Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Restrauntasauris (sp?) used to have the Donald breakfast before Tushker house went to TS. Only breakfast though, then was CS for the rest of the day.

I can remember our first trip to AK. It was 1999, and Paige and Michael were my "kids" then. Just a mom of 2 at that point. The only things in Dinoland was Dinosaur and the play/dig site. It was completely open. I haven't been "in" it since, but I see it has treees all around it now. This thing was completely open and you could see into it as you walked by. Dinosaur also had an outside queue at the time too. I don't remember if it had the "movie or not. I am thinking it was playing on TVs that were randomly mounted through out the line. So while you waited, you watch it. And it went around the back side ofthe ride, I think. I remember it being REALLY long! It had just opened and we waited for about 2 hours. They must've still been working on the hold room at that point. I was amazed how different it was when we went over there in the last few years. I wish I would've taken pictures of the outside area back then.

Her's a picture of Paige at the dig site though. Her goal was to uncover the whole dinosaur!

06-06-201010_54_19AM.jpg

Ive been away since school started, and yours was the first report I needed to find!! BLT was next on our list but now I'll be adding BW as well! LOL!!

Soooooo excited for your 15 day stay!!!!!!I cant wait to read all about it.

Many prayers coming for your friends and family during the aftermath of the flooding...I cant begin to imagine:(

Hi, Brook. We are back and I'm going to try to catch up on your TR tomorrow or Friday. It's amazing how far behind we get when away. I've started my TR (linked in my signature), but I want to spend the next day catching up on all of my subscribed threads.

And for those of you who care/haven't been in here before - it's not actually sand, it's kind of this weird pill material that does not get the kids dirty. Mommy likes.

This is so good to know. I really don't like sand, so that has been one reason why we never ventured that way. You would have thought though with a little boy and 4 trips to Disney World, that we would have made it over there. We are just always so busy at AK. We never go there for more than one day, so we tend to rush it. Maybe this next time we can make it over there. And now that I know about the sand, I will be more excited about it.

When I got over to EE the wait time was actually a tad higher, but I noticed the Single Riders Line was open, so in I went! There were only about 5 people in front of me but the line didn't move very fast. It was probably 15 minutes before I got on.

I love the single rider line. Last time we were there, I rode it two times with less than a 5 minute wait each time. Well the second time might have been more but only because I let someone go in front of me, because I wanted to be paired up with this single rider waiting in the front row only line. I saw her by herself and I asked her if she was for sure alone and I took that opportunity to ride in the front row. If you haven't gotten a chance to do that, you really need to. It is awesome. I'm hoping this time that my DS will be tall enough. He is measuring 43.5 inches right now, with no shoes. So I'm thinking we will be fine. I hope he will love it. He loved BTMR last trip and says he wants to do it 6 times this trip, double what he did last time.

Thanks for all the pictures of the playground! Since I don't have kids this is an area that I never explored and I loved getting a glimpse of it. It is so wel themed. And Henry must really love it!! :goodvibes

He went running off through the playground - he remembered EXACTLY where to go, which surprised both Joe and I, we hadn't been in here for a year!
Ah! The glorious sand pit! :rolleyes:

1005679620_5SGdc-M.jpg

As you can already see there are buckets and shovels at the Dig Site for kids to play with. :thumbsup2

And for those of you who care/haven't been in here before - it's not actually sand, it's kind of this weird pill material that does not get the kids dirty. Mommy likes.

I was looking at a little dino excavation kit at the book store yesterday, and it had those same little bitty pebble-type things.

It is amazing what they remember. Once when Brooklynn was really little, we walked past a place and she told me that's where you get biscuits. We had eaten biscuits there on the trip before, but I sure didn't think she was aware enough to remember it.

According to the backstory on this area, 1947 is when the dinosaur bones were found. Don't know if it's just some random year they picked or if it goes deeper.

I just found your TR and read through all the links! Great TR so far! Henry is too cute!
Cant wait to read more! :goodvibes

Coincidentally, I just put up a picture of your Pop window from this summer on our From Pop to the Top report. :laughing:

Fun in the sand!:goodvibes I like the fact that it's not true sand to not dirty the kids too much. They really think of everything, don't they?:worship:

I'll have to try EE at night if we get a chance next trip, I'll bet it's a totally different experience. I've never been to AK for EMH, somehow I'm only able to get DH to go here once. I know it's not his favorite park, but I could honestly stay here all day and all night.:)

The single rider line on EE is stupendous, isn't it? :) if you don't mind riding without your group, it's a great way to go!

Henry had such fun digging -how great! That is a great spot, I'll have to remember that for November. :)

Well, when we figured out what we wanted to eat I noticed the kids meals come IN A SAND BUCKET and with a shovel!
I was surprised at the bucket and shovel - no other Disney CS does that, that I know of.

Very cool that Henry was able to get his bucket and shovel! When we stayed at the Beach Club in 2007, the CS place by the pool gave their kids' meals in buckets, too. :thumbsup2

Funny story, DD was almost 4 that trip and she was wearing a brand new denim skort! I didn't realize it was a bit to big for her! When she was walking back from the buffet with me her skort fell down! She was behind me so I didn't see it! A lady pointed it out to me and I turned around, there was little DD shuffling along with her skort down around her ankles, holding her plate with both hands! :lmao::rotfl2:

:lmao: Oh my gosh, that is so funny! Your poor DD! :rotfl:

Hi, Brook. We're back and I'm going to spend tonight and tomorrow catching up on my subscribed threads...I can't believe how far behind I am (I started my TR if you are interested).
Thanks again for the help with the photopass.

Wow alot to catch up on can't wait to read what I missed while in disney!
Though when we were at the boardwalk I thought of your TR. And a fellow disser and I referenced your 5 minute wait for soarin' in your TR haha you're famous

Brook, loving the TR!! I'm so sorry for your family, I'll be lifting them in prayer this week. I can't imagine how hard that would be to go through, we flooded a lot here too recently, but I praise God it didn't flood our house. :worship: They called it a 100 year flood, I had never seen it rain like it did here. It was crazy, it was the effects from Tropical storm Hermine for us.

Little man looks so happy in the "sand." :cloud9:
I wondered about the date you mentioned too, and all I could find according to the date and excavations are a A LOT of sites reporting on many, many dig sites at that time discovering a great many things including prehistoric sites. So that may be the only thing it has to do with, but then again it's Disney so you never know! :laughing:
Even the dead sea scrolls were discovered then! Very fascinating information if you google the year and what signifigance did it have with excavations or archeological sites, you should get quiet a few links to look over. :goodvibes

Looks like Henry had a blast playing the the boneyard. This is another thing my now 11 year old still likes to do. It's a wonderful place to burn off some energy.

I love your boneyard update. What a cool place! I can honestly say that I haven't spent much time in there. I went in there with LJ last summer and I don't remember seeing all that cool stuff in the dark. Great pictures.

I would have been cracking up behind those two boys on EE. What a hoot! I love that ride!

First off...I'm so sorry to hear about your family and friend's homes. I will be keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. So sad!

And as for the tr...nice update! We have avoided the boneyard because I did not want to deal with sand during the trip! Petty, I know! But maybe we'll check it out now! haha
I also took advantage of the single rider line for EE last year. My husband doesn't care to ride it so we don't have to worry about a child swap there. I probably waited about 15 mins on the single rider line as well.

Okay, I am ALL caught up. Love the pics at Planet Watch and Henry with the goats (those goats must have a great temperament to have all of those people handling them all of the time). And the pictures of Henry in the boneyard are absolutely precious. We have never even stepped foot in Restaurantosaurs before...I think we'll have to take a look next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter