Barber shop reservation

emmababy

DIS Veteran
Hi there, we want our dd2 first haircut to be at our trip in June. How far in advance should we schedule? Also, are they still doing the gel and confetti? What's the best time of day? I don't want to spend valuable morning hours doing it, but I want to still get pics. Maybe lunch time?

Hi there, we want our dd2 first haircut to be at our trip in June.

1- How far in advance should we schedule?

2- Also, are they still doing the gel and confetti?

3- What's the best time of day? I don't want to spend valuable morning hours doing it, but I want to still get pics.

4- Maybe lunch time?

1- ASAP.

2- They are doing some form of that, yes.

3- When you can get a reservation. (No, I'm not kidding.)

4- That's one option, if you can get a reservation then.

They can take a credit card, KTTW card, etc. for PAYMENT... but not for TIPS.
So, take some cash with you for the tip.

I would get a reservation as soon as you can. It usually isn't a problem to get one. Yes, they do gel and pixie dust. The gel can be difficult to get out. My DD only got the pixie dust.

Anytime is really good. We have done it first thing in the morning and later in the day. If you go around noon, the Barbershop Quartet is there.

Anyone can get their haircut there. During our last trip, my DH and DD both got cuts. I probably wouldn't recommend this for women with long hair because they don't generally wash your hair. However, there was a woman with very short hair getting a cut while we were there last trip.

I made an appt today for DS for our trip in 2 weeks. I had no trouble getting the time I wanted, but they have been because I asked for an afternoon time (after we return from our midday break). I didn't want to spend valuable morning time doing it and wasn't sure yet exactly how long he'll last before taking a break with such early mornings.

Hi there, we want our dd2 first haircut to be at our trip in June. How far in advance should we schedule? Also, are they still doing the gel and confetti? What's the best time of day? I don't want to spend valuable morning hours doing it, but I want to still get pics. Maybe lunch time?
They no longer have the colored gel. The company that they used to buy it from went out of business and they tried various replacements but found that they either stayed runny or would cause stains.

It is impossible to tell what is a busy time in advance. Even though they take reservations, they still have lots of walk-ins. People with reservations do have priority.

Do they only cut kids hairs?

No. They are a regular full-service barber shop (except for shaves). That is my regular barber shop (about every four weeks) and I know they have lots of others going regularly.

They do not wash hair there. I Know that they request that customers have washed their hair that morning and not put any greasy/sticky stuff on it as it makes it easier to cut properly.

One important thing to remember at the MK Barber Shop. When they removed the old antique cash register and put in a terminal to allow use of credit cards and hotel charges and the like they hooked into The Emporium's network. The register, unlike ones in table service restaurants, cannot handle tips as part of the transaction.

So if you are planning on using the Harmony Barber Shop please be aware that if you are using any sort of card you cannot add a tip on the card and should have cash available for tipping.

They no longer have the colored gel. The company that they used to buy it from went out of business and they tried various replacements but found that they either stayed runny or would cause

That's odd because I read they were still oing that and pixie dust. How does the pixie dust stays in? I made appt for all 3 kids. 2 were just for the gel and pixe dust... I just did that yesterday and theyndidntbsay anything.

Does anyone have recent pics?

Can you just get pixie dusted? Do you have to make an appointment for it or can you just walk in if they aren't totally busy?

I was also wondering if you can make an appointment for just the pixie dust. How much does it cost these days? Thanks!

This link: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mk_barber.htm lists all the prices and details for the services that they offer at Harmony Barber shop.

I think I'm going to schedule an appointment for my husband to get his hair cut there. I'm trying to plan something special for each person in the family to do, and I think he'll really like this. :)

1- Can you just get pixie dusted?

2- can you just walk in if they aren't totally busy?

1- Yes.

2- Yes.
You can even just walk-in for a full haircut, and ask if they can accommodate you.

They no longer have the colored gel. The company that they used to buy it from went out of business and they tried various replacements but found that they either stayed runny or would cause

That's odd because I read they were still oing that and pixie dust. How does the pixie dust stays in? I made appt for all 3 kids. 2 were just for the gel and pixe dust... I just did that yesterday and theyndidntbsay anything.

Does anyone have recent pics?

I guess they could use a clear gel to hold the pixie dust in.

They have sprinkled my head with pixie dust and then used hair spray--I wasn't getting a hair cut, they just didn't want me to be left out. It didn't last long with just hair spray. I hope that if you are paying for it, they would use some type of gel to get it to stay.

We are going down Friday and I was wondering if they had colored gel again. They CMs on the phone who make your reservation may not be aware of the gel situation. So I'm really hoping to hear from someone who has been there recently.

I guess they could use a clear gel to hold the pixie dust in.

They have sprinkled my head with pixie dust and then used hair spray--I wasn't getting a hair cut, they just didn't want me to be left out. It didn't last long with just hair spray. I hope that if you are paying for it, they would use some type of gel to get it to stay.

We are going down Friday and I was wondering if they had colored gel again. They CMs on the phone who make your reservation may not be aware of the gel situation. So I'm really hoping to hear from someone who has been there recently.

I don't know there have been multiple mentions that the gel has returned a couple of weeks ago new supplier I think someone said. Wondering if anyone could check for sure.

I made an appointment for my 15-month-old daughter about two weeks before we went, over President's Day weekend. Wasn't any trouble. While we were there, I even got a haircut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter