Barnstormer for 2.5 y.o.?

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
Seeking opinions on the Barnstormer for my 2.5 yo dd? Is it too fast/twisting? Is there a height requirement? How did your kids this age like it?

My ds rode it last year when he was 2.5. I don't remember if there was a height requirement, but he is on the tall side. He loved it!! He actually rode it twice. The first time was with dh, then he wanted to ride it with me. I thought it was pretty fast and jerky (for kids) so I was suprised he liked it so much. He still remembers it and says it's what he wants to do the most when we go back in 2wks.

Kelly
DS 3.5yo :earsboy:
DS 21mo :earsboy:

The height requirement is 35". My 2.5 yr. old just loved it! And it is a very very short ride. If your little one does happen to be scared by it then it is good that it is short. If he loves it like my son, then it is a very bad thing, LOL!

My son will turn 2 the week after we LEAVE WDW in November...and we are planning on taking him on Goofy's Barnstormer if he makes the height requirement! He only has about 2, 2.5 inches to go...we have 35 inches marked on the frame of our bathroom door! :rotfl2: He is a daredevil...I mean a full-blown, no-fear, "You mean I'm not 12 already???" kinda kid. :thumbsup2 I know he will just LOVE it! pirate: Hope he grows at a reasonable rate...he should just make it, then! Plus, we measure him barefooted, so he'll get at least half an inch from socks and shoes. :lmao:

DS rode it when he was 2 years 5 mo. I don't know if he was tall enough or not, DH carried him on the ride and I don't remember them measuring him. DD also rode it when she was 2 yr. 4mo. She was always kinda short for her age and I don't remember her being measured either. We kept our arm around them at that age to prevent from jerking too much.

We took my 2 1/2 year old in January and they stopped us at the entrance to measure her. The height requirement is 35 inches. She LOVED it. We looked like those mean parents that drag their kids on the scary rides and terrify their kids because when we had to get off she SCREAMED and cried because she didn't want to get off. She had the best time on it. She is a daredevil and wanted to ride Test Track but was too short.

I think many kids ride this one at 2.5 years old and do just fine. DS went on when he was 2 years 2 months and loved it. It is a very short ride so if they don't like it, at least it is over quick, lol! I wouldn't pick it as a first ride though because if it isn't a hit, she might not want to try anything else.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. DD is tiny and not 35", so I guess that settles that! Based on the responses, I think she would have liked it. She'll have to wait for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter