Barcelona Questions!

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
All we are doing a Med cruise out of Barcelona in September and I have a few questions on recommendations. We currently live in Spain (very new, only moved here in May).

We are looking to fly out of Seville or Jerez, or even take a train the day before. What would you recommend? Train/plane (what airlines)?

Also as far as hotels that are not breaking the bank but close to port? Preferably something under $200 US.

I don't know anything about traveling in Europe so anything about that would be very welcome.

If you are in Spain the trains are good, I suggest that.

I have stayed at the Hotel Jazz a few times, it's in the city centre, and one block from Placa Cataluna the hub of the city where the sightseeing buses start, La Rambala starts, and there are shops there, and a ten minutes taxi to the port.

The Jazz, http://www.hoteljazz.com/en/?&utm_s...el jazz&utm_campaign=Jazz Hotel Brand EN - UK, is a modern hotel, has a roof top pool and bar, and a great view from there. Our rooms was nice, the breakfast was great, we got it included, and you have a supply of taxis outside, or can use train or bus to the airport.

Maybe go to a travel agent and check if there are cheap flights. I did a quick search plane vs train and flying was cheaper (depends on your dates). Check in rumbo.es (sorry, I think it's all in Spanish but easy enough to navigate)

Are you flying in a few days before or just the night before? If just the night before the Barcelona Airport hotel is great value. It used to be a Rennaissance (2010) but is now a seperate hotel. Its nice clean and friendly and does a free shuttle from the airport. It then has a port shuttle for 15 euros I think it was last year that you can get at 11am the morning of the cruise. This works great if your plan isn't to see much of the city. They do a free shuttle to the city as well about 6 times a day but I've never used this as usually arrive in the afternoon the day before the cruise. The restaurant in the hotel is OK and room service is nice. They do a cruise package including the transfer and I think last year it was around 140 euros. Might be something worth looking at. Oh and the shuttle you need to book when you check in so make sure they put your name on the list and get your ticket.

Are you flying in a few days before or just the night before? If just the night before the Barcelona Airport hotel is great value. It used to be a Rennaissance (2010) but is now a seperate hotel. Its nice clean and friendly and does a free shuttle from the airport. It then has a port shuttle for 15 euros I think it was last year that you can get at 11am the morning of the cruise. This works great if your plan isn't to see much of the city. They do a free shuttle to the city as well about 6 times a day but I've never used this as usually arrive in the afternoon the day before the cruise. The restaurant in the hotel is OK and room service is nice. They do a cruise package including the transfer and I think last year it was around 140 euros. Might be something worth looking at. Oh and the shuttle you need to book when you check in so make sure they put your name on the list and get your ticket.
We are only flying in the day of. As early as possible.

We are only flying in the day of. As early as possible.

I'm always paranoid I might be late flying in the day of hence come in the night before. Only actually once been delayed though and still made it by 4am but just wouldn't want the stress of it. The good point is you can always do Disney port transfers if you come in on the day (or even a private transfer) and get to the port at a great time!

We are sailing out of Barcolona in a few weeks. Our cruise leaves on a Monday and we fly in Friday evening, and we are staying at the Novotel. Three nights cost us around 400 Euros with breakfast.

I think we are going to grab a taxi from the airport to the hotel, and then again to the cruise port.

Traveling in Europe is easy either by train or plane, and we do both. It is so much better than by car, at least for us, our last two car trips should have been about 5 hours and turned into 8+hours for us. We always manage to get stuck in traffic. :(

Last edited:
We are sailing out of Barcolona in a few weeks. Our cruise leaves on a Monday and we fly in Friday evening, and we are staying at the Novotel. Three nights cost us around 400 Euros with breakfast.

I think we are going to grab a taxi from the airport to the hotel, and then again to the cruise port.

Traveling in Europe is easy either by train or plane, and we do both. It is so much better than by car, at least for us, our last two car trips should have been about 5 hours and turned into 8+hours for us. We always manage to get stuck in traffic. :(
Have a great cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter