Barber Shop at MK - Haircut question

hardingk

DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT
So our dd is almost 20mo and really needs to have her hair cut. I have put it up in clips etc and she rips them out. Her bangs are in her face! Does anyone know if the Barber Shop on Main St does girls haircuts too? How much they are? She just needs a trim. The kid place here is $25. I figure if I am going to spend that much, I might as well do it at Disney!

LOL! I cut hair & think that's a cute idea for a little one's 1rt cut! The pics would be so cute!!!:earseek: but hey, In case u don't know 90% of kids freak out during haircuts lol!!! But hey maybe Disney has some magical ideas to keep them calm. I'll have a 1 year old when we r down there maybe I"ll do the same for him. I'm sure they'd do girls hair. Why not?

we did this for our little one on her first haircut. For 18.00 you get a locket of hair, a certificate of bravery and a special pair of mouse ears that say First Haircut......it;s the BEST souvie value at disney. They also give the kids TONS of stickers to keep their mind off of the haircut and then pixie dust in the hair! Ella still insists on a Disney Haircut and Main Street USA each time we go! :rotfl:

Thanks for all the info! It sounds great. I think we will wait a few more weeks and have it done there!

We have done it for 2 of our girls and it is perfect! I think this last time in Dec we waited for about 30 min maybe a bit more - it felt like FOREVER!! THere were a few men getting cuts-- anyway for girls theypulled their hair up in a ponytail and pput in some colored gel, glitter and Mickey confetti- along with getting a cert and 1!st haircut Mouse ears.

We walked right in and sat down in the afternoon around 3 or 4:00 PM during the height of summer season last year (around the 4th of July)- No wait! My DD had a trim and we spent the extra money for the pixie dust and color. I think the extra was 3.00 or so, not more than five dollars. It was 15.00 for the cut I think. My DD was six at the time. She enjoyed getting her haircut and loved the attention she received later from everyone. Here is one picture. I will try to post another later.

PICT0055-Copy-1.jpg

Thanks for the picture and info! We will def have her hair cut at WDW!!

I'm thinking of getting my DD's first hair cut when we're there in May. I can't wait to hear of other people's experiences!

We chatted with a little guy who had gotten a mickey head sprayed into the back of his fresh haircut. He was thrilled when we called him a rock star and told us the Cinderella thought so too, he was sporting a big red kiss on his cheek in evidence!
!st Haircut is very much on our Disney list!

You must have it done at Harmony. The CMs are amazing. All 3 of mine had 1st haircuts there and no one cried (except me)! They have all sort of tricks to keep little ones distracted - my son was covered in Mickey stickers and never noticed. DD1 played with a Tinker Bell lightup toy. The special mouse ears are a great souvenir. We lost 1 pair during Hurricane Katrina and later went to Harmony and asked for a replacement - no charge :) With all 3 kids we went there first thing in the morning. Very little wait, if any.

This is so awesome. I took my daugher at 10 months. I had them cut off the last few strands of her newborn hair that were hanging on. She did great - but sadly I lost my camera, never to be found/returned to lost and found. What I did was scheduled firs seating at Crystal Palace then rushed down to wait before park opened. We were 3rd in line but one man was waiting specifically for one barber so it was very fast. When we go in October, (she'll be 2.5) I'm thinking of getting her another cut and call it her first since she hasn't had the length cut. I think the sparkles are adorable. She loves getting "prettied" up.

How do you wash all that glitter and confetti out?? you just let it go down the drain? I'm serious.. I've always wondered that. I don't know that I could get that done for my DD even though she'd love it. Can't use hairspray or her skin would break out!
My DD has never had a professional haircut. I just chop the ends off myself. I'd love to get her a haircut there, but I'm sure my DH would not like it. :rolleyes1

^^ I was wondering that too!

I'm definitely going to do this for my baby when we go in the Fall. Hopefully, I can wait that long before chopping off his hair. It'll be pretty long by then. Just have to figure out the best time to get there to minimize the wait time.

We did it last December for my youngest. He was a champ and smiled the entire time. We did have about a 45 minute wait. It is a tight space, so keep that in mind if you want mom, dad, siblings, grandparents, etc to join in. They are very good though and my little one loved the attention! His special ears are in his keepsake box already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter