Barcelona hotels

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Does any one have a recommendation for pre-cruise hotels in the Med, in Barcelona? There are so many to choose from. I'd like something within walking distance to the center of town/main sights. Many thanks.

Does any one have a recommendation for pre-cruise hotels in the Med, in Barcelona? There are so many to choose from. I'd like something within walking distance to the center of town/main sights. Many thanks.
It really depends on what you consider the center of town/main sights. I highly recommend the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel. It's right on the water, walking distance to the Columbus Statue and Las Ramblas (and a Metro station) and right on the Hop On Hop Off bus line. Beautiful hotel with large, modern rooms.

Sayhello

Sayhello - thanks! I am just starting to do my research on Barcelona so honestly I couldn't tell you which sights I'd like to be near! But having a rec for a good hotel is extremely helpful.

If you are looking for an upscale hotel in the Las Ramblas area, Hotel 1898 is absolutely fabulous.

We have the Holiday Inn Express City 22 booked for next year. We have points to use, so it makes sense for us, but it's reasonably priced, sleeps four, free breakfast and gets good reviews. The location looks decent, too.

We stayed at the Travelodge by the airport...and I do not in any way recommend this hotel. We were trying to be as budget -conscience as possible but this was not a good choice. Sure, it was cheap, but it was very far from the city center. It was by a great mall, but that's the only good thing I'll say about that ;)

We stayed at the Casp74 apartments in 2011 before our Med cruise, and I highly recommend them.

I just read the reviews for Hotel 1898 - it looks amazing! But believe it or not, it says it is sold out for the dates we need next August. Guess I should try to pick something and make a reservation soon, even if I need to change my mind inbetween now and then. Off to check more!

Here's a great thread put together by nzdisneymom that will give you more reading on this than you will ever want to do:

Barcelona Hotels

This should really be a sticky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter