Barbie finds her Prince Charming- our English wedding & Disneymoon June 2011!

Looks like fun and yay at spotting a little disney ;) though ermm i'm not keen on the guest who intruded haha

Hen party? Is that like a bachelorette party? Also, what exactly is an American diner? I always wondered if people in other countries have American restaurants like we have Italian restaurants, etc.....

Sounds fun! (Aside from the mouse...)

yup a 'hen party' is a bachelorette party.. it is funny that we have different names for it! .. we call the mens' version a 'stag party' :cutie:

and the American diner was a burger/ribs/tacos restaurant.. sort of American food?! ;)
on the way to the Ladies (restrooms!), I spotted those Mickey & Minnie pictures -and of course had to take a photo! :laughing:
In England there are also two 'chains' of American restaurants I can think of.. Ed's Diner - which is like the cafe in Grease lol, and 'Frankie & Benny's' which is a New York/Italian menu ... I wish the food was better because it's a great theme, but I've never had a good meal at one! :confused3

Emma princess: x

Looks like fun and yay at spotting a little disney ;) though ermm i'm not keen on the guest who intruded haha

Lol when we got back to the villa we'd all had a few drinks so thought it was funny.. but the next day I was really disgusted that there was a MOUSE in our villa!! :scared1:

I quickly became known as the 'disney girl' of the hen party lol... i always seemed to be wearing a Disney tshirt or piece of jewellery! :cutie: .. one of my cousin's friends said to me "i've never know someone our age who loves Disney things so much.. but it makes me like it more!" :rotfl:

There was also a load of squirrels in the resort, so my sister & I kept saying "SQUIRREL!" like in 'Up' :laughing:

Emma princess: x x

yup a 'hen party' is a bachelorette party.. it is funny that we have different names for it! .. we call the mens' version a 'stag party' :cutie:

and the American diner was a burger/ribs/tacos restaurant.. sort of American food?! ;)
on the way to the Ladies (restrooms!), I spotted those Mickey & Minnie pictures -and of course had to take a photo! :laughing:
In England there are also two 'chains' of American restaurants I can think of.. Ed's Diner - which is like the cafe in Grease lol, and 'Frankie & Benny's' which is a New York/Italian menu ... I wish the food was better because it's a great theme, but I've never had a good meal at one! :confused3

That is too funny about the American food! I love it! I have to say, in New Jersey, those diners (like the ones from Grease) are practically on every corner! When I was in high school/college, there was nothing better after a late night out than going to the diner for some mozzarella cheese fries with gravy!

Sounds like you had a great weekend and the Hen Party sounded like loads of fun (minus your little intruder). I love those Mickey and Minnie pictures, so cool.

Cupcakes! :love: You guys did really well making them, they look delish :)

There was also a load of squirrels in the resort, so my sister & I kept saying "SQUIRREL!" like in 'Up'

I :laughing: at that. I love that part in the movie where they just randomly say that. :laughing:

I quickly became known as the 'disney girl' of the hen party lol... i always seemed to be wearing a Disney tshirt or piece of jewellery! .. one of my cousin's friends said to me "i've never know someone our age who loves Disney things so much.. but it makes me like it more!"

I am known as the Disney girl at work. One of my friends is really great about it as she has been before, but she was a total newbie and isn't in to it as much as us. Although she has said that she and her DH will come on a trip with me and DF one day. So there is still time to convert her yet :laughing:

My other friend at work however is not so understanding of my Disney addiction, sometimes she looks either exasperated or annoyed when she see's me open up a parcel that contains a Disney t shirt or anything Disney. It makes me sad and also v annoyed because she just doesn't get Disney at all and is quite narrow minded :sad2:

Guess what I am trying to get at here is do you sometimes get people like that?

My other friend at work however is not so understanding of my Disney addiction, sometimes she looks either exasperated or annoyed when she see's me open up a parcel that contains a Disney t shirt or anything Disney. It makes me sad and also v annoyed because she just doesn't get Disney at all and is quite narrow minded :sad2:

Guess what I am trying to get at here is do you sometimes get people like that?

Hi Stefy!
Lol yup I have friends/relatives who don't "get it" with Disney.. I've kinda learnt not to talk about it in front of them :rolleyes:

My desk at work is my little Disney patch though! I have a WDW mousemat, mickey-shaped pencil, notepad, small nemo plush toy & most of the photos on my 'wall' are in WDW :goodvibes ... it's got to be my 'happy place' as I spend 40ish hours a week there!
And I'm pretty sure I've found a hidden mickey in the office carpet - but that's probably just me! :laughing:

Hi Stefy!
Lol yup I have friends/relatives who don't "get it" with Disney.. I've kinda learnt not to talk about it in front of them :rolleyes:

My desk at work is my little Disney patch though! I have a WDW mousemat, mickey-shaped pencil, notepad, small nemo plush toy & most of the photos on my 'wall' are in WDW :goodvibes ... it's got to be my 'happy place' as I spend 40ish hours a week there!
And I'm pretty sure I've found a hidden mickey in the office carpet - but that's probably just me! :laughing:

Lol I love it, Hidden Mickey in the carpet :laughing:

I can't decorate anything at work on my desk. Plushes are not allowed and we have to use scenic wallpaper for our screens, but I use Disney photos from Epcot etc. The one I am using now as the golf ball in the background, so I like that I can get away with that.

I'll bet you desk looks cute, sounds it :cutie:

Lol when we got back to the villa we'd all had a few drinks so thought it was funny.. but the next day I was really disgusted that there was a MOUSE in our villa!! :scared1:

I quickly became known as the 'disney girl' of the hen party lol... i always seemed to be wearing a Disney tshirt or piece of jewellery! :cutie: .. one of my cousin's friends said to me "i've never know someone our age who loves Disney things so much.. but it makes me like it more!" :rotfl:

There was also a load of squirrels in the resort, so my sister & I kept saying "SQUIRREL!" like in 'Up' :laughing:

Emma princess: x x

haha the drink helped the mouse to seem more friendly until reality hit once it had worn off in the morning :rotfl: I would have been the same.

haha people are always saying to me how they have never known anyone my age to love Disney as much as me, I'm known as the Disney lover from my friends :)

haha people are always saying to me how they have never known anyone my age to love Disney as much as me, I'm known as the Disney lover from my friends :)

Hi!
I noticed in your signature you are going to NYC in a few months!! :thumbsup2 can I ask where you're staying?
DF and I are going in December for the 1st time.. I cannot wait - 3 nights there then 6 at WDW :yay: we don't have our NY hotel booked yet!
I'll probably include some of my vacation planning for that trip in this PJ... it's sort of an 'engagement trip' :lovestruc lol

Hi!
I noticed in your signature you are going to NYC in a few months!! :thumbsup2 can I ask where you're staying?
DF and I are going in December for the 1st time.. I cannot wait - 3 nights there then 6 at WDW :yay: we don't have our NY hotel booked yet!
I'll probably include some of my vacation planning for that trip in this PJ... it's sort of an 'engagement trip' :lovestruc lol

We are staying in the Millenium Hilton which is located in the financial district opposite where the twin towers were. It doesnt bother us not being in Times sq area, its meant to be a great hotel and the subway stations are close by.
It will be our first time too, im really looking forward to it.

Your trip sounds great NY & WDW will be fab :thumbsup2

People are ALWAYS telling me that I'm the biggest Disney fan they know and blah blah blah... and at my age... .blah blah blah.. and I tell them... "what are you kiddin' me?".... "I don't even belong to D23 yet!".. I tell them, well you never met Tom Bell or I say, My Disfriend Emma from England.. she actually gets to listen to all the podcasts on her way to work, and she belongs to D23".. :rotfl: They just roll their eyes. At least my DD21 gets it and DD7 of course! DS18 has been accepted to Florida Tech for college, so if he chooses to attend, he'll just be 1 hour east of Disney. He's a DTD person. He loves DisneyQuest and the Lego store! :lovestruc something for everyone! I promised him an annual pass for DisneyQuest if he attends. I think an internship with imagineers is perfect for him. He wants to be an engineer, he's very creative and imaginative in his building. (not a fine artist at all). In fact he's in a competition with the Technology Student Association in June where he has to build an animatronic penquin (his choice) and program certain motions.

I can't wait for my Ressie at Rose & Crown. Its my 1 time a year I eat fish & chips. Too fattening. And it never tastes as good anywhere else but there! I too wondered if other countries had American restaurants and what they'd be like. I wondered if we have a "cuisine". I guess diner's it is!:rotfl: I will have to find and post a picture of my basement. I have a whole diner theme down there with red & white striped wallpaper (inspired by Casey's Corner), a wet bar, old fashioned advertising art, lots of Coca Cola stuff and a Juke Box. I just redid the bathroom in a Mickey Theme. I framed a piece of scrapbooking paper that was a old fashioned Mickey cartoon strip. I just got a Litho from my sister of Mickey. It is Pop art. She got it as a gift from Disney when she stayed at the Contemporary when she ran the 1/2 marathon in January 09. Her husband didn't want to hang it up because he is one of those who doesn't get it. I couldn't believe she would give it up... but now I get to enjoy it. I put it in my Mickey bathroom. I hope to find more stuff for my Mickey bathroom next week at Disney!! :banana: Just 4 days til we leave!

Hi Emma! I've finally made it over to your PJ - sorry it took me so long! :goodvibes

I absolutely love your venue - oh my goodness it is gorgeous! :love: I wish we had something like that here in Atlanta because that is my type of place!

Hi Emma! I've finally made it over to your PJ - sorry it took me so long! :goodvibes

I absolutely love your venue - oh my goodness it is gorgeous! :love: I wish we had something like that here in Atlanta because that is my type of place!

Hi! Thank you for joining in :goodvibes
Not much to report on my plans this week... all focus has been on my cousin's wedding - it's this Saturday, can't believe it's so soon! :lovestruc

Hi Emma,

Ive just caught up on your PJ, your plans look great so far!

Im a UK bride too, getting married in UK and having a 3 week Disneymoon, wedding is 1st May so just over 4 weeks to go for me now!

My H2B and me first went to DisneyWorld together in 2006 too and we were both out there in 2008 the same time as you! We flew home on 10th oct 08, lucky you for getting to go back last year too, we are desperate to get back out there and cant wait for May!

We bought into DVC on our first trip lol but H2B had been going every other year since the 1990's so it wasnt as hasty as it sounds :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans, i have a PJ too if you fancy checking it out.

Your venue looks lovely! We wanted to marry in WDW too, we had planned it but caused some family difficulty and would mean not many people could share in our day so same reason as you really, i just cant wait for our Disneymoon though! Your day will be here before you know it!

Hey - first time on your PJ for me. Everything sounds wonderful, your location is just beautiful.

I will have to keep an eye on your PJ. We are planning a Disney cruise next June with about 10 family members and I know they are thinking of doing the "double dip" two times on Disney's island. I will have to see what date they are thinking of. It would be so great to be on the same cruise. Maybe there will be a Disboard meet on the cruise.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Wow that is v soon. Where is she getting married?

The wedding is in Doncaster, Yorkshire - ceremony & reception are in a hotel :bride:.
Then the bride&groom are driving back down south with us on Sunday.. as we're taking them to the airport on Monday - they're going to Australia for 4 weeks honeymoon!!
My DF and my cousin's soon-to-be DH are really good friends - they just seemed to click since they first met! They have lots in common... football, playstation, other sports... lol! :rotfl:

Hi Emma,

Ive just caught up on your PJ, your plans look great so far!

Im a UK bride too, getting married in UK and having a 3 week Disneymoon, wedding is 1st May so just over 4 weeks to go for me now!

My H2B and me first went to DisneyWorld together in 2006 too and we were both out there in 2008 the same time as you! We flew home on 10th oct 08, lucky you for getting to go back last year too, we are desperate to get back out there and cant wait for May!

We bought into DVC on our first trip lol but H2B had been going every other year since the 1990's so it wasnt as hasty as it sounds :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to hearing about your plans, i have a PJ too if you fancy checking it out.

Your venue looks lovely! We wanted to marry in WDW too, we had planned it but caused some family difficulty and would mean not many people could share in our day so same reason as you really, i just cant wait for our Disneymoon though! Your day will be here before you know it!

Hi! Thank you for reading along ... I'm off to find your PJ - you must be so excited how soon it is.. and three whole weeks Disneymoon, wow!! :wizard:

Hey - first time on your PJ for me. Everything sounds wonderful, your location is just beautiful.

I will have to keep an eye on your PJ. We are planning a Disney cruise next June with about 10 family members and I know they are thinking of doing the "double dip" two times on Disney's island. I will have to see what date they are thinking of. It would be so great to be on the same cruise. Maybe there will be a Disboard meet on the cruise.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

Thank you for reading along so far!

The wedding is in Doncaster, Yorkshire - ceremony & reception are in a hotel :bride:.
Then the bride&groom are driving back down south with us on Sunday.. as we're taking them to the airport on Monday - they're going to Australia for 4 weeks honeymoon!!
My DF and my cousin's soon-to-be DH are really good friends - they just seemed to click since they first met! They have lots in common... football, playstation, other sports... lol! :rotfl:

Wow 4 weeks in Oz for a honeymoon, are they stopping off anywhere in Asia?

Hope you guys have a great time this weekend :goodvibes

They have one day in Singapore each way :goodvibes
I phoned their airline this week to ask if I could buy some champagne to be given to them when they board the plane... and they said no?! :confused3 ... I guess I am used to the Disney Florist.. their dream-makers can do anything! :wizard: lol.

I had a pedicure at work today (pre wedding on Saturday in strappy shoes)!! there is a beautician that comes to our office once a month and does loads of treatments at really good prices.. we got chatting & she does wedding makeup - and knows my venue! :thumbsup2 so I'm keeping her email address and will consider her for my wedding day :bride: !

This evening i've put together my MoH 'emergency kit' for Saturday - sewing kit, tissues, paracetemol, plasters, gum, sanitising gel, stain-remover wipes ... i only have a small clutch handbag though and it's bulging! must have my camera with me too :goodvibes

Hope everyone's having a good week - only one day left at work for the UK girls here! :yay:

Emma princess: xx

I know, can't wait for this weekend. Nice, long and relaxing :yay:

How cool that you get a beautician come round to your office, does she make trips to smaller companies? :teeth: and well done for finding someone you like and have used before for makeup for your wedding :thumbsup2

Your emergency kit sounds great with lots of must haves in case of :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter