Baseball Spring Training at WDW?

disneyfuntime

Mouseketeer
Thinking of surprising my husband with a week at WDW for spring training. I believe it's in March but does anyone know the time period, I don't want to ask him to ruin my surprise. Has anyone done this? any suggestions are welcome

Thanks for your help

Yes, it is always the whole month of March. The Braves play at WWOS at WDW. We went to see a game last Mar for the 1st time. It was great. You can get really close to the field with most tickets. It reminds me of sitting at a minor league game where you are really close to the action but with major league players. The stadium is very nice also.

Tickets usually go on sale Jan 1 or close to that date. Schedules will be posted later this year. Check the Braves website and also sport events at WDW. Some weeks have more baseball than others. Early March will mean less spring breakers.

Have fun!

Yes, the regular season starts first week of April. Pitchers and cathers usually report last week in February. The Atlanta Braves train at WDW, but its only a short drive to Tampa to see the Yankees :teeth:

You're also only a quick 15 minute drive to Kissimmee, Osceola County stadium to be exact, where the Houston Astros have their spring training.

Great suggestions, Astro and Yankees. He's a real baseball fan and has always wanted to go to spring training. He likes the Yankees and the Giants. So maybe I'll try to do a day trip to Tampa too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter