Bars in Restaurants

bostontochicago

Earning My Ears
My BF and I just booked a very last minute DVC trip for mid February through early March, very excited! We both love food, drinks and fine dining in general. As I know ADRs will be a tough road at this point, I was thinking of restaurants that have bars that serve food. We have eaten at the bar in the Cali Grille, and that worked well. I know a lot of the restaurants don't even have bars, so I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions of restaurants with bars, if you can eat at them, even better! Thanks!

You can eat at the bar at the Flying Fish in the Boardwalk area, and also at Prime Time Cafe in Hollywood Studios. Also, I know that Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian has a bar and I assume that you could order off the menu there as well.

Have fun.....I love last minute trips!:goodvibes

Flying Fish has a counter in front of where the cooks are at, you can watch them cook while you dine. It's not an alcohol bar but a dining counter. Jiko has the same thing. I know a few months ago at FF they were allowing walkups to be seated at the counter.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club Resort last I knew.

Bill From PA

Thanks everyone! This is a great start, I am so looking forward to this trp after reading food reviews for the past 2 years! Any more suggestions are welcome. :goodvibes

Flying Fish serves the full menu at the bar.
Jiko serves the full menu in their bar area.
Raglan Road serves full menu at the bar.

All are great!

We've called the day and night before going to a park and gotten ADR's so don't give up hope!

Thanks everyone! I think I will try for an ADR or two, thanks for the advice. We don't mind eating late, so that may work. I am racking my brain trying to think of any EPCOT restaurants that even have a bar in them (other than Rose & Crown) and can't think of one. Am I wrong?

The Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club Resort last I knew.

The Yachtsman Steakhouse does not have a bar in the restaurant itself, but there is a doorway which connects the Steakhouse to the Crew's Cup lounge. Food can be ordered at the Crew's Cup, but I do not know if one can order off the Steakhouse menu if dining in the Crew's Cup.

The first time we ate at flying fish we called that day and got an adr. We have never had problems getting in to nine dragons either. Give it a try you might be surprised! Good luck! Kona I have also never had a problem getting into.

The Jiko "bar" (really, more of a counter) is great fun because you get to see them making all sorts of mouthwatering things. We've never been able to eat at the Prime Time bar because they let people sit there who are just waiting for tables but are not even ordering a drink, let alone food. I wish they would keep it for people who are ordering something as I think it would be fun to eat at the bar once. I'm in love with the comedy/tragedy masks on the wall in that area, so I think that's why ;)

The bar in Prime Time is my favorite thing about the Studios.:thumbsup2 I love stopping in there for a drink and snack - it is a great break. Although, you are right, it is usually quite crowded.

The Jiko "bar" (really, more of a counter) is great fun because you get to see them making all sorts of mouthwatering things. We've never been able to eat at the Prime Time bar because they let people sit there who are just waiting for tables but are not even ordering a drink, let alone food. I wish they would keep it for people who are ordering something as I think it would be fun to eat at the bar once. I'm in love with the comedy/tragedy masks on the wall in that area, so I think that's why ;)

Well, "bar" at Jiko can mean The Cooking Place" counter seating area like you were describing above. But it can also be literally the bar area off to the back and right inside the restaurant. You can sit at the real bar there and order off the menu, too.

I haven't eaten at the "real" bar, just "The Cooking Place" and loved it. But I have eaten at the bar, aka the Tune In Lounge at the 50's Prime Time. I had to be patient and wait for a party to be called and then swooped in for my seat.

So, there is an actual bar in Jiko, in addition to the Cooking Place? Thanks, Briar Rose - I did not realize that. That would be perfect. Yummy African wines and a full menu as well? We can't go wrong.:cool1:

Raglan Road. I saw people eating at the bar. But you should be able to get a reservation there. This was our favorite restaurant of the trip. We went twice. Reserve 7:45 and wait for the main dining room. The music and food is great. "It's not Bleedin Chowder" is amazing as is the bread pudding.

Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club - has a partial Yachtsman Steakhouse menu and another with a few items from Captain's Grill. Nice bar setting! Kim is an excellent server in there.

Have a great trip!!!

Rainforest Cafe --- both locations DTD and AK --- the full restaurant menu is available at the bar. And the bar is a really fun place to eat in those restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter