Base Ticket vs. Park Hoppers

cdackbwv99

Earning My Ears
We are just about to order our tickets and I was wondering...there is only one day that we would plan on Park Hopping.

Can I use 2 days of a Base Ticket to go to 2 separate parks on the same day?

In other words, instead of a 6-Day Hopper, can I get a 7-Day Base Ticket and use two of the days on the one day we need to Parkhop?

I'm guessing "No" but is that "For Sure"???

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on an adult ticket, but charges $50 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Thanks for your help.

There is no point in me practicing my "Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't read the fine print on the back of the ticket" face.

16 people times $50...

Times are tough and we are really cutting corners to make this trip happen...however, I can't justify spending ~$800 to see Fantasmic.
We will appreciate it even more when we come back.

Can I use 2 days of a Base Ticket to go to 2 separate parks on the same day?

I think this is the 5th time in the past couple days someone has asked this :)

If you aren't sure you could use the park hopper, don't get it. You can always add it later (any time within 14 days of first use of the ticket) if you decide you need that feature. It's $50+tax to add it, regardless of how many days you have left. And you could add it only for those who might want to go - not everyone may need it.

But its $25 less than a single day base ticket to visit another park :)

Chesire Figment:
I just read your thread Everything About WDW Tickets

It was very informative.
Thank you for your time putting that together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter