Barcelona private car airport transfers?

go2wdwnow

Earning My Ears
Has anyone tried hiring a private car airport transfer from the Barcelona airport that included a 3 - 4 hour City Tour before they dropped you off at your hotel?

I'll be arriving early morning at the Barcelona airport the day before my Sept Med cruise and was wondering if this would be a good option just to get an overview of the city before checking into the hotel and collapsing from jet lag :rotfl:

I see numerous companies listing this service but can't tell which ones are legit so was hoping for any recommendations.

Thanks!

We took a cab from the airport to our hotel, dropped off our luggage then toured the city on the "hop on/hop off" bus. It was a wonderful value and great way to see Barcelona as you can get off then back on at whatever stops interest you.

Most likely, you can walk from your hotel to the closest hop on/hop off bus stop as there are three color coded routes that go all over the city. You buy your ticket when you get on the bus. We used it as our main transportation while in Barcelona. Everyone we met from our cruise used the "ho-ho' bus.

We will also be on the Sept 8th cruise. Where did you get a hotel reservation in Barcelona? We arrive the day before after a 12 hr layover/sightseeing in London.

We will also be on the Sept 8th cruise. Where did you get a hotel reservation in Barcelona? We arrive the day before after a 12 hr layover/sightseeing in London.

We had a 12 hour layover in Paris prior to our arrival in Barcelona before our May cruise. We got to Barcelona in time to eat dinner then went straight to bed. We didn't feel jet-lagged until the third day.

I was able to book a good price for the Le Meridien hotel through my Auto Club. I figured that since this was one of the Disney hotels, then I could take advantage of the DCL transfers from the hotel to the ship. It sounds like the location is very convenient - right on Las Ramblas.

We took a cab from the airport to our hotel, dropped off our luggage then toured the city on the "hop on/hop off" bus. It was a wonderful value and great way to see Barcelona as you can get off then back on at whatever stops interest you.

Most likely, you can walk from your hotel to the closest hop on/hop off bus stop as there are three color coded routes that go all over the city. You buy your ticket when you get on the bus. We used it as our main transportation while in Barcelona. Everyone we met from our cruise used the "ho-ho' bus.

Thanks for the information about the "ho-ho" buses. I will be arriving at the airport around 8:45am so wasn't sure if I took a taxi directly to the hotel if it would be too early to check in, so I would be stuck with the luggage. I thought maybe the 4 hour city tour would help kill some time before they dropped us off at the hotel.

We stayed at the Renassiance Airport. They included all transfers...from airport, to and from city, and to the port. It was very nice. Also had bar and snacks included in room cost. We were extremely pleased. the only draw back was that the "city" buses only lft and returned every three or four hours. We had a great time in the city, but when we were done, we had to wait 2 hours before another bus came from the hotel (we could have used a cab, but there were five of us and we did not want to seperate into two cabs).

I will be arriving at the airport around 8:45am so wasn't sure if I took a taxi directly to the hotel if it would be too early to check in, so I would be stuck with the luggage. I thought maybe the 4 hour city tour would help kill some time before they dropped us off at the hotel.

Most hotels will store your luggage even if your room is not ready.

We booked transfers through Sun Transfers and they sent a taxi. LOL. I watched the meter tick to cover half of what they had charged. Taxis were readily available and clean. I wouldn't waste my money on transfers again.

We used suntransfers from the hotel to the BCN airport and they sent a small taxi for 5 of us rather than a lg van that we booked. I would never use them. We used A2B transfers from the port to the hotel and they were great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter