something for him & mommy to share! :lmao:

Also, counting down the days for you until your next trip!!!!!!

:dance3: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3:

Henry does love that DVC hat! He calls it his "Mickey Hat" and enjoys to wear it. It's coming with us on this next trip too!

Just from hearing about Magdalene's experiences and tour through the Germany pavilion (that is where she lives), I realized how many things were NOT German at all! In general most tourists wouldn't have a clue though!

How is that chocolate mousse? So many people here have recommended it, it seems to be a favorite! I think I might have to try it too! That apple tart is calling my name though. The bakery is teeny tiny, but lots of goodness inside! :goodvibes I like your plan of persuading Luke to get one and sharing! ::yes::

We left off after we had returned to the Boardwalk after a fun, relaxing, and tasty evening at Epcot.

The glowing clown awaited us.

We went up to the room and quickly made our way back down to the pool. Henry was more than ready to get right in. It was so fun playing and enjoying the pool with him! If the weather cooperates this coming trip, there will be plenty of pool time. Henry is already looking forward to the "little kid water slides" they have at the pools!

Now for all you who fear clowns....beware! Scroll quickly!!!

1017170675_Kz2MY-L.jpg

Teaching Henry how to kick his legs, while George the clown glows above us-his mouth open wide ready to chomp us into bits....;)

I made my sweet innocent baby go over near the clown!!!!

:rotfl:

1017226805_Fu7wN-L.jpg

After a short while in the big pool, Henry wanted to go over to the kiddy side. This was the theme of the night. Big pool, little pool, big pool, little pool...we eventually had to tell him he couldn't switch anymore because he would want to switch after about 22 seconds. :rolleyes:

1017146206_jHspR-L.jpg

Kiddy pool swimmin'

1017315850_W3ZP7-L.jpg

He LOVED jumping off the sides of the pool into Joe's arms.

It made me hold my breath every.single.time. I'm such a pansy of a Mom! :rolleyes:

1017277290_vPsvD-L.jpg

The cute little elephant is supposed to shoot water from his trunk, but he was never on while we were there.

1017287693_6sr6j-L.jpg

1017356732_TU8JJ-L.jpg

Just before we were about to wrap up for the night I decided I had to get into a pic with George in all his glowtastic wonder!!!

1017177879_89haZ-L.jpg

And yes, that young girl is standing on the closed slide...:confused3

And BEWARE!!!!

A CLOSE-UP of those craZy eyes!!!

1017238205_Tpoji-L.jpg

:rotfl2:

Sorry, I just had to. It's so odd and just plain weird!!! But, I love George! I love the resort! I don't mind those glowing eyes one bit. George and I, we are buddies now and I can't wait to see him again in 19 days!

We bundled up in our towels,

1017361924_VSR4p-L.jpg

re-entered the very well air-conditioned Boardwalk and RAN to our room. Brrr! It's so cold in that air-conditioning when you are wet!!!

The rest of the evening was simple-showers, baths, and bed.

It was a wonderful way to end our last night at the beautiful Boardwalk!

So cute!

My kids still talk about the pool at CBR - even though they hated the hotel room. After we checked in they asked where the rest of our hotel was! :rotfl: But they certainly loved the pool slide! Unfortunately there isn't a decent slide at Vistana... great pools but no slides! We may have to try out a new resort next time around. :confused3

What a great way to end to a day and a trip.

I never did go down the slide when we stayed at the Boardwalk. Must correct that some day. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter