Barely made it through 18 days on DDP... How do people do deluxe?!?~UPDATED 8/2!!~

Never been there and the portions do look huge. I don't think that I would be able to eat all that either, but I have my daughter that always finishes my food.

Subscribing on an empty stomach... not a good move. I've got a rumbly tumbly now!!

Great reviews! you and your hubby are absolutely adorable! DH and I honeymooned at WDW in 2003. Can I just say, your rings caught my eye in that picture where you were looking at the dessert menu at 50's Prime Time! Beautiful!!!!!!! Congrats on your marriage and I look forward to reading the rest of your review!

Ok so after DH and I finished at 50's, we went back to Beach Club for some R & R before returning to Animal Kingdom for some evening EMH!! :cool1:As soon as we got there we just had to ride the safari bc they stop having tours at 7:30. We had a ADR for 6:15pm for Yak and Yeti so we knew we could only go on the safari before dinner. After a trip through Harambe we made our way to Asia for a good meal.

This was our second time to Yak and Yeti and we were very excited to go again. We arrived at 6:15 and were seated within 5 min. :thumbsup2We were seated this time down stairs in the first room on the left. Our waitor's name was Adam and he was a very nice guy, very entertaining:rotfl:. So here we go...
The menu!!
2009_071620080313.jpg

2009_071620080314.jpg

Yummy drinks... from left to right... Water, Yak Attack, Coke, and a Safari Amber Beer. I had the Yak Attack and a coke ( this is a theme for me of getting a coke and an alcholic beverage bc you get a non-alcholic bev with the DDP and i was sure to use it). The Yak Attack was super super yummy and sweet just the way i like my drinks. DH had the safari amber and loved every sip. I agree it was a good beer, a little different than the typical tasting beer. A great start so far!!
2009_071620080318.jpg

Onto the entrees...I had the oh so heavenly Baby Back Ribs!!!! OMG they literally fell off the bone... they were so tender and full of flavor. The rice was a wonderful touch but i didn't finish that because i wanted to finish the ribs. I couldn't finish my ribs though bc once again, HUGE portion!!! I tried my hardest though!!!
2009_071620080319.jpg

DH had the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp!! Such a nice presentation with some great flavor. DH raved about this meal and said its definitely towards the top of his list for favorite meals at a 1 credit TS!!! He was sad when that plate was empty, i'm sure he could have had another plate if they'd let him!!! I only had a bite of the steak bc i dont like shrimp but the steak was amazing!!!!
2009_071620080320.jpg

For dessert we had the Brownie for 2, which counts for 2 desserts. This was fine with us bc we were pretty full from our entrees and it was also a HUGE portion!! So rich and yummy!!! :worship::worship:Chocolate lovers all around would love love love this!!! *NOTE: sorry this isn't a pic right after we recieved it, :confused3I kind of forgot to originally take a pic but i still think it looks yummo!!

Overall:
Once again a great meal all around!! Food was hot and absolutely delicous. Service was great. Atmosphere, i love the decor. Despite some of the other reviews about this restuarant, i have nothing but great things to say about it. Like i said this was our second time going and both times were outstanding, this is a keeper for us!!

Rating: 100% a 10!!!!!!!!:love::woohoo:
Up next, some snacks and Coral Reef!!!!!!

Great reviews! Thanks for taking the time to write them! Sound slike you had a lovely honeymoon! :goodvibes

You guys ate all my favorites foods, the fried chicken from 50's, the ribs and steak and shrimp from Y&Y....oh man I am starving now!

Totally agree with you on the Prince Caspian thing, I loved the 2 movies so I thought this show would be cool....SNOOZEFEST! What a waste of time!

Looks like you guys had a blast! thanks for sharing all these great photos. It is helping me to count down the days until my next trip.

I love the 50's Prime Time. Yak and Yeti looks really yummy! I wanna go there sometime:)

Congratulations!!! I'm looking foward to the rest of your reviews.

We spent a week in Disney for our honeymoon 26 years ago. My DH became a Disney lover at that time (he had never been there before our honeymoon) and we have vacationed there many times since.

Yak and Yeti looks so good. I just don't think I will ever get DH there! Was the brownie in the sundae warm?

50's Prime Time looks great...I am sad we missed that reservation on our last trip. We were just so don't with large meals by the time that one came around!

Signing up for these great review:cool1:

Congratulations again on your wedding:)

Those ribs look so good! I have just made an adr there for our trip in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter