Barcelona, Spain Hotels...Any Suggestions?

Thanks for everyones suggestions. You never know what you get over seas. I always think of Clark Griswald's Hotel in England...1 common bathroon on their floor, 1 rock hard bed and 1 too soft, only snow and cheese on TV, dirty and tiny room! LOL:rotfl:

We have 3 in our family (2a1k/ 3yrs old) and a few hotels required us getting 2 rooms!???

We had the same issue and I wasn't willing to pay for 2 rooms. So, we ended up staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel. It is very convenient to the airport. They have an airport shuttle. We took the cab from there to ship and it was about 30 Euros. It has a bar & a sitdown restaurant. It is very modern. It also has a pool. However, it is about 30 minute train ride from the city. So, you aren't in the center of any of it. However, we were too tired to do anything anyways. We stayed one night pre and one night post. We actually, lucked out in staying pre because the airlines lost our luggage so, it was convenient in going back and forth to the airport. They loss 2 bags but we recovered one there. If we were in town we wouldn't have been able to do that. The rooms are have one king bed. They will bring in a roll away bed. They have a full stocked refrigerator and you can drink whatever is in there at no charge. They do not have a convenience store in the hotel so, difficult to get extras like a tooth brush which we needed. I'd stay there again if you weren't planning on doing a ton of sight seeing...

We are also looking for a hotel before the 2010 cruise and need a room that will accommodate 3 of us! How far is the port from the centre of Barcelona? Trying to work out if it is better to be located by the port or the centre?
Debsx:lovestruc

We are also looking for a hotel before the 2010 cruise and need a room that will accommodate 3 of us! How far is the port from the centre of Barcelona? Trying to work out if it is better to be located by the port or the centre?
Debsx:lovestruc

Everything is very close in the city, and the public transport is great better than London's The main road is La Rambla, and that runs form the shopping area Placa Catalunya to the start of the Port and would take at a stroll about 25 mins to walk, it has two train stations on that way.

I would suggest to have a hotel along this route my hotel the Crystal palace was at the north end Placa Catalunya in this area th tourist buses start and at the south part of Placa Catalunya is the hard rock. It is also served by all the main rail lines inc the airport ones.

Has anyone had any experience with Le Meridien in Barcelona? Right now we are booked thru Disney there for 3 days prior to our WB trans. I looked it up on tripadvisor and it looks nice....a bit modern for my tastes but convenient, just wondered how the staff and atmosphere was?

I'd love to know about Le Meriden too...........their suites with a terrace look lovely! Is it worth the splurge!?!!
Debsx:flower3:

Can anyone tell me how far it is from the centre of Barcelona to the Port? Where is it best to be based?! We would like to be in a hotel with a nice pool, by the beach would be a bonus, but not too far from all the centre attractions! Help!
Debsx;)

Can anyone tell me how far it is from the center of Barcelona to the Port? Where is it best to be based?! We would like to be in a hotel with a nice pool, by the beach would be a bonus, but not too far from all the center attractions! Help!
Debsx;)

I could walk one end of La Rambla (Placa Cataluna) to the port in 20 mins at a slow pace.

Its two stops on there underground trains.

The town center beaches are not too good you have to go out a bit, the best beachs can be got to by train from Placa Cataluna,( there is a hard rock here and the tourist bus terminals for route a and b. A lot of city center hotels do not have pools,

But personally I would base myself in the city center for shops attractions and food. And travel by train to beaches

We stayed at the Hotel Continental in Barcelona, sister hotel to the Hotel Continental Palacente. The location was perfect, right on La Rambla. We are a family of 4 and were able to stay in a very affordable room together. The free breakfast, snacks and beverages throughout the day as well as computer with free internet access were a plus. Not a fancy place, but the people were very nice, it was not expensive, and the location was great! We stayed 2 nights before and 1 night after the cruise. We had a balcony room each time and had a great view of La Rambla. I would absolutely stay there again.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_ramblas.htm

We stayed at the Hotel Continental in Barcelona, sister hotel to the Hotel Continental Palacente. The location was perfect, right on La Rambla. We are a family of 4 and were able to stay in a very affordable room together. The free breakfast, snacks and beverages throughout the day as well as computer with free internet access were a plus. Not a fancy place, but the people were very nice, it was not expensive, and the location was great! We stayed 2 nights before and 1 night after the cruise. We had a balcony room each time and had a great view of La Rambla. I would absolutely stay there again.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/home_ramblas.htm

That is a good location, my hotel the Crystal palace was nearby, it had family suites which are rare in Barcelona and avoid purchasing more than one room for a standard family.

Hi,

We're on the Dover to Barcelona Repo on the July 30th sailing. After getting off the ship, we are staying that day and night in Barcelona before departing back to the US.

Any experience with hotels? I've seen the Disney package hotels, but I wanted to see if anyone had a particularly good or bad experience or what properties were best to stay away from.

Thoughts?

Hi,

We're on the Dover to Barcelona Repo on the July 30th sailing. After getting off the ship, we are staying that day and night in Barcelona before departing back to the US.

Any experience with hotels? I've seen the Disney package hotels, but I wanted to see if anyone had a particularly good or bad experience or what properties were best to stay away from.

Thoughts?

The one I like is the Hotel crystal palace, centrally located, a very nice hotel and one of the few to have family rooms /suites.

http://www.eurostarshotels.com/EN/h...l?id=adwords&gclid=CMf05Kq1j50CFYIA4wodgUhp0w

Its a few mins walk to Plaça Catalunya (tourist bus start, shops, hard rock, la rambala)and Passeig de Gràcia (Shops Guadi).

The Hispanos 7 Suiza (www.hispanos7suiza) is a great option for families. It is an apartment style hotel. You have the choice of multiple bedrooms, a kitchen, washer and dryer, and breakfast is included in the price (there is no minimum night stay). It is located 1 block from the Sagrada Familia- so a quiet part of town at night but close to the buses and metro if you wish to venture further into the city. This was a great choice for us as we have young children and did not want multiple hotel rooms (I have emailed a lot of hotel in Barcelona and this option though pricey was still cheaper than 2 hotel rooms anywhere else). My in-laws stayed here in May and enjoyed their stay. Especially after getting off a ship- having multiple bedrooms was lovely.

I did some research last night on trip advisor as I think we may stay an extra day in Barcelona. Hotels in Barcelona that hold more than 2 people are hard to find, so with a regular hotel you will need 2 rooms. THe apartment option may be better if your whole family is going.

I ended up choosing AC Diplomatic, which is one of the DCL hotels but I booked it directly throught the hotel at much less than the $400 + DCL is charging. It is rated highly on trip advisor, I think it was 15 out of 500 plus hotels and most of the review I read there are positvie.

Stop by the Cruise meet thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1982584&page=49

I did some research last night on trip advisor as I think we may stay an extra day in Barcelona. Hotels in Barcelona that hold more than 2 people are hard to find, so with a regular hotel you will need 2 rooms. THe apartment option may be better if your whole family is going.

I ended up choosing AC Diplomatic, which is one of the DCL hotels but I booked it directly throught the hotel at much less than the $400 + DCL is charging. It is rated highly on trip advisor, I think it was 15 out of 500 plus hotels and most of the review I read there are positvie.

Stop by the Cruise meet thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1982584&page=49

We are looking to book Mediterranean Cruise. We have to book a hotel on end as part of returning due to the return flight options and when Disney says is earliest we should book our flight. I got a $540 price for AC Diplomatic today for May 5th, 2010 for extra night in Barcelona. Other hotels quoted by Disney were $800-$1200/night (which is insane) so AC Diplomatic was cheapest they quoted. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids).

We also observed same thing you did, can book hotel directly for less. I tried online today and was surprised I could get this for around $400 for 2 rooms for 4 of us when Disney is quoting $540. We also poked around and found some other highly rated hotels for less money than what Disney had on their list. So at this point, we are not sure why we would book through Disney for added hotel stay on back end of the cruise vs just handling ourselves directly. Are we missing any advantage to using them for this hotel booking in Barcelona besides it will cost us more money?

I was able to book Le Meridein directly by phone for our WBTA....for 179 Euros a night.....a GREAT price. DCL was gonna charge over twice that. It is the only 5 star hotel on Las Ramblas. It is a Starwoods hotel, so kids are free.

The other 2 I am considering are Casa Camper (small and hard to get), and Hotel 1898.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter